Subaru BRZ and Toyota GT86

S7rik3R

(edited)

Song ah.

Auto and manual both same price!!

I will go tomorrow and book the non guarantee Coe package!

Should I upsize and buy the Grande meal?

Edited by SimonTan
↡ Advertisement

What is the features difference between the Subaru and Toyota version?

Technical differences.

Ignoring the obvious badges differences and speedos design differences, how about the seats, gearknobs, interior furnishings, rims and tyres,etc.

Which brand is more worth it?

Technical differences.

Ignoring the obvious badges differences and speedos design differences, how about the seats, gearknobs, interior furnishings, rims and tyres,etc.

buy toyota lah.

subaru resale value like sh|t.

6k dep can buy 05 wrx

8k dep can buy 05 sti

those lancer ex , civic fd, already at 8k dep. [speechless]

Song ah.

Auto and manual both same price!!

I will go tomorrow and book the non guarantee Coe package!

Should I upsize and buy the Grande meal?

can i test your car also :D

Technical differences.

I will buy the Toyota, because of it's better resale here, workshop support (relative to MI's mediocre) and the very important fact that this car is supposed to be the reincarnation of the Toyota AE Levin / Trueno.

I don't think Subaru even has an F/R RWD equivalent, with such a venerable motoring history.

Notwithstanding the fact that Subaru manufactures the boxer engine and provides the assembly lines (only because Toyota's are full).

Cannot imagine tofu drift king driving a Subaru leh!

p.s. Now that Toyota is pricing both auto and manual at the same price (good move!), MI would just be digging their own grave to sell the BRZ manual at a higher price!

I thing it is a marketing strategy gone wrong ... especially when you know that a competitor is selling the exact same-spec car. Avoid unorthodox pricing tactics - it will only work if you have an exclusive product.

Technical differences.

Which brand is better I am not sure but both should be the same bah as it came from the same mould. For me, I would opt for Toyota becasue :

a.Better resale value. People mindset all over the world including those in Japan. Dealers here also same mindset went comes to resale value but dont know what reason they gonna give.

b. The main purpose for rebuilding this car is for the legendary Toyota AE86. I wanted to be seen driving a re-vive tofu car from Initial-D and not from Sabaru. Originality. If wanted to buy Sabaru, BRZ will not be on my list. Instead I would opt for WRX or STI [thumbsup] .

Which brand is better I am not sure but both should be the same bah as it came from the same mould. For me, I would opt for Toyota becasue :

a.Better resale value. People mindset all over the world including those in Japan. Dealers here also same mindset went comes to resale value but dont know what reason they gonna give.

b. The main purpose for rebuilding this car is for the legendary Toyota AE86. I wanted to be seen driving a re-vive tofu car from Initial-D and not from Sabaru. Originality. If wanted to buy Sabaru, BRZ will not be on my list. Instead I would opt for WRX or STI [thumbsup] .

a. I believe the Subaru will actually have a higher OMV, selling price, as well as resale value than the Toyota.

b. I think that for guys, the "heart" of the machine is more important. The boxer engine is clearly Subaru. The "86" badge is just a badge.

a. I believe the Subaru will actually have a higher OMV, selling price, as well as resale value than the Toyota.

b. I think that for guys, the "heart" of the machine is more important. The boxer engine is clearly Subaru. The "86" badge is just a badge.

But when guys buy this car, they'd want the "Initial-D" feeling leh.

So a Toyota in must be ... cast in celluloid already! [laugh]

Psychological, can't change.

Subaru should stick to it's symmetrical AWD and WRC-alike cars.

It did not make it's name on drift cars.

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

I was in bankok international motorshow taken so manage to take and sit on the ride:

IMG_0772.jpg

IMG_0779.jpg

IMG_0784.jpg

IMG_0785.jpg

IMG_0789.jpg

IMG_0790.jpg

Price of it 2.4 - 2.7 million baht abt sgd 113k estimated

Here the GT86 model and track GT86 (photo abit blur) i using iphone oni :D

IMG_0771.jpg

IMG_0769.jpg

Edited by Swiftboi

(edited)

You believe only. But it is a known fact that Toyotas have good resale value, not only here but elsewhere too. Even our second dealers have that mentality. Just look at the resale value of the Subarus.

As for the heart of the machine lies with what ?? Only engine. A good car does not rely only on its engine but many other components and its design. The heart of this car is made for what purpose as a rear wheel drive. I would say - drifting. Not a rally car. It is more than just engine and Toyota could do more with its NA VVTL-i which they did not. It also does not really matter coz Toyota has a share in Subaru.

Edited by Renegade777

Depending on how the contract with Subaru was signed, there is nothing to stop Toyota from launching later variants of the FT86, but mating it to their TRD Racing IL4 VVTi-L engines, just like what Subaru may do with an STI version of the BRZ.

You believe only. But it is a known fact that Toyotas have good resale value, not only here but elsewhere too. Even our second dealers have that mentality. Just look at the resale value of the Subarus.

As for the heart of the machine lies with what ?? Only engine. A good car does not rely only on its engine but many other components and its design. The heart of this car is made for what purpose as a rear wheel drive. I would say - drifting. Not a rally car. It is more than just engine and Toyota could do more with its NA VVTL-i which they did not. It also does not really matter coz Toyota has a share in Subaru.

Depending on how the contract with Subaru was signed, there is nothing to stop Toyota from launching later variants of the FT86, but mating it to their TRD Racing IL4 VVTi-L engines, just like what Subaru may do with an STI version of the BRZ.

It will be damn funny if the Toyota uses the VVTI-L engine for this. The VVTL-I will be a better bet. Anyway, the "flat engine" use in the Toyota 86 and BRZ is not new. Toyota has used a series of flat-twin engines in the 60s and 70s.

My belief was based on the selling prices of the cars, where the BRZ is selling about $5K more than the 86. Your known fact is about the cars sold by them in general, not about the two cars we're discussing.

Both the BRZ and 86 are RWD and for drifting. They were co-developed by both companies and there's virtually no difference in the current models on this, so why would the resale value differ based on RWD/Drifting?

Both the BRZ and 86 are RWD and for drifting. They were co-developed by both companies and there's virtually no difference in the current models on this, so why would the resale value differ based on RWD/Drifting?

The Cayenne and Touareg was co-developed by Porsche and VW.

Original engines were identical.

One sold more than the other, world-wide.

One depreciates faster than the other in SG, despite their different selling price.

Similarly Audi-VW-Skoda equivalent models.