How effective is calling 1800-2721409

Alf08

Neutral Newbie

Hi, like to check if anyone tried calling the number to report parking offences in HDB area?

In my area, there is a truck who had parked overnight, illegally in the loading bay for the last 2 weeks, despite I called several times to the hdb carpark enforcement office to complain about that, the truck is still there...no summon issue...?

I have no issue with these people parking illegally cos sometimes I did that too...but doing it everyday and I supposed they dont buy the season parking becos a truck can never enter a multi storey car park, so I think it is not fair to those who bought the season parking.

The last call I made to them, the officer asked me if I like to have the enforcer to come down....! WTf, I tot they supposed to attend to such complain...!

So guys, look like I have being a kapo and getting nowhere.... [laugh]

Any alternative beside call the HDB...legally.... :D

↡ Advertisement

Take a photo and write in to the HDB branch office.

That is what I did for a car always park at my place mscp washing bay almost every day. It get a summon the next day.

Supercharged

Call the Police and tell them there is a "suspicious" vehicle parked there for 2 weeks...and they should go check it out... [laugh] . Sure effective one!

Another way is to call the Mediacorp or any newspaper hotline to report it.

Hi, like to check if anyone tried calling the number to report parking offences in HDB area?

In my area, there is a truck who had parked overnight, illegally in the loading bay for the last 2 weeks, despite I called several times to the hdb carpark enforcement office to complain about that, the truck is still there...no summon issue...?

I have no issue with these people parking illegally cos sometimes I did that too...but doing it everyday and I supposed they dont buy the season parking becos a truck can never enter a multi storey car park, so I think it is not fair to those who bought the season parking.

The last call I made to them, the officer asked me if I like to have the enforcer to come down....! WTf, I tot they supposed to attend to such complain...!

By right hdb wardens are supposed to arrive within 30min after a complaint is received. If you dont see any wardens within 30min, should call hdb and complain, and get hdb to investigate. Could be lazy wardens not doing the job, and unethically putting in their report that they have gone down even though they did nothing at all

Effective????

Use HP to call must remove 1800 & replace with 6.

Discourages people to report against law violators.

Secondlly, y they can't accept pictures from the public n only law enforcer can fine?

Effective????

Secondlly, y they can't accept pictures from the public n only law enforcer can fine?

There is a programme called Photoshop. [laugh] [laugh]

So imagine person X take a photo of car parked illegally and he want sabo another car owner, and just nice the car model and color is exactly the same. All he need to do is to go home use photoshop to edit car plate no and everything looks so real. [rolleyes] [rolleyes]

Edited by Yewheng

I find that hotline much more effective den emailing LTA. Two different issues.

From my experience, they will reach within 30-45mins and take the necessary action against those vehicles parked illegally.

Whereas for LTA, they will give you a standard template reply and no action taken after months.

Effective????

Bro no need remove the 1800.

Dont think this number is effective. I have called before and the enforcement warden took 1 hour plus to come, and the illegally car long ago went off liao! Once called and think the enforcement warden didnt come down or came down and didnt summon the car. <_<

Neutral Newbie

I am start to think whether the driver has special privilege to park there since a number of calls to the HDB carpark enforcement and no action taken, maybe I should call the police should I see the vehicle there again tomorrow.

Follow by some love letters to the town council and my area MPs.

Supercharged

Follow by some love letters to the town council and my area MPs.

Your MP must be a lady, I guess! [laugh]

So wat kind of mentality is this, you feel some form of accomplishment if the truck driver kanna summon. If they really step up enforcement and u happen to just park there for a while to get something from your house, good luck to you.

So wat kind of mentality is this, you feel some form of accomplishment if the truck driver kanna summon. If they really step up enforcement and u happen to just park there for a while to get something from your house, good luck to you.

why the truck can park there for days even if those lots are not meant for heavy vehicle ??

why the truck can park there for days even if those lots are not meant for heavy vehicle ??

most annoying are those heavy vehicles that like to repeatedly park along the narrow roads, inconveniencing everyone but themselves. Somemore, park just before a carpark turn in. Stop for passengers to alight i understand. Keep parking there every night persistently, why should i close one eye when my neighbours and i are inconvenienced? i just call TP.

Edited by Happily1986

have called before. taxi parked at washing bay for 3 hours at my uncle's place when we all wanted to wash our cars. we gave the uncle benefit of doubt - maybe go toilet, lunch or whatever but 3 hours is just too long.

they took about 30mins-1hr to come and really gave a summon. i guess it's because it's a sunday anyway.

is there a problem? just let it be. give and take. that is what life is all about [laugh]

↡ Advertisement