Mother of ALL JAMs in at Checkpoint

PaiKia-Lee

(edited)

better dont build

can woodland and msia immigration clear 10k per hour?

post-7984-0-61818700-1554811223_thumb.jpeg

Edited by Wt_know
↡ Advertisement

better dont build

can woodland and msia immigration clear 10k per hour?

if there is RTS, then there will be a new custom just to cater for those that take RTS loh. then lesser for cars or coaches counters. its not easy to hire people to work at custom.

M'sia-S'pore committed to resolve causeway congestion

By Ahmad Fairuz Othman And Hashini Kavishtri Kannan - April 9, 2019 @ 7:59pm

PUTRAJAYA: Malaysia and Singapore are still committed to resolve congestion issues at their overland border crossings at the Causeway and Second Link.

Prime Minister Tun Dr Mahathir Mohamad said the issue, which affects hundreds of thousands of commuters who ply the routes daily, was a problem that needed attention.

"Traffic congestion at the Causeway and Second Link remains a major problem for Malaysia-Singapore commuters. Currently, about 250,000 to 300,000 people are crossing the Causeway on a daily basis.

"Resolving congestion is a priority for Malaysia. Both sides are committed to address this issue and will continue to explore new initiatives to tackle this problem.

"This may include improvement in physical infrastructure; review of inter-boundary policies and regulations; and improvement in quality of cross-border services," said Dr Mahathir.

He was speaking at a joint press conference with his Singaporean counterpart Lee Hsien Loong after the 9th Malaysia-Singapore Leaders' Retreat in Perdana Putra here today.

Lee said that the republic had mobilised a plan to expand the customs, immigration and quarantine complex (CIQ) capacity on its side to cater to an increasing number of commuters.

"We have to expand the capacity of the CIQs on both sides to process the people who are crossing because the numbers will grow.

"Singapore has plans to expand our CIQ further and these are things which will take some time but they will eventually make a significant dent in the problem (of congestion)," said Lee.

The serious congestion at the Johor-Singapore Causeway came to light when the New Straits Times highlighted the plight of those commuting daily to Singapore, especially motorcyclists, who often endured hours in gridlock just to get to and from work.

Many motorcyclists left their homes in Johor as early as 4.30am to get through the congested checkpoints on both sides of the Causeway.

On a related matter, Dr Mahathir said the Malaysian government needed to ensure that cross-border railway projects such as the Kuala Lumpur-Singapore High Speed Rail (HSR) and Johor Baru-Singapore Rapid Transit System (RTS) Link were feasible and sustainable.

He said while enhancing public transport connectivity between both countries would give economic benefits, it was the Malaysian government's priority to reduce debt and ensure that only economically viable projects would be carried out.

"For that reason, both sides on Sept 5 last year agreed to suspend the Kuala Lumpur-Singapore High Speed Rail project.

"Currently, Malaysia is exploring proposals with the aim of cost reduction and will discuss this further with Singapore before the end of the suspension period (May 31, 2020)."

"On the Johor Baru-Singapore Rapid Transit System Link project, Singapore is willing to consider suspension of the project. Malaysia is also looking at affordable and sustainable alternatives to the RTS Link project," said Dr Mahathir.

https://www.nst.com.my/news/nation/2019/04/477792/msia-spore-committed-resolve-causeway-congestion

• Praise 3

Wah suddenly so many issues being taken care of and proactively doing so with such big groups of potential leaders.

Any big event coming up this year in Singapore?

• Praise 1

no wonder both sides custom also beh tahan liao ...

another 2 years ... 500,000 !!!

"Traffic congestion at the Causeway and Second Link remains a major problem for Malaysia-Singapore commuters. Currently, about 250,000 to 300,000 people are crossing the Causeway on a daily basis.

Edited by Wt_know

Wah suddenly so many issues being taken care of and proactively doing so with such big groups of potential leaders.

Any big event coming up this year in Singapore?

post-1829-0-92030400-1554864030.jpg

[laugh]

• Praise 1

Better be careful bro, they night end up charging you under the new fake news law!!!

What did I do? It was a simple question....haha.

went in yesterday 730am, 15 min wait at sg side but no queue at Tuas.

came back 9pm straight through both custom/immigration.

i usually go in for qing ming few days aft the actual day and on weekday, no jam and not crowded at the columbarium.

• Praise 1

after that will be Avengers 4 jams ... wonder how many planning to go City Square to eat, shop, watch movie. [laugh]

mmcineplex huat ah !

Hahahaha me me!!!!! :XD:

One of my pass time is staycation at jb plus midnite movie.

The recent one was captain marvel and frankly the tix not cheap at 22/pax.

• Praise 2

One of my pass time is staycation at jb plus midnite movie.

The recent one was captain marvel and frankly the tix not cheap at 22/pax.

which hotel is nice for staycation in JB?

which hotel is nice for staycation in JB?

Been staying in Suansana Suites twice already. Opposite Komtar and City Square. Super convenient but away from the crowd.

Been staying in Suansana Suites twice already. Opposite Komtar and City Square. Super convenient but away from the crowd.

i just stayed in KSL in march and its not very comfortable...... trying to find a better place.

Rm22? That's about $7ish..

in SG today at GV city square 1.25pm show one standard tix is $13. Cheapest is $9.50 with HSBC , $12.50 with DBS..

I think JB is still cheaper ? Plus the popcorn price :)

i think RM22 is JB prices. i go melaka to watch movie, its around RM17-RM18. So i don't really watch movie in SG anymore. 

i just stayed in KSL in march and its not very comfortable...... trying to find a better place.

At Suasana Suites, all rooms are actually 1 bedroom condo. Comes with living room, dining table and kitchen. Swimming pool and cafe is at the roof top. Downstairs got Toastbox and 7/11. Walk down the road, got a few coffeeshops.

Very nice and comfortable room.

post-2654-0-38071700-1555039094_thumb.jpg

post-2654-0-29046900-1555039146_thumb.jpg

post-2654-0-51338800-1555039192_thumb.jpg

post-2654-0-98520700-1555039247_thumb.jpg

post-2654-0-93549100-1555039283_thumb.jpg

Edited by Adrianli
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 13