Accident involving SMRT Buses

Kt2u

(edited)

Got into an accident with an SMRT Bus. Anyone with experience dealing with SMRT? Or would does it make more sense to leave it completely to the insurance company?

Thanks for any advice!

post-82131-1333782847_thumb.jpg

Edited by Kt2u
↡ Advertisement

Got into an accident with an SMRT Bus. Anyone with experience dealing with SMRT? Or would does it make more sense to leave it completely to the insurance company?

Thanks for any advice!

You want advice? Can you see the thread "For those who met an ACCIDENT! Read!" below?

Go to that thread which is restricted to members for advice you seek and give more details because no one can provide any kind of appropriate advice without the details.

Thanks for any advice!

Whose fault?

Whose fault?

probably mine. stopped too far in yellow box while turning right at junction. Bus going straight got swiped on the side by my front.

just wondering in a case like this, any way to settle privately with the bus company or die die have to go through insurance, as i don't want to lose my ncd. assuming that the damage repairs are not too costly of course i.e. bus company start claiming loss of income due to bus out of action in repairs etc.

Hypersonic

just wondering in a case like this, any way to settle privately with the bus company or die die have to go through insurance, as i don't want to lose my ncd. assuming that the damage repairs are not too costly of course i.e. bus company start claiming loss of income due to bus out of action in repairs etc.

Loss of income alone is able to kill off your NCD. Bus co sure will not settle private. Anyway, good luck. I hope it doesn't affect your premiium too much.

probably mine. stopped too far in yellow box while turning right at junction. Bus going straight got swiped on the side by my front.

You may find it beneficial to attend refresher driving lessons. You are not the only one who encountered problem sizing the vehicle you drive. Hence the bus driver taught you a lesson ('free of charge'). Actually very expensive driving lesson.

Example: this morning a small truck driver drove and stopped, encroaching into half of Lane 3. Effectively blocking a bus travelling along Lane 3. The bus stopped. The truck driver finally reversed to give way to the bus. Had the truck driver drove forward, I believe the bus driver would had provided him free driving lesson for failing to give way to traffic having the right of way. The way you got yours.

No harm being more diligent in our driving.

Loss of income alone is able to kill off your NCD. Bus co sure will not settle private. Anyway, good luck. I hope it doesn't affect your premiium too much.

+1. Each day a bus can make many trips. Each trip can fetch many dollars. Huat-ah [laugh]

Let's see how we can be of some help.

1) Did you and the bus driver stopped after the minor accident?

2) Did you exchange particulars?

3) Have you reported to your insurer?

4) Have you attempted and/or managed to contact the bus company?

5) Presume you will not be claiming against the bus company - Yes / No?

Following your answers to above, you may get some decent advice which may help to ease off your anxiety.

Your answers?? There's no need to post details of your vehicle here.

Uh, i don't really get what you mean.

When your car and the bus came into contact, who was stationary and who was moving?

The moving party will take the higher percentage of blame even if the other party was wrong (eg. Stopping inside yellow box)

Supercharged

If this is the way u made your report... prepare to pay 100%...

I've been horning like mad at buses recently, especially when they come out the bus bay and the corner of the bus eats into a quarter or more of your lane. [sweatdrop] [sweatdrop]

Drive carefully hor

Was your car stationary in the yellow box? If so, and u can prove it, may not be 100% your fault.

Then again, must be considerate lah.

(edited)

You may find it beneficial to attend refresher driving lessons. You are not the only one who encountered problem sizing the vehicle you drive. Hence the bus driver taught you a lesson ('free of charge'). Actually very expensive driving lesson.

Example: this morning a small truck driver drove and stopped, encroaching into half of Lane 3. Effectively blocking a bus travelling along Lane 3. The bus stopped. The truck driver finally reversed to give way to the bus. Had the truck driver drove forward, I believe the bus driver would had provided him free driving lesson for failing to give way to traffic having the right of way. The way you got yours.

No harm being more diligent in our driving.

People make mistakes thats why it is call "driving"....

Today I witnessed a very close shave for a bike & taxi..

Wifey & I have disagreement on who is at fault if hit...

I told her that I support the cabby as while U-Turn, how can the bike turn side by side with him.

The cabby had took a wider lane almost hitting the bike but it is the biker that position himself to be hit...

She still feels that biker is correct....

Then I said to her, rememeber last week while at X junction...

I was following a cabby and Right Turn arrow was on...

Both of us "high" speed driving towards the junction & SUDDENLY, cabby came to a complete stop!

He didnt notice it was still green arrow.....

I did blast my horn but stop after 1 sec....

Wifey was &(*&^^*&*(&*^/.....

If I am not alert, I was jam into him...

Then who's fault???

Life still goes on right? Part & Parcel la...

Edited by Vhtfhwlego

Uh, i don't really get what you mean.

When your car and the bus came into contact, who was stationary and who was moving?

The moving party will take the higher percentage of blame even if the other party was wrong (eg. Stopping inside yellow box)

I was stationary. What happened was I followed the car in front too closely doing the right turn but he was too slow, so I couldn't clear and had to stop and wait for the straight going bus to clear. What was strange was that he did not hit me with his front but grazed my front with his side. So I suspect he was swerving or changing lanes within the yellow box.

Let's see how we can be of some help.

1) Did you and the bus driver stopped after the minor accident? yes

2) Did you exchange particulars? yes

3) Have you reported to your insurer? yes

4) Have you attempted and/or managed to contact the bus company? no

5) Presume you will not be claiming against the bus company - not sure

Following your answers to above, you may get some decent advice which may help to ease off your anxiety.

Your answers?? There's no need to post details of your vehicle here.

↡ Advertisement