Can anyone identify the real one?

Aaronlkl

Bought my first set of ND Iridium spark plugs in 2006, engine started to misfire a few hundreds km after the spark plug installation.

The plugs were fouled and the centre electrode melts to a mushroom shape.

Suspect bought fake plugs. Since then I only use spark plugs bought from AD, so far so good and cheaper too.

Besides spark plugs, there are fake coolant, filters, engine oil, battery etc out there...

Which AD did u buy from? I'll buy from them in future.

↡ Advertisement

Supercharged

Which AD did u buy from? I'll buy from them in future.

AD as in my car's authorised dealer.

I even went to ND distributor at Kallang Way, met their sales guy, expressed my concerns and wanted to buy direct from them.

They refused to sell direct and gave me a list of shops that carry their products.

Edited by Phang

There are lotsa fake spark plugs out there. My friend bought a set on Denso Iridium power IK22 each from 2 different dealers. To his surprise, the packaging and spark plugs itself are different. Can anyone identify the real one?

Just got reply from Denso Singapore. the one with silver terminal is fake.

U are right bro. How u know?

I've all along using Denso, one lao jiao trackie taught me. But now I'm on ngk iridium, testing out the first set, I feel Denso better.

I've all along using Denso, one lao jiao trackie taught me. But now I'm on ngk iridium, testing out the first set, I feel Denso better.

Oh ok. can teach me how to indentify?

(edited)

Just got reply from Denso Singapore. the one with silver terminal is fake.

72625_487646116848_743126848_5862343_6181809_n.jpg

I'm not sure the 1st plug are fake? cos the 2nd pic plug has very bad surface finishing(bad etching), describe here in Denso Global website. anyway, i resent your photos to Denso Japan, see what's their reply on this.

http://www.globaldenso.com/en/products/aft...2005/09_2a.html

Edited by Trex101

Report the dealer for selling fake

maybe got rewards.

I remember lady carried fake LV

bag into LV store kenna 10k fine.

:D

Is fake as in really fake? Like made with different material and quality and performance, but sell as its as good.

Or could it be for different market, and not supposed to be sold in Sin/Malsia?

Sometimes PI stuff can be frowned upon by the authorized dealer in the region and 'call' such PI items as 'fake'.

Just like how non SDPC ciggies also called faked or illegal.

I'm not sure the 1st plug are fake? cos the 2nd pic plug has very bad surface finishing(bad etching), describe here in Denso Global website. anyway, i resent your photos to Denso Japan, see what's their reply on this.

http://www.globaldenso.com/en/products/aft...2005/09_2a.html

if gold or copper tip is real, then they could have easily fake it too

anyway, not easy to tell, both could be real just that it is manufacture in different country

Oh ok. can teach me how to indentify?

The treads are more define, the collapsible washers are more fuller and fits tighter on the plugs and next to the washers theres "Denso and Japan" engraved onto it, lastly the ceramic electrode not so dull as the fake. The so called fake does works but lifespan much more shorter.

Packagings- the geniune ones, the red glow is softer not so hard and grainy as the "fake" can differential that it is trying very hard to get close to the geniune packaging. They cost around $60s if im not wrong, the geniune ones about $80s range.

Have Denso Japan replied to u?

yes, they say that the 2nd picture are the real Denso plugs.

say IK22 and above have copper colour therminal while IK20 and below are silver in colour.

↡ Advertisement