Mother of ALL JAMs in at Checkpoint

PaiKia-Lee

Turbocharged

Will always have jams. Either jam at malaysia side or jam at sg side or at both sides. If one clears fast fast at sg side, then sure kena stuck at jb side. Sometimes you wonder why. It is either sg is too boring and got nothing much to do over long weekends or even weekends or too many people still wana pay tribute to sultan. Impemented gst plus vep seems never enough. I used to drive in often but not nowadays. I did observe significant number of red plates driving in though.

The reasons are quite obvious:

1. Things (food, groceries, petrol, entertainment) are still cheaper there compared to S'pore even after including GST, VEP

2. High exchange rate

3. Too urbanised, need to go to less crowded area (for me that is)

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

the jam ytd for cars at jb custom back to SG isn't that bad compared to last sunday.

but still, heng i ride bike, no jam.

Yesterday holiday just started, most people will only come back on Sunday.

(edited)

The reasons are quite obvious:

1. Things (food, groceries, petrol, entertainment) are still cheaper there compared to S'pore even after including GST, VEP

2. High exchange rate

3. Too urbanised, need to go to less crowded area (for me that is)

Same reasons as to why I go too. Though I always heard my malaysian counterparts saying I'm crazy and they will not even find it safe to go jb themselves. Maybe they are jotting us out so that their cost of living will not keep on increasing in jb because of the businesses there significantly catering to us too. No offence but just my personal opinion. Edited by Andyngps

Saw on Google Map yesterday Morning. The red line started after the bridge. Jam like this will take probably 3hrs before reaching the immigration counter.

Happy "jamming".

• Praise 1

Yesterday 3pm was not crowded at both checkpoints and we arrived safely at Hatten by 615pm.. :)

And my car managed to clock 15km/l (bmw 316i)

(edited)

spore fav pastime ... 1 complain ... 2 stuck in traffic jam ...

Saw on Google Map yesterday Morning. The red line started after the bridge. Jam like this will take probably 3hrs before reaching the immigration counter.

Happy "jamming".

Edited by Wt_know
  • Praise 3

One thing about 2nd link is you never know what is waiting at the other end [sweatdrop]

actually for once you can expect something...Msian GST [laugh]

• Praise 1

Pay so much still kenal jam ! Since both side Goverment already collected addition fees and the must also increase their staffs and open all counters !

• Praise 1

(edited)

My fren reached Singapore customs at Tuas at 9am. Cleared JB custom around 12pm. 3 hours. Cant cut Q also as policemen all around to ensure all of the Sinkies get screwed together.

Why used this derogatory word "Sinkies" when we know many of SG-plates are probably driven by Malaysian PR ?

Edited by Wishcumstrue
  • Praise 1

I was enjoying my slow walk with wife n 2yrs son in Henderson waves..air is so fresh n traffic is free..wow I not in any jam hehehe biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

Smart way to spend the precious long weekend.

Unlike OP who has little choice but to make his "leisurely" pilgrimage back to his hometown by having to cut queue in the "mother of all jams" .. [rolleyes]

Why ownself go and find such headache I cannot understand. SGeans really luv to queue.

Absolutely!

Can understand for those with family in Malaysia but otherwise really ask for it.

Why ownself go and find such headache i also cannot understand..

Supersonic
(edited)

Absolutely!

Can understand for those with family in Malaysia but otherwise really ask for it.

Why ownself go and find such headache i also cannot understand..

These people could be no place to go in Sg, that's why the alternative choice is to go Malaysia. But past two days weather also no good, keeps raining and best still stay home.

Edited by 13177

(edited)

arrive msia 2nd link @ 2.30pm ...

jam 1/2 h ... the usual 10 lanes merge into 4 lanes

spore all clear ... took less than 5mins [thumbsup]

Edited by Wt_know

arrive msia 2nd link @ 2.30pm ...

jam 1/2 h ... the usual 10 lanes merge into 4 lanes

spore all clear ... took less than 5mins [thumbsup]

When no car they open 8 lanes, when knowing more car going through, they open 2-4 lane only <_<

(edited)

I went in over the weekend as well, and like the rest, jam in the traffic for more than 3 hours for each departure and arrival . What make me pissed was that Mal side not jam, SG side Jam like hell (went in Fri 10pm)...

Sometimes, I really dont undestand, the ICA already anticipate huge traffic over the long weekend, and make announcement to the whole world that there will be heavy traffic congestion, I wonder did they announce it to their officers as well? Only 50% of the booth were operating.... why is that happening? Just because they have made the announcement, so it is ok to Jam? or Is it because we are so used with the jam and they simply take it for granted?

Edited by Tigershark1976

I went in over the weekend as well, and like the rest, jam in the traffic for more than 3 hours for each departure and arrival . What make me pissed was that Mal side not jam, SG side Jam like hell (went in Fri 10pm)...

Sometimes, I really dont undestand, the ICA already anticipate huge traffic over the long weekend, and make announcement to the whole world that there will be heavy traffic congestion, I wonder did they announce it to their officers as well? Only 50% of the booth were operating.... why is that happening? Just because they have made the announcement, so it is ok to Jam? or Is it because we are so used with the jam and they simply take it for granted?

I left Friday 6am, Jam at Singapore side 1.5hr, clear much faster at JB, think its PH in SG but not in MY.

Came back today, 12pm, Jam 1hr at JB, SG was a breeze.

↡ Advertisement