Can anyone identify the real one?

Aaronlkl

post-25667-1332943383_thumb.jpgpost-25667-1332943357_thumb.jpg

There are lotsa fake spark plugs out there. My friend bought a set on Denso Iridium power IK22 each from 2 different dealers. To his surprise, the packaging and spark plugs itself are different. Can anyone identify the real one?

Edited by Aaronlkl
↡ Advertisement

i was ever told the dangling ring is one way to tell authenticity. shd not b too loose.

not jus sparkies, i was told bendix also got fakes lying ard. buy only fr creditable sources.

first pic, left one is real.

2nd pic, the right one is real. [;)]

Hey, ths for your reply. But how do u tell? Anyway, I've email these pic to Denso for verification already.

Hey, ths for your reply. But how do u tell? Anyway, I've email these pic to Denso for verification already.

am i right?

i look at the quality of the print... [laugh]

first pic, left one is real.

2nd pic, the right one is real. [;)]

bro.. first pic which one is the left one?? you mean the bottom one??

i see the bottom one looks more real lei.. [:/]

first pic btm is real. IK22 is bronze color head. For the 2nd pic, I remember there are a line of the small print on top of the "IRIDIUM POWER", like the one of the right box. Not too sure if got other packaging that is without the small print. (sometime could be due to different packaging for different country)

Edited by Zenithpool

with so many "replicas" lying around, does the workshop knows that it is a fake? when they purchase from their sources?

The problem now is both shop claim that their product is genuine. Some shops out there sell fake products as genunie.

Supercharged

Bought my first set of ND Iridium spark plugs in 2006, engine started to misfire a few hundreds km after the spark plug installation.

The plugs were fouled and the centre electrode melts to a mushroom shape.

Suspect bought fake plugs. Since then I only use spark plugs bought from AD, so far so good and cheaper too.

1.jpg

Besides spark plugs, there are fake coolant, filters, engine oil, battery etc out there...

My FC went down like crazy after spark plug change at one of my Radio Tiam. I better check mine too. Scary.

FC went down is good...... [:p] keep it [laugh]

↡ Advertisement