Cartier wedding band

Transpasser162

Pardon me but what is the point of coming into MCF to show their "altruism" and to bang on all day long about financial responsibility till the cows come home? To satisfy some kind of "do-gooder" ego within? To act out their financial guru fantasy? Training to be some sort of a public speaker?

Got money, buy. No money, don't buy. Buy already and find that you got no money, go and die. Actually everything is as simple as that.

Human psychology is complicated. I can't speak on behalf on why certain people do the things they do.

Being altruistic doesn't mean its good and neither being selfish means its bad. Its a matter of perception only.

I only wanted to highlight the difference, not pointing fingers at who's good and who's bad :)

↡ Advertisement

Got money, buy. No money, don't buy. Buy already and find that you got no money, go and die. Actually everything is as simple as that.

muayhahahaah, I like

Hi guys,

The title of this thread is not exactly the subject which I wanted to seek opinions but since it is still touches on engagement rings, sorry to revive this thread...

I need some recommendations on what brands of jeweller I can explore, besides Cartier, Tiffany and Charlotte Atelier.

No Bulgari. Because my wife-to-be doesn't like the brand.

Any nice brands to recommend? A wedding band is for life, I cannot wear goldheart (or the likes) Lee Hwa (or the likes), etc.

Budget must be between 6K to 8K.

I don't want to spend more than 8K for both rings, as the recent matrimonial home has caused me a bomb, and I have to set aside money for the wedding, the engagement ring, the reno and of course the next car when it comes in due course. Future planning at it most kiasu state I know....

Thanks in advance guys.

PS: I'll be at meetings, so response may not be fast. But keep the recommendations coming in. Kinda lost with the new template seriously....

custom make... why overpay for cookiecutter designs? think of a design that has some special meaning to you two, find a good jewelrer/designer (i personally used confetti by mui at delphi), give them your requirements and let the designer come up with something.

custom make... why overpay for cookiecutter designs? think of a design that has some special meaning to you two, find a good jewelrer/designer (i personally used confetti by mui at delphi), give them your requirements and let the designer come up with something.

Thanks for the response. I did think of custom making a design. How are the charges like? Similar to jewellers like Cartier and Tiffany?

Any good jewellers to recommend besides the one you highlighted?

Kinda like Piaget's Possession Ring. But the design I fell for (with 7 diamonds - bout 0.12 ct) is off mu budget.

Thks bro.

A wedding band is for life, I cannot wear goldheart (or the likes) Lee Hwa (or the likes), etc.

wedding band is for life? i never wore mine since 1 month after the wedding and lose it but my partner is still with me for coming to 20 years :D

Edited by Jman888

wedding band is for life? i never wore mine since 1 month after the wedding and lose it but my partner is still with me for coming to 20 years :D

Haha ya la , of course when we buy a wedding band, we exclude the possibility of losing it ma... I wanna wear something I like (design wise) cuz to me, a wedding is scared and long-lasting.

Which is why I never considered marriage till now, as all my previous ones don't give me the sense of marital longevity

Thanks for the response. I did think of custom making a design. How are the charges like? Similar to jewellers like Cartier and Tiffany?

Any good jewellers to recommend besides the one you highlighted?

Kinda like Piaget's Possession Ring. But the design I fell for (with 7 diamonds - bout 0.12 ct) is off mu budget.

Thks bro.

significantly cheaper especially for the small independant designers, cost is very much dependent on the prevailing value of materials/stones which you opt for. i don't have the contacts of other designers now - it's been some time since i bought my rings and got married... but i remember i went to house of hung at Far East Shopping Centre and Mui, opted for the latter because I felt Leon/Mui's concepts/designs were more original.

Hi guys,

The title of this thread is not exactly the subject which I wanted to seek opinions but since it is still touches on engagement rings, sorry to revive this thread...

I need some recommendations on what brands of jeweller I can explore, besides Cartier, Tiffany and Charlotte Atelier.

No Bulgari. Because my wife-to-be doesn't like the brand.

Any nice brands to recommend? A wedding band is for life, I cannot wear goldheart (or the likes) Lee Hwa (or the likes), etc.

Budget must be between 6K to 8K.

I don't want to spend more than 8K for both rings, as the recent matrimonial home has caused me a bomb, and I have to set aside money for the wedding, the engagement ring, the reno and of course the next car when it comes in due course. Future planning at it most kiasu state I know....

Thanks in advance guys.

PS: I'll be at meetings, so response may not be fast. But keep the recommendations coming in. Kinda lost with the new template seriously....

The Bear's post is true and wise but get a nice one if you must. Van Cleef & Arpels Toujours Etoile or New York are nice.

Edited by Porker

The Bear's post is true and wise but get a nice one if you must. Van Cleef & Arpels Toujours Etoile or New York are nice.

Thanks for your input :)

We combed MBS, Paragon, Taka and ION. Looked at several brands and the finalists were Chaumet and Piaget.

Van Cleef & Arpels's wedding bands are very simple, I dun really like it.

Didn't drop byToujours Etoile (is there a boutique in Singapore??)

Most likely, will be going for Piaget Possession Eccentric. :)

This piece is going for $3,500 plus. I misunderstood, had this impression that one ring cost 7K.

7K is for a pair, so still within budget.

Thanks to all for the imputs.

cheers

post-20181-0-03281400-1381744782.jpg

Edited by Icebrush79

Thanks for your input :)

We combed MBS, Paragon, Taka and ION. Looked at several brands and the finalists were Chaumet and Piaget.

Van Cleef & Arpels's wedding bands are very simple, I dun really like it.

Didn't drop byToujours Etoile (is there a boutique in Singapore??)

Most likely, will be going for Piaget Possession Eccentric. :)

This piece is going for $3,500 plus. I misunderstood, had this impression that one ring cost 7K.

7K is for a pair, so still within budget.

Thanks to all for the imputs.

cheers

Toujours Etoile is a wedding band from Van Cleef

• Dislike 1

Icebrush, i would recommend something more unique rather than something straight from the shops which someone else can buy and wear.

Imagine getting onto a plane, walking into a restaurant, attending a meeting, and seeing the next person beside you wear the exact same ring you thought was exclusive to represent your wedding?

Consider custome made rings of your very own design. No other in this world. A pair and only.

• Praise 1