Red light camera at X-junction of lentor ave & yishun ave 1

Swataction

Neutral Newbie

hi, any bro can advise whether the red light camera at X-junction between lentor ave and yishun ave 1 (lower seletar reservoir park) is active?? thanks.

i accidentally beat the red light as i did not notice the RED turn-right arrow as the traffic light to go straight is green.

May I know wats the penalty and fine??

↡ Advertisement

i tot red light camera targets vehicle going straight, normally not for ppl turning left or right arrow.

i think u sld be safe since going straight light is still green, just tat u turn right when the arrow is still red. imagine they also capture vehicles turning right, then those who go straight in green light will kenna shocked by the flash also.

Edited by Babyt

hi, any bro can advise whether the red light camera at X-junction between lentor ave and yishun ave 1 (lower seletar reservoir park) is active?? thanks.

i accidentally beat the red light as i did not notice the RED turn-right arrow as the traffic light to go straight is green.

May I know wats the penalty and fine??

pls be careful...you may cause others to lose their life !!!

pls be careful...you may cause others to lose their life !!!

think the TS has committed this error inadvertently.

These red lights for right turns are quite tricky.. i think the timing from amber to red is slightly shorter than normal traffic lights...

just take note going forward...

i also kena this incident along woodlands ave 2... whenever I am there again, I will be less aggressive on the amber light timing...

think the TS has committed this error inadvertently.

These red lights for right turns are quite tricky.. i think the timing from amber to red is slightly shorter than normal traffic lights...

just take note going forward...

i also kena this incident along woodlands ave 2... whenever I am there again, I will be less aggressive on the amber light timing...

Yup agree on Ave 2...once come out of SLE no need to rush in if you're taking the right turn at the junction..it's really very fast changing one...

It is real. I have seen it flash twice in the last 6 months.

Neutral Newbie

The woodlands Ave 2 timing very fast de. just need to observe the green man on the opposite side, if green man just go ahead, blinking green man, slowly cruise while checking your distance whether to brake or go. Red man, prepare to brake depending on distance!

Eh did they remove the RED LIGHT CAMERA at that junction towards Lentor Ave/ YCK? Passby there today but i dont see any red light camera anymore.. Any clue?

Edited by LimJiahaoZen

Hi,just thought i should leverage on this thread since it's already created. Sorry in advance if i'm not allowed to dig out old threads.

I was turning right from lower seletar reservoir to yishun ave 2). I turned right when I saw it's green light, but failed to look at the red turn right arrow.

1) Is there any red-light camera over there?
2) How does red-light camera looks like? I went back there and saw the small "CCTV" kind of camera which used previously used to catch those who does illegal u-turn. Now does that also take those who beat red-light?

Neutral Newbie

Seems like this is not such a rare mistake after all. I made the same mistake last Sunday. Waiting at the junction, when the light turned green, I saw no car coming in the opposite direction and made the turn from Yishun Ave 1 to Ave 2. Half way through I noticed the red turning light. But it was too late to stop so I moved on, thinking to myself "you idiot".

But today I went to the TP website and check the list of red light camera. That junction doesn't have one.

Lucky. Must be more careful next time.

Just install AXS app on your phone. Can check traffic offences (both SG and MY) by just keying in your license plate. Very useful.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1