Volvo XC90

SLSAMG88

Crazy price for a wowo....

Lexus RX450h or a BMW X5 are similar price. But seems the XC90 has better space and interior. Especially the iPad like central console and TFT instrument cluster.

↡ Advertisement

Thanks for the info. However, I'm not too sure whether I'm within the top 5% earner. But I guess should be at least within a reasonable range of income earner. 5km/L is even worst than a Porsche cayenne. Are u sure the petrol consumption for XC90 is so bad?

Yep. Know someone whose 2010 XC90 gets only 5 km/l. But his other car is a Beemer Z4 so I'm assuming he drives the big SUV like he drives his small roadster... and that may be one of the reasons for the poor FC.

But I think the issue may also be the slow 6-speed AT for a 3.2L engine. I found their gearbox disappointing on my S60 T5 as well.

• Praise 2

Supercharged

Mine's an 08 XC90 2.5T AWD. Had owned the 1st Gen of the same as well.

FC is about 6-7, daily drive. 40% Expressway 60% City. I agree that the pick-up lag is very apparent, but all these can be resolved with a little tuning. Never driven the "bigger brothers" of the XC90, but I think the 2.0/2.5 variants are quite sufficient for Singapore's road conditions.

Supercharged

Lexus RX450h or a BMW X5 are similar price. But seems the XC90 has better space and interior. Especially the iPad like central console and TFT instrument cluster.

personally the reasonable price for the xc90 should be in the range of about 260-280k.. partly why now 330-360 is because of the CEVS.. I think xc90 falls into the worst cat of 30k. plus new model.. so if you remove this .. the likely price should be 260-280k..which makes more sense. I am quite sure by end year it will fall below 300k assuming coe remains same.

• Praise 1

Twincharged

personally the reasonable price for the xc90 should be in the range of about 260-280k.. partly why now 330-360 is because of the CEVS.. I think xc90 falls into the worst cat of 30k. plus new model.. so if you remove this .. the likely price should be 260-280k..which makes more sense. I am quite sure by end year it will fall below 300k assuming coe remains same.

agree that price is on high side

If they sell below 300k, more will buy

Inside of car looks cool though

May have problems in certain carparks

• Praise 3

So how much is the XC90 selling now? Is the ride better than the X5? Anyone test-drove or bought?

no one will buy the car unless it's more money than sense, [lipsrsealed]

Looking at SG Car Mart price of the base model for X5 xDrive35i ($343,800) vs XC90 Momentum ($330,000) and given only these 2 choices, I will take the X5 anytime.

Nevertheless, I maintain my stand that for a SUV, it has to be a diesel and either the X5 M50d or Macan S diesel will be my choice at this moment :a-good: .

Edited by Wolfverine

I was also choosing between the X5 and XC90, and eventually got the XC90 simply because the ride is more comfortable for my passengers. The X5 is fun to drive but wife thought the rear feels very 'floaty' especially at higher speeds. Anyway since the truck is mainly for my wife/infant, the choice is obvious.

Looking at SG Car Mart price of the base model for X5 xDrive35i ($343,800) vs XC90 Momentum ($330,000) and given only these 2 choices, I will take the X5 anytime.

Nevertheless, I maintain my stand that for a SUV, it has to be a diesel and either the X5 M50d or Macan S diesel will be my choice at this moment :a-good: .

• Praise 1

I was also choosing between the X5 and XC90, and eventually got the XC90 simply because the ride is more comfortable for my passengers. The X5 is fun to drive but wife thought the rear feels very 'floaty' especially at higher speeds. Anyway since the truck is mainly for my wife/infant, the choice is obvious.

Good choice! [thumbsup]

When will your car arrive

as what i predicted, xc90 now below 300k after discount.. will go lower cos cant selll

Went to see see recently .. the 3rd row seat now seem a bit more legroom. Overall not prettier though .. still prefer the old look.

new XC90 Selling point is engine, Turbo + Super Charged 2.0 produce 320bhp/400Nm [thumbsup]

if you concern about 3rd legroom or exterior looks, forget it, go MPV like Ody, Estima much better

• Praise 1

as what i predicted, xc90 now below 300k after discount.. will go lower cos cant selll

How much is it now? Reached 280?

Thought I saw one on the road but can't be sure. So fast hit the road already? Thought it was just launched.

New Q7 is also just launched? How do prices compare?

How much is it now? Reached 280?

Thought I saw one on the road but can't be sure. So fast hit the road already? Thought it was just launched.

New Q7 is also just launched? How do prices compare?

Q7 going for 330k around after discount so how can volvo going at same price...

i believe if you sincerely you can get at 280k.. they sure sell

XC90 needs the torque though, it's a very heavy car. I see as an SUV, with flexibility of 3rd row seats. The old XC90 was under power - at least to me. The new TC+SC 2.0 is a great idea.

it's quite worth leh,

300k buy 3 in one car,

1. Performance car with 2.0L TC+SC 320bhp/400Nm

2. SUV: with ADW and High undercarriage

3. MPV: 7 Seat and specious interior,

only drawback is wherever to go, have to carry all 3 cars together, :D

wake up la.....so many things are own by the Chinese.

1 fine day, Mercedes and BMW will also be partially own by the Chinese.

Inevitable as everything is golbalise.

BMW maybe harder as it is family owned.

And India is coming up fast buying up everything.

↡ Advertisement