How to maintain Windows sills (rubber)?

Kelpie

WD40 use to unfreeze seized bolts and nuts. Quite effective especially let it soak overnight. But for my car its also a NO.

I use Dupont teflon dry wax lube and LPS aerosol

I recommend you this for seized bolts and nuts Weicon Rust-Shock, no need soak overnight.

Spray on, few minutes, can open.

↡ Advertisement

OT a little.. if seat belt not so smooth when pulling, can do anything like greasing it? If can, use WD40 or those Singer lubricating oil? Or silicon spray?

Neutral Newbie

For questions regarding rubbber, think must ask rubberpad [laugh]

anyway hijack this thread abit.. if my rubber has already hardened, is there any other way to maintain other than replacing everything?

tried grease and silicon spray already.. nth's working [:(]

For questions regarding rubbber, think must ask rubberpad [laugh]

anyway hijack this thread abit.. if my rubber has already hardened, is there any other way to maintain other than replacing everything?

tried grease and silicon spray already.. nth's working [:(]

Change new one.

Nut, not exactly. Not ALL rubber products, it depends on the rubber content. I had one experience many years ago,

spraying WD40 onto a "rubber' product, within 5mins, I could feel the slight "stickiness" with my fingers, had to

immediately clean item, bit late though, ended up replacing it. Best deal is silicon spray or Petroleum jelly aka Vaseline.

I use Vaseline even on electrical components with plastic gears, lasts far longer then grease, and totally safe.

For squeaking fan & alternator belts, WD40 or silicon spray better?

all those produce selling out there just shines your rubber and at best give a light coating of oil.

what you need is a chemical grease which is specially formulated for rubber door seal, sun roof, and roadster cars alike, the grease need to be applied by hand or finger which every way you wanna, but a light and thin coat will, do, and all you got to do is just apply to all the rubber seal, leave it on for 3 days, as watch your car rubber seal puff up, and after 3 days, just use a unwanted rag , wipe off the exess grease, and you are good to go for another 6 mth before needing another application.

but be warned those rubber puffing grease ain't cheap, but as a roadster car user, its every $ well spent!!!!

let me know who wanna them as i still got a tube left, as my friend brought 1 off me as the workshop quoted that his honda jazz rubber seal is wasted, and was told it would cost 1600 to change them all, but just a application of the grease help solved his water lekage problem, and now his door close with a reassuring thud rather than a a crack!!!!

Neutral Newbie

all those produce selling out there just shines your rubber and at best give a light coating of oil.

what you need is a chemical grease which is specially formulated for rubber door seal, sun roof, and roadster cars alike, the grease need to be applied by hand or finger which every way you wanna, but a light and thin coat will, do, and all you got to do is just apply to all the rubber seal, leave it on for 3 days, as watch your car rubber seal puff up, and after 3 days, just use a unwanted rag , wipe off the exess grease, and you are good to go for another 6 mth before needing another application.

but be warned those rubber puffing grease ain't cheap, but as a roadster car user, its every $ well spent!!!!

let me know who wanna them as i still got a tube left, as my friend brought 1 off me as the workshop quoted that his honda jazz rubber seal is wasted, and was told it would cost 1600 to change them all, but just a application of the grease help solved his water lekage problem, and now his door close with a reassuring thud rather than a a crack!!!!

Hi Jellyfish,

You still got the grease ? I am interested. If not can PM me where to get ?

many many thks

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

1.Patch split sills that are otherwise intact with glue and screws. Use a glue syringe, available at hardware stores, to apply glue to the inside of the split. Lift the sill up into position.

2.Drill pilot holes in at least three places into the edge of the sill. Select treated deck screws long enough to run at least

Edited by Hollysurly