First Hand or Second hand car?

Xtremee

drop or shoot up, I don't care but don't disturb 2nd hand market la.

buy new things, they kpkb.

now buy 2nd hand, they push us to the cliff of death.

smlj. they are not giving us a choice to live.

True, still dont understand how come 2nd hand car price follow current COE?! Dont think it is logical having to pay so much for the 2nd hand car when the original price and the paper value of the car is so low?!

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

Advantage of new car is almost problem free. Used car u have to deal with repairs / unforeseen (don't know what happen previously) ... U have to see how deep is your pocket ..

True, still dont understand how come 2nd hand car price follow current COE?! Dont think it is logical having to pay so much for the 2nd hand car when the original price and the paper value of the car is so low?!

looking back those 08 fit FL model.

can laugh at those brainless dealers to sell at above 50k. coming to 4 yrs old cars still selling at the selling price during 08 time. the mileage easily above 50k km already.

understand the Coe is a rare item at this point in time but not the car.

car price is always there. not much changes also.

somemore the major servicing also due anytime when take over. imagine after paying for it, you still have to pay for tires, brakes, major servicing etc; belts, chains, whatever wear and tear parts.

fat hope to expect dealers to cover it.

Neutral Newbie

Actually if second hand cars follow current COE prices wont it still be similarly expensive?

cause COE in current times makes up for the bulk of the car's price

Neutral Newbie

I am also thinking hard whether I should change or not. Hope that I am not hijacking this threat.

I am driving a close to 5-year, Cat A car. It is still serving me and my family well, except some noise behind the dashboard and intermittent air con issues.

My mileage is not high - around 60,000 km over 4 years.

I was considering the drop in resales value of my current car (specially after 5 years) and COE price. From what I read, it seemed that COE price will remain high in short term. So should I change now, to just monitor and wait...

Public transport or by foot is not my option for now, because I need to drive my family around + work.

Recently, the COE increase cause more ppl to go towards purchasing second hand cars.

Personally was thinking of changing cars soon, as current car is really old already.

Is it advisable to buy second hand car?

My previous cars are all first hand.

Buy new. Push up COE [laugh]

Well, if you can afford new and prefer peace of mind - go for it.

However, if you are not that willing to spend too much (due to high COE) and willing to take risks - you can consider pre-owned cars. Since all your previous rides were brand new, you should talk to more people and do your own "homework" (research) before attempting a dive in a deep pool of "shark" car dealers.

Hope you find the car of your dreams! [;)]

I am also thinking hard whether I should change or not. Hope that I am not hijacking this threat.

I am driving a close to 5-year, Cat A car. It is still serving me and my family well, except some noise behind the dashboard and intermittent air con issues.

My mileage is not high - around 60,000 km over 4 years.

I was considering the drop in resales value of my current car (specially after 5 years) and COE price. From what I read, it seemed that COE price will remain high in short term. So should I change now, to just monitor and wait...

Public transport or by foot is not my option for now, because I need to drive my family around + work.

Buy now before COE goes even higher.

:D

How new is new you are looking for? [:/] Even you can find elantra in the 2nd hand market, althought this car only launched about 6 months ago!

Sometimes I wonder why the owner sells a car which is only a few months old -- lemon or accident? :blink:

great.... 3 of us can cut down carbon footprints...

Now we need karter to buy his elantra... [;)]

If they sell motorized trishaws I don't mine trying it :D

If karter drives elantra, I will drive QQ [:p]

Are you sure you will drive QQ??

FYI, most of the time I drive a car cheaper than than Elentra, and even QQ ....... Quick, change your Alfa to QQ!!!... Hahaha... :D :D

Are you sure you will drive QQ??

FYI, most of the time I drive a car cheaper than than Elentra, and even QQ ....... Quick, change your Alfa to QQ!!!... Hahaha... :D :D

can I take back my words? [sweatdrop] ...

I go drive Kei cars like Mitsubishi Pajero Mini?

Cheap drive...

Sometimes I wonder why the owner sells a car which is only a few months old -- lemon or accident? :blink:

Could be the car is a lemon, also could be got accident but also could be the owner wants to use the car to gain profits, since the car price so high now.

looking back those 08 fit FL model.

can laugh at those brainless dealers to sell at above 50k. coming to 4 yrs old cars still selling at the selling price during 08 time. the mileage easily above 50k km already.

understand the Coe is a rare item at this point in time but not the car.

car price is always there. not much changes also.

somemore the major servicing also due anytime when take over. imagine after paying for it, you still have to pay for tires, brakes, major servicing etc; belts, chains, whatever wear and tear parts.

fat hope to expect dealers to cover it.

Not only those 08/09 fit, many cars also selling quite high, like the altis. All these car all priced above 60K, even though all coming to 3-4 years old.

Really 20K lost? Then how come those who bought their cars in 2009, maybe the car was bought at 55K, but now can sell 65K for a 3 year old car?

Unless you can do your own direct deal, as a car owner, you can't sell your 3 year old car at 65k, only the dealers can.

At best, the dealer will buy from you at 40 or 45k, but they will list the price at 65k.

Easy money!

Unless you can do your own direct deal, as a car owner, you can't sell your 3 year old car at 65k, only the dealers can.

At best, the dealer will buy from you at 40 or 45k, but they will list the price at 65k.

Easy money!

I saw many cars which is direct owners, also selling the car about the same price as those dealers. Nowadays for all 3-4 years old car, all priced at least 60K or more. Only those 5 year or more car then can find below 60K.

↡ Advertisement