• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
276 replies to this topic | 40 praises

Posted 07 April 2012 - 03:15 PM

Kt2u
  • Premium member
    Kt2u
    2nd Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Got into an accident with an SMRT Bus. Anyone with experience dealing with SMRT? Or would does it make more sense to leave it completely to the insurance company?

Thanks for any advice!

20120208_135626.jpg

Edited by Kt2u, 07 April 2012 - 03:15 PM.

Posted 07 April 2012 - 03:30 PM

Neutralsg
  • Premium member
    Neutralsg
    6th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Got into an accident with an SMRT Bus. Anyone with experience dealing with SMRT? Or would does it make more sense to leave it completely to the insurance company?

Thanks for any advice!

You want advice? Can you see the thread "For those who met an ACCIDENT! Read!" below?
Go to that thread which is restricted to members for advice you seek and give more details because no one can provide any kind of appropriate advice without the details.
Cherish your licence before you lose its privileges.

Posted 07 April 2012 - 03:33 PM

0wnage
  • Premium member
    0wnage
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

Thanks for any advice!

Whose fault?

Posted 07 April 2012 - 04:10 PM

Lilblackrabbit
  • Lilblackrabbit
    1st Gear
    Author Image

Judging by TS' writing tone, should be his?

Hope repairing a bus dent isn't too expensive.

Posted 07 April 2012 - 04:23 PM

Vhtfhwlego
  • Premium member
    Vhtfhwlego
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

U trying to take revenge?
24th Aug 2006, we lost a planet!

Posted 07 April 2012 - 06:17 PM

Kt2u
  • Premium member
    Kt2u
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

Whose fault?

probably mine. stopped too far in yellow box while turning right at junction. Bus going straight got swiped on the side by my front.

Posted 07 April 2012 - 06:33 PM

Kt2u
  • Premium member
    Kt2u
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

just wondering in a case like this, any way to settle privately with the bus company or die die have to go through insurance, as i don't want to lose my ncd. assuming that the damage repairs are not too costly of course i.e. bus company start claiming loss of income due to bus out of action in repairs etc.

Posted 07 April 2012 - 06:36 PM

Vid
  • Premium member
    Vid
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

just wondering in a case like this, any way to settle privately with the bus company or die die have to go through insurance, as i don't want to lose my ncd. assuming that the damage repairs are not too costly of course i.e. bus company start claiming loss of income due to bus out of action in repairs etc.

Loss of income alone is able to kill off your NCD. Bus co sure will not settle private. Anyway, good luck. I hope it doesn't affect your premiium too much.

Posted 07 April 2012 - 06:49 PM

Good-Carbuyer

probably mine. stopped too far in yellow box while turning right at junction. Bus going straight got swiped on the side by my front.

You may find it beneficial to attend refresher driving lessons. You are not the only one who encountered problem sizing the vehicle you drive. Hence the bus driver taught you a lesson ('free of charge'). Actually very expensive driving lesson.
Example: this morning a small truck driver drove and stopped, encroaching into half of Lane 3. Effectively blocking a bus travelling along Lane 3. The bus stopped. The truck driver finally reversed to give way to the bus. Had the truck driver drove forward, I believe the bus driver would had provided him free driving lesson for failing to give way to traffic having the right of way. The way you got yours.
No harm being more diligent in our driving.

Posted 07 April 2012 - 06:50 PM

Good-Carbuyer

Loss of income alone is able to kill off your NCD. Bus co sure will not settle private. Anyway, good luck. I hope it doesn't affect your premiium too much.

+1. Each day a bus can make many trips. Each trip can fetch many dollars. Huat-ah laugh.gif

Posted 07 April 2012 - 08:01 PM

Neutralsg
  • Premium member
    Neutralsg
    6th Gear
    Author Image

Let's see how we can be of some help.
1) Did you and the bus driver stopped after the minor accident?
2) Did you exchange particulars?
3) Have you reported to your insurer?
4) Have you attempted and/or managed to contact the bus company?
5) Presume you will not be claiming against the bus company - Yes / No?
Following your answers to above, you may get some decent advice which may help to ease off your anxiety.

Your answers?? There's no need to post details of your vehicle here.
Cherish your licence before you lose its privileges.

Posted 07 April 2012 - 10:02 PM

0wnage
  • Premium member
    0wnage
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

Uh, i don't really get what you mean.
When your car and the bus came into contact, who was stationary and who was moving?
The moving party will take the higher percentage of blame even if the other party was wrong (eg. Stopping inside yellow box)

Posted 07 April 2012 - 10:03 PM

Xers007
  • Premium member
    Xers007
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

If this is the way u made your report... prepare to pay 100%...
back to the same old days ...

Posted 07 April 2012 - 10:26 PM

Count-Bracula
  • Premium member
    Count-Bracula
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

I've been horning like mad at buses recently, especially when they come out the bus bay and the corner of the bus eats into a quarter or more of your lane. sweatdrop.gif sweatdrop.gif

Drive carefully hor
Me sad Newcastle fan

Posted 07 April 2012 - 10:49 PM

Kungming
  • Kungming
    4th Gear
    Author Image

Was your car stationary in the yellow box? If so, and u can prove it, may not be 100% your fault.

Then again, must be considerate lah.

Posted 07 April 2012 - 11:17 PM

Vhtfhwlego
  • Premium member
    Vhtfhwlego
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

You may find it beneficial to attend refresher driving lessons. You are not the only one who encountered problem sizing the vehicle you drive. Hence the bus driver taught you a lesson ('free of charge'). Actually very expensive driving lesson.
Example: this morning a small truck driver drove and stopped, encroaching into half of Lane 3. Effectively blocking a bus travelling along Lane 3. The bus stopped. The truck driver finally reversed to give way to the bus. Had the truck driver drove forward, I believe the bus driver would had provided him free driving lesson for failing to give way to traffic having the right of way. The way you got yours.
No harm being more diligent in our driving.

People make mistakes thats why it is call "driving"....

Today I witnessed a very close shave for a bike & taxi..
Wifey & I have disagreement on who is at fault if hit...

I told her that I support the cabby as while U-Turn, how can the bike turn side by side with him.
The cabby had took a wider lane almost hitting the bike but it is the biker that position himself to be hit...
She still feels that biker is correct....
Then I said to her, rememeber last week while at X junction...

I was following a cabby and Right Turn arrow was on...
Both of us "high" speed driving towards the junction & SUDDENLY, cabby came to a complete stop!
He didnt notice it was still green arrow.....
I did blast my horn but stop after 1 sec....
Wifey was &(*&^^*&*(&*^/.....

If I am not alert, I was jam into him...
Then who's fault???

Life still goes on right? Part & Parcel la...

Edited by Vhtfhwlego, 07 April 2012 - 11:18 PM.

24th Aug 2006, we lost a planet!

Posted 08 April 2012 - 03:25 AM

Kt2u
  • Premium member
    Kt2u
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

Uh, i don't really get what you mean.
When your car and the bus came into contact, who was stationary and who was moving?
The moving party will take the higher percentage of blame even if the other party was wrong (eg. Stopping inside yellow box)

I was stationary. What happened was I followed the car in front too closely doing the right turn but he was too slow, so I couldn't clear and had to stop and wait for the straight going bus to clear. What was strange was that he did not hit me with his front but grazed my front with his side. So I suspect he was swerving or changing lanes within the yellow box.

Posted 08 April 2012 - 03:27 AM

Kt2u
  • Premium member
    Kt2u
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

Let's see how we can be of some help.
1) Did you and the bus driver stopped after the minor accident? yes
2) Did you exchange particulars? yes
3) Have you reported to your insurer? yes
4) Have you attempted and/or managed to contact the bus company? no
5) Presume you will not be claiming against the bus company - not sure
Following your answers to above, you may get some decent advice which may help to ease off your anxiety.

Your answers?? There's no need to post details of your vehicle here.

Posted 08 April 2012 - 03:38 AM

Kt2u
  • Premium member
    Kt2u
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

oh just to elaborate, the car in front of me was slow to clear because he stopped abruptly for a pedestrian. So i was effectively "stuck" in the yellow box, though i thought there's still enough space in lane 3 to clear. maybe a bus needed more space :S

Posted 08 April 2012 - 07:06 AM

Good-Carbuyer

oh just to elaborate, the car in front of me was slow to clear because he stopped abruptly for a pedestrian. So i was effectively "stuck" in the yellow box, though i thought there's still enough space in lane 3 to clear. maybe a bus needed more space :S

Twice I was 'trapped' in the same yellow box at Jurong East when the car in front also doing rigth turn decided to stop for a break inside the yellow box (he stopped for the sake of stopping?). My car then became like sitting duck, blocking Lane 1 and Lane 2 sweatdrop.gif

Back to General Car Discussion  ·  Cars Top Reply to this topic
SgCarMart Quotz

Quick Reply

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users