Bukit Brown Saga ....

Maxus-MIFA9

I dunno every hse got or nt but my neighbour hse got 1 female one......that hse every 1-2 yr change one owner.....shortest stay was like 8mths only after they renovated it for 2mths........not suitable for families with young kids...at night 3-4 am sure wake up crying....

↡ Advertisement

Actually how many people really care about Bkt Brown cemetery?

Most concern groups are nature lovers that are worry about the animals and plants.

More people are interested in this matter simply because its gov vs concern groups.

People want to see how gov react.

Unless gov give way 100%, poeple will say gov dun listen to people.

After the last election, many voice came up want gov dun do this, do that.

If no listen, gov lousy, never listen.

If listen, power to the people.

Next time LCK want to develop how?

Will people KPKB?

Turbocharged

Actually how many people really care about Bkt Brown cemetery?

Most concern groups are nature lovers that are worry about the animals and plants.

More people are interested in this matter simply because its gov vs concern groups.

People want to see how gov react.

Unless gov give way 100%, poeple will say gov dun listen to people.

After the last election, many voice came up want gov dun do this, do that.

If no listen, gov lousy, never listen.

If listen, power to the people.

Next time LCK want to develop how?

Will people KPKB?

just because you dun care doesn't mean others won't

have you ever been to that place, listen to the guides and do studies on the Chinese pioneers that once contributed to this society?

many did, and so did i

Edited by Scion

$10 big $10 small?

buying the number not a problem ...

the problem is what if the number really open ...

must go there and pray ?!!! [:p]

LKY ancestor grave also there, I read in some thread previously. Let's see if the bridge will have seemingly inexplicable bends...

errr.... not there ... [lipsrsealed]

In a quite corner somewhere off Old Holland Road .. :ph34r:

Well, the decision has been made, some graves will be saved.

It is a very eye opener, eventhough I pay my respect at another cemetary during 清明节

Here are a few dedicated sites for BB's incredible rich history and well-known historical figures resting there.

http://bukitbrown.org/

API.BBC.Map.jpg

Source:http://api.sg/main/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=150&Itemid=113

Tan Tock Seng's family

xianfeng021.jpg

http://bukitbrown.org/the-discovery-of-tan...-an-uprigh#more

My fear is this year's Qing Ming maybe the last for some grave before the bull-dozers arrive...

Edited by Wishcumstrue

Supercharged

Evening = the TOTALLY c--k traffic light junction for Sime Road, upper Thomson stretch between Marymount Lane and Sin Ming Ave ...

Ya. Should make Longhouse close the carpark. Customers can always park in the open carpark just before the temple.

Yayaya....i can remember also. ^_^

Damn big cementary in bishan.

Further down the road towards the direction of serangoon, got vegetable farms with small ponds in it.

Bishan HDB prices are setting records.... and the place was a big cememtry even as late as in the early 80s iirc... :D

I dunno every hse got or nt but my neighbour hse got 1 female one......that hse every 1-2 yr change one owner.....shortest stay was like 8mths only after they renovated it for 2mths........not suitable for families with young kids...at night 3-4 am sure wake up crying....

better check for some century old coffin lay hidden underneath,last i heard many many years back one of the houses near lornie/upp thomson going thru reno,the workers dug and found a unmarked hidden coffin underneath the house.

it is true. Every house has a 'guardian'. Most harmless and they go unnoticed. but they are there....

LOL... Only the brave dared piak piak there after dark.... :o

On the contrary....it is a v peaceful place to meditate and garner the energy surrounding you. Take a nice stroll and you come out refreshed

my house got guardian? i know got guardian pharmacy downstair

your house hantu tetek....u hv to find properri [laugh][laugh][laugh]

From ST Forum:

http://www.straitstimes.com/STForum/Story/...ory_780236.html

Bukit Brown bridge

'Taxpayers' funds could be used for more critical needs, like helping welfare homes that must make way for the expressway.'

MR DANIEL CHIA: 'I was sad to read that the Land Transport Authority wants to build a bridge across Bukit Brown to save some graves and wildlife, in a bid to assuage the small but vocal group of conservationists ('Green path for new Bukit Brown road'; Tuesday). Taxpayers' funds could be better used for more critical needs, like helping welfare homes that must make way for the upcoming North-South Expressway. The women and children of Marymount Centre must relocate to Toa Payoh Lorong 8 next year. The Orange Valley Nursing Home, Missionaries of Charity Gift of Love Home and Rose Villa will also have to move ('Marymount welfare home to shift to Toa Payoh'; Feb 10). The people in these welfare homes are more important than the graves of Bukit Brown.'

↡ Advertisement