Cartier wedding band

Transpasser162

and how much will it cost for such beauty?

is it white gold or platinum?

5 years ago my white gold model above (alternate solitaire diamonds) was low to mid $4xxx or something, the one with all solitaire diamonds (my wife's) cost slightly more at high $4xxx. These prices are not considered extravagant if one is an owner of Panerai and Rolex watches like yourself and Throttle2. After all we only get married once (hopefully).

The ones from Bvlgari cost more but also look way over-the-top, i cannot wear lah...

↡ Advertisement

I think its white gold 18k..should be ain't cheap.

I'd rather custom make a solid 24k ring..at least got resale value closer to spot rate.

24k too soft for jewellery right?

and wedding ring leh.. need resale value for what? [laugh]

Marriage is a start of debt for many.

I pity those guy who are forced to buy expensive wedding rings by GF, if not no face.

Just last month my cousin was trying to borrow money from me to get just A wedding ring for his GF. Not a pair leh, just one ring already cost him $8000++ from Charlotte something.

This he said was the cheapest range, his GF actually wanted a $16,000 ring. Because many of her friends all wearing Charlotte rings from their hubby. So this GF also want a Charlotte ring.

To borrow money to buy ring.....I told my cousin then the year end dinner also need to borrow money?

I warned him that nowadays wedding dinner all 'lost' money as the AngPows cannot recover the dinner costs.

He said no choice, he already booked Hilton hotel already.

Sometimes I think young people ate spending too much to marry and show off.

But deep down, financially tight.

How to be happy after marriage, when the real money issues surfaced!!!???

5 years ago my white gold model above (alternate solitaire diamonds) was low to mid $4xxx or something, the one with all solitaire diamonds (my wife's) cost slightly more at high $4xxx. These prices are not considered extravagant if one is an owner of Panerai and Rolex watches like yourself and Throttle2. After all we only get married once (hopefully).

The ones from Bvlgari cost more but also look way over-the-top, i cannot wear lah...

i see.

wedding ring, i don't mind paying more if i can afford it.

i was only earning less than 2k when i married 6 years ago. couldn't have afforded such luxury... was still wearing swatch on my wedding day [laugh]

I pity those guy who are forced to buy expensive wedding rings by GF, if not no face.

Just last month my cousin was trying to borrow money from me to get just A wedding ring for his GF. Not a pair leh, just one ring already cost him $8000++ from Charlotte something.

This he said was the cheapest range, his GF actually wanted a $16,000 ring. Because many of her friends all wearing Charlotte rings from their hubby. So this GF also want a Charlotte ring.

To borrow money to buy ring.....I told my cousin then the year end dinner also need to borrow money?

I warned him that nowadays wedding dinner all 'lost' money as the AngPows cannot recover the dinner costs.

pity your cousin..

anyway hilton is not ex.

Have you been married before?

Wedding bands come in a pair (although you can buy one only if you are lonely and single and want to show that you love yourself). These are the rings you put on each other when you exchange vows.

Engagement ring is the one you buy for your girlfriend when you propose to her. That one is the big rock one.

Not sure which ring you are talking about.

The Charlotte something is called Charlotte Atelier, a jeweler that brings in the Gabrielle diamond. Just like Larry brings in the Lazare diamond. Gabrielle and Lazare are branded diamonds, world-renowned for the highest quality cutting (ideal-cut).

Your cousin's $8000 diamond may be from Charlotte Atelier but is likely not a Gabrielle. They are not that cheap. Just like Larry has the cheap range and the Lazare range.

And btw, your cousin's friends $16,000 Gabrielle diamond ring is likely to be only around half a carat and not good colour nor clarity.

I thought school holidays are over. Little boys should study hard and aspire to make lots of money to buy their girlfriends a Gabrielle or a Lazare (or Bvlgari, Cartier, Tiffany diamonds) when they grow up.

Edited by Viceroymenthol
  • Praise 1

Such cynicism.. Tsktsk.

Just putting it into perspective. What is the divorce rate today? 1 out of 10? 2? People just don't make plans for eventualities anymore. What are you chances of getting the a flat tyre? Much much lower and yet people bitch about not having a spare. Perspective my man, perspective.

I wonder such luxury ring is woman want or the guy want? If wife die die want the branded ring, the husband also lppl rite?

If they are happily married, both will claim they wanted to get it for the other person out of love.

At the divorce proceedings, it is used as evidenced of financial recklessness of the other party.

Welcome to the roti prata party. [laugh] [laugh]

Yes it's just one diamond ring.

Last time I marry I buy from soo kee.

Just $2000 for a pair.

But my cousin want to buy $8000 just for one ring.

Really different perceptions nowadays people want for wedding rings.

Anyway, so Charlotte is the new Cartier nowadays??

Must go to this shop to see and learn more!

I wonder such luxury ring is woman want or the guy want? If wife die die want the branded ring, the husband also lppl rite?

it is like car, condos and watches lah. cannot afford, don't buy loh. many people cannot afford still want to buy, then die loh.... i thought MCF got many threads on this kind of topic already?

Yes it's just one diamond ring.

Last time I marry I buy from soo kee.

Just $2000 for a pair.

But my cousin want to buy $8000 just for one ring.

Really different perceptions nowadays people want for wedding rings.

Anyway, so Charlotte is the new Cartier nowadays??

Must go to this shop to see and learn more!

Charlotte is just a shop that sells diamonds and jewellery. Their specialty is they are authorised dealers for the Gabrielle diamond. So if you are not buying a ring with a Gabrielle diamond in it, and you just buy a regular range diamond that Charlotte contracted some regional diamond cutter and supplier to cut for them, then you go Charlotte for what? You go Morton's and order chicken and potatoes, never order the steak, then you go Morton's for what?

If getting a regular OEM diamond from Charlotte, I might as well go to Canary at Delfi orchard. At least they have ideal cut GIA certified at good prices and professional service without the advertising overheads of Charlotte Atelier. Also, an ex-actress/model works there....

mine were self designed custom made.

cheaper than branded rings for sure.

but hardly wear anyway.

Turbocharged

It doesn't make the marriage better. Save the money for the honeymoon, new house or divorce proceedings. -_-

post-4638-1333192253.gif

Having said that, I prefer Bvlgari as a brand in general though it has nothing to do with wedding.

Turbocharged

Have you been married before?

Wedding bands come in a pair (although you can buy one only if you are lonely and single and want to show that you love yourself). These are the rings you put on each other when you exchange vows.

Engagement ring is the one you buy for your girlfriend when you propose to her. That one is the big rock one.

Not sure which ring you are talking about.

The Charlotte something is called Charlotte Atelier, a jeweler that brings in the Gabrielle diamond. Just like Larry brings in the Lazare diamond. Gabrielle and Lazare are branded diamonds, world-renowned for the highest quality cutting (ideal-cut).

Your cousin's $8000 diamond may be from Charlotte Atelier but is likely not a Gabrielle. They are not that cheap. Just like Larry has the cheap range and the Lazare range.

And btw, your cousin's friends $16,000 Gabrielle diamond ring is likely to be only around half a carat and not good colour nor clarity.

I thought school holidays are over. Little boys should study hard and aspire to make lots of money to buy their girlfriends a Gabrielle or a Lazare (or Bvlgari, Cartier, Tiffany diamonds) when they grow up.

Don't show off lah. You very KNN one leh. People talking about affordability and you flipped the topic to showing your knowledge about Charlotte post-4638-1333192519.gif

you do talk sense occasionally :D

↡ Advertisement