Accident involving SMRT Buses

Kt2u

Ya, now it's the bus' fault. You should be claiming the bus company's insurance instead. It was the bus that side swiped you; not the other way round.

Although, theoretically you shouldn't be in the yellow box, you were stationary and the bus misjudged its size and swiped you.

Even if the bus insurance refuses to assume 100% liability, you should be getting at most 40% of the blame (should be less). Thing is, it's your word against his because you have no video evidence.

The damage on the bus body suggest the car to be stationary while being hit by the moving bus. (subject to confirmation with the damage to the car). He should be making 100% compensation claim against the bus driver instead.

↡ Advertisement

Thanks all for your comments and advice. I will seek compensation from the bus co. Insurance through my insurance.

While I feel sorry for the driver from China who just got his license in Feb, I feel more sorry for my twisted bonnet. Thankfully no one was hurt in the accident. Hope my story reminds everyone to practice defensive driving, especially against large vehicles. Guess I'm lucky this time to escape with no injuries.

After-thought: the car chassis may be misaligned by such bigger vehicle hitting it. Example: one of my previous cars was chasis misaligned after being hit by lorry. Had to scrap the car later, after repeated repairs week after week. [shakehead]

Hi all on this thread, i was wondering. What are the chances of SMRT agreeing to a private settlement though?

SMRT? Forget it.

1069335_10151546613722934_773435151_n.jpg

think driver too fast, never drift enuf

ok i noe that stretch...hit kerb too fast, then flipped

OMG :o

How did the bus overturn..... <_< hit kerb?? Bus driver sleeping??

Does that mean the deceased is a passenger? Now take bus also dangerous....

RIP to the deceased.......

OMG :o

How did the bus overturn..... <_< hit kerb?? Bus driver sleeping??

Does that mean the deceased is a passenger? Now take bus also dangerous....

RIP to the deceased.......

take train kena bash, take taxi, driver also bash up.....

think walk lah [laugh] [laugh]

think walk lah [laugh] [laugh]

Walk also scared kena robbed la, cyclists on pavement, car lose control ...a lot of things.... [laugh]

anyhow also dangerous..time to go..means time to go... live life to the fullest la [laugh]

think walk lah [laugh][laugh]

Walking on pavement is also equally dangerous these days. The cyclists without bell, light etc. dashing on the pavement at very high speed!

I suspect that there is a fair chance of speeding by the bus that cause the bus to skid off the main road....

my condolences to the deceased....

They should seriously consider to lower the tune of modern bus. Just see how those bus driver shoot out from bus bay even if you are closing near to them......... <_<

oh my oh .......

http://sg.news.yahoo.com/one-man-dead--two-injured-after-smrt-bus-overt-040231372.html

One man died and two others were injured after an SMRT bus overturned on Dairy Farm Road towards the Bukit Timah Expressway Sunday morning.

The Singapore Civil Defence Force (SCDF) received a call about the incident at 8:57am and found the bus' driver and a male passenger injured, and another male passenger trapped in the bus, a spokesperson said.

The trapped passenger was extricated using rescue tools, but was pronounced dead on the scene.

The driver and other passenger were sent to National University Hospital in a conscious state, added the spokesperson.

The SCDF had sent one fire engine, one red rhino, one ambulance and one support vehicle to the scene.

The SMRT bus involved was on bus service 700.

An eyewitness who wanted to be known as Rachel told Yahoo! Singapore she was driving along Dairy Farm Road toward the PIE at about 11:10am when she saw four cars and two police vehicles parked on the side of the road.

She then saw the bus, which was lying on its right side, but facing oncoming traffic, adding that she also saw a blue tent near the front of the bus.

"It was on the wrong side of a two-way expressway turnoff, so it may have turned down the highway, overturned and skidded across the divider from his side of the road all the way to the bushes on the side I was on," she added.

In a post on its Facebook page, transport operator SMRT said it is making a full assessment of the situation is working closely with the SCDF and the police on their investigations.

"We are deeply saddened by the incident and extend our compassion to family members of the deceased, and will do all we can to assist the injured passengers and their families," the company said.

Police investigations into the accident are ongoing.

Additional reporting by Jeanette Tan

Hypersonic
(edited)

Must be speeding I guess. Today road is dry so can't be skidding.

Next standard question, driver local or FT?

Edited by Fcw75

sorli I only check Lite N EZ sect before posting ^_^

2 possibility ->

1. Driver reckless

2. Bus fault (which of cos will never happen [lipsrsealed] )

So either way SMRT gotta compensate BIG time, and they better hope and pray driver not PRC. Unless they wanna pin it on the bird that flew past or the cat that ran out, causing driver to swerve to avoid [:|]

↡ Advertisement