Alfa 159 Part III. (any alfa discussion welcomed too)

RadX

met a white GT last sunday morning, from PIE to CTE.

Hi, if you are here.

Always good to see a fellow alfisti on the road.

Hi, if you are here.

White GT should be Saabretooth [:)]

Lemme add the first pic to the thread.. a random pic from Alfaowner:

post-52900-1333425257_thumb.jpg

Hi, if you are here.

Hey there! I was on my way to a tennis game.

Cheers.

your car so quiet, but move so fast......

Neutral Newbie

Dear masters.

Since i will be collecting the pre loved 159 ( registered early 2008, maufacturing year 2007) shortly. wanna few doubts to be clarified

1. I notice during test drive that i can switch from manual to auto anytime, but i can only switch from manual to auto when the car is not moving... is that right?

2. i plan to use manual unless there is the jam..wanna get some comments whether there are people doing this?

3. can i top up 95 petrol? or it shall be 98? i assume whether go to esso, caltex, or shell doesn't really matter.

4. tire pressure front and back? don;t fetch people except lunch time with colleagues.

5. understand the service interval is 15k...do i need to do an engine oil change in between?

Dear masters.

Since i will be collecting the pre loved 159 ( registered early 2008, maufacturing year 2007) shortly. wanna few doubts to be clarified

1. I notice during test drive that i can switch from manual to auto anytime, but i can only switch from manual to auto when the car is not moving... is that right?

2. i plan to use manual unless there is the jam..wanna get some comments whether there are people doing this?

3. can i top up 95 petrol? or it shall be 98? i assume whether go to esso, caltex, or shell doesn't really matter.

4. tire pressure front and back? don;t fetch people except lunch time with colleagues.

5. understand the service interval is 15k...do i need to do an engine oil change in between?

156 owner but I can help you with

#2 - use manual during jam. if that selespeed is "half-clutching" too much, it will "hang"... Car wouldnt move until it "cool" down...

#3 - 95 will do but some 159 prefers 98 - fussy bellas -_- ...

#4 - Open the driver side door, you can see the recommended pressure for different rims

#5 - Normally we service @ 10K.

Tip: Always need to rev her otherwise she throw tantrum.

(edited)

Hey there! I was on my way to a tennis game.

Cheers.

your car so quiet, but move so fast......

hee. Not fast bro.

Sprint booster amplified my right foot pressure on the accelerator... otherwise, I'm a gentle driver :P

Edited by Hibeam2

Hey Guys, newbie here.

Might be taking the step of owning an Itallian Bella.... AR Brera Spider 2.2

Any Bros here have the experience or knowledge to share for this mentioned ride?

I tried to google it but found very limited informations. If you Bros doesnt mind, can spare sometime to help me out?

1) Any sticky faults to take note on Brera 2.2? i.e. GB, retracable top etc?

2) Any local company that can do EMU mapping / reflash or Sprint Booster for this ride?

3) Any local company that carries lowering springs / coilovers or bodykits for this ride?

Think that's all for now. Any input greatly appreciated.

Dear masters.

padawan here

1) you can switch from manual to auto and vice versa anytime. stationary or driving, doesn't matter

2) i use manual all the time, even in a jam.

3) yes, 95 is sufficient. no diff when pumping 98

4) mine's 18" and i pump 270kpa front and 250kpa rear

5) yes, 15k. some do oil change at 7.5k interval and actual service at 15k. your choice.

n

Dear masters.

No you can change M to D any time you want even if the car is moving

no problem in the jam you can use auto no issues

better performance on 98 than 95 you will feel the engine a lot smoother

if 18" normaly 250-260

if you have enough money you can even do it every 5 K no issues.

the above is my personal opinion so don

Hey Guys, newbie here.

Might be taking the step of owning an Itallian Bella.... AR Brera Spider 2.2

Any Bros here have the experience or knowledge to share for this mentioned ride?

I tried to google it but found very limited informations. If you Bros doesnt mind, can spare sometime to help me out?

1) Any sticky faults to take note on Brera 2.2? i.e. GB, retracable top etc?

2) Any local company that can do EMU mapping / reflash or Sprint Booster for this ride?

3) Any local company that carries lowering springs / coilovers or bodykits for this ride?

Think that's all for now. Any input greatly appreciated.

bro, if im not wrong,

Brera == Coupe

Spider == Convertible

no Brera Spider :)

1) xeryh can help u

2) from what i gather from Peter at AS, the JTS engine is already tuned to the optimum, hard to squeeze anything more. Sprint booster is available though.

3) Alfa Sportivo / Alfa City

↡ Advertisement