M1 Fibre Broadband Discussion

LMFAO

OK, did a live chat with m1 cs, then a called from them to troubleshoot.. Technically, nothing special .. Surprisingly, yesterday afternoon during troubleshooting, could get speed like 69Mbps dl/300Mbps ul with direct lan..still way lower then expected speed but I'm getting speed in range of 1-20Mbps for quite sometime. Then I said I will monitor for a while since I'm in a rush to pick up son from school...

After I returned home, test again ... Damn.... Speed drop to below 5Mbps ... Knn. Test , switch on off router, no luck...was about to go online chat with M1 cs again, the cs called asking for status , when I said damn slow, she replied yeah, she notices my signal is not healthy hence call back and will make an appointment for their technician to drop by and check this Friday..

[thumbsup] to M1 cs, even after hung up, she still monitor my signal on the other end and call me back to follow-up after nearly 2 hrs... Thumbs up..

I like m1 too

↡ Advertisement

OK, did a live chat with m1 cs, then a called from them to troubleshoot.. Technically, nothing special .. Surprisingly, yesterday afternoon during troubleshooting, could get speed like 69Mbps dl/300Mbps ul with direct lan..still way lower then expected speed but I'm getting speed in range of 1-20Mbps for quite sometime. Then I said I will monitor for a while since I'm in a rush to pick up son from school...

After I returned home, test again ... Damn.... Speed drop to below 5Mbps ... Knn. Test , switch on off router, no luck...was about to go online chat with M1 cs again, the cs called asking for status , when I said damn slow, she replied yeah, she notices my signal is not healthy hence call back and will make an appointment for their technician to drop by and check this Friday..

[thumbsup] to M1 cs, even after hung up, she still monitor my signal on the other end and call me back to follow-up after nearly 2 hrs... Thumbs up..

Ha I've never even spoke once to SH fibre CS. 

I think that one is even better. haha no problems.

I look at this thread because my Singtel broadband contract has expired. I didn't get any letter from Singtel to advise my contract will be expiring or has expired. However, a gentleman did called to inform that he has this plan to offer and asks if I am interested to renew?

I asked him to please email me the detail since I cannot comprehend all he had said over the phone. Guess what? he told me he could not! SingTel is doing something illegal?

I tried to check out all 3 service providers. It seems that all 3 are more interested in mobile services than broad band. This is how competitive our market is for broad band.

• Praise 1

At least you get a call, I totally no hear.

I look at this thread because my Singtel broadband contract has expired. I didn't get any letter from Singtel to advise my contract will be expiring or has expired. However, a gentleman did called to inform that he has this plan to offer and asks if I am interested to renew?

I asked him to please email me the detail since I cannot comprehend all he had said over the phone. Guess what? he told me he could not! SingTel is doing something illegal?

I tried to check out all 3 service providers. It seems that all 3 are more interested in mobile services than broad band. This is how competitive our market is for broad band.

• Praise 2

Broadband unlikely telco can charge you for incremental usage, unlike mobile.

Have you canceled your expired contract? Please note potential bill shock for non contract monthly bill.

The gentleman that called probably a telemarketer promoting ST services, unlikely he has a ST domain email. Should you have taken up his deal, your acc. no. will be tagged to his commission payout; similar to door knock and atrium booth promoters.

IIRC M1 has the most pocket friendly deal at $29 for 200mbps fibre.

Worth considering if you do not demand high fps for mmorpg or massive mountain climbing.

After CNY sign up should be better now, majority back from holiday.

I don't work for M1, been with them since they launched fibre, positive experience.

• Praise 5

I'm still waiting for their next round of promotions this coming IT show in March. They better get cheaper or more speed/data or both. Kindly update here when there is.

• Praise 1

Broadband unlikely telco can charge you for incremental usage, unlike mobile.

Have you canceled your expired contract? Please note potential bill shock for non contract monthly bill.

The gentleman that called probably a telemarketer promoting ST services, unlikely he has a ST domain email. Should you have taken up his deal, your acc. no. will be tagged to his commission payout; similar to door knock and atrium booth promoters.

IIRC M1 has the most pocket friendly deal at $29 for 200mbps fibre.

Worth considering if you do not demand high fps for mmorpg or massive mountain climbing.

After CNY sign up should be better now, majority back from holiday.

I don't work for M1, been with them since they launched fibre, positive experience.

Oh, like that ah?

I just came back from Suntec where the latest IT fair is held.

I must say I came back more confused than ready to sign a new contact. Anyone been there and can share what is the best deal for a simple fibre 1 Gb that provides landline too?

Of course the broadband must provide all the connection and router for use. Otherwise please do add in the cost so that we have an apple to apple comparison.

Thank you

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

I must say I came back more confused than ready to sign a new contact. Anyone been there and can share what is the best deal for a simple fibre 1 Gb that provides landline too?

Of course the broadband must provide all the connection and router for use. Otherwise please do add in the cost so that we have an apple to apple comparison.

Thank you

The M1 fibre broadband offer for this IT show is the same price and speed as the previous show 3 months back. Not too enticing. But if your current plan is expiring, I suggest M1 for cheapest no frills. $39 for 1GB, $29 for 200mbps. Also add on $5 monthly for the basic router (better spec router have to pay $100plus first on top of the monthly $5). And also $48 registration fee if you're currently not M1 user. No installation fees as I assume it's part of the registration cost.

The M1 fibre broadband offer for this IT show is the same price and speed as the previous show 3 months back. Not too enticing. But if your current plan is expiring, I suggest M1 for cheapest no frills. $39 for 1GB, $29 for 200mbps. Also add on $5 monthly for the basic router (better spec router have to pay $100plus first on top of the monthly $5). And also $48 registration fee if you're currently not M1 user. No installation fees as I assume it's part of the registration cost.

I like M1 because it gives me these freebies:

1) 1gb add to one phoneline = $4 per month

2) 1gb sim card which I can put inside my pre-paid dual sim ahem phone = $4 per month

3) 35% off all my m1 mobile lines = $80 discount per month

4) $100 phone subsidy

all in all, I am like machiam getting a free broadband and more

(39-4-4-80) * 21 months -100

• Praise 2

Hypersonic

I like M1 because it gives me these freebies:

1) 1gb add to one phoneline = $4 per month

2) 1gb sim card which I can put inside my pre-paid dual sim ahem phone = $4 per month

3) 35% off all my m1 mobile lines = $80 discount per month

4) $100 phone subsidy

all in all, I am like machiam getting a free broadband and more

(39-4-4-80) * 21 months -100

Selling m1 shares now

• Praise 2

Thank you

All the prices are shown quite clearly what.... you waiting for spoonfeed ah.

Hi, maybe I am not so familiar with all the gadgets and freebies. This is how I look at the offers.

I am currently on SingTel broadband (expired) $46.64 200M Unlimited Service. I don't recall having to pay anything else extra and they came to replace the modem or router. So I do have wifi in the house. I also have land line.

If I now upgrade to SingTel 1Gbps scheme it states the following package

1) Free initial 6 mths

2) 4G mobile Board band (500 MB) - not useful but OK

3) Optical Local Network Terminal - I already on 200M fibre, do I need this?

4) Unlimited local calls - Same as existing

5) Weekday router installation - I suppose they still need to come and replace the existing router

6) Fibre Termination Point Installation - Do I need this?

7) 6 best local channels and some other channels. - did not mention how much I need to pay after the initial 12 months free period.

8) Complimentary 12 months HD set-top Box rental - I supposed this is for (7) so good for 12 mths only and is this wireless type? I don't really watch TV, so should I terminal after 12 months, do I have to bring it back to SingTel?

The above is $69.90/mths but I enjoy 6 mtths free. So if you take 18 mths x 69.90 / 24 mths = $52.43 per mth.

M1 says their 1 Gbps is $39/mth. However, this scheme comes with the following items

1) $100 off any handset

2) 1 Gb of data on your data line - I supposed I can use any of my M1 lines. I have 2 lines and one without data.

3) 300 Mbps mobile broadband (1 Gbps) - not very useful but OK.

3) Home fixed line - Yes I need this

4) Optical Network Terminal Activation - It mentioned 'activation'. I need to pay for the terminal? I already has fibre connection. Is this necessary?

5) top up of monthly $5 for wireless AC router.

Therefore, for M1, I need to pay $39 + $5 = $44 per mth to enjoy the above.

Alternative, to enjoy TV, I pay $49/mth but sale person cannot explain what this AC Ryan Veolo 4K UHD Media player can do and if there are any monthly subscription. All he can says is this convert your existing TV to a Android smart tv.

If I compare the M1 to SingTel, the difference is $52.43 - $49 = $3.43 per mth. Which work out to be $82.32 for 24 mths. I don't want to go through all the fuss if they are almost the same.

Did I miss anything are other hidden cost? I would like to seal this before the weekend and move on. Thank you for all the advice.

Do you need all those add ons or not? And why do you need 1 GBps if you are currently happily on 200mbps?

Just sign the cheapest no frills 200mbps one that comes with the home phone.

Btw, which provider is your family on for mobile phones? That could also be a factor.

Edited by Kusje
↡ Advertisement