Accident involving SMRT Buses

Kt2u

From the reports posted, no mention it was PRC. I remembered some incidents in last few months involving buses, newspapers mentioned those were Singaporean drivers.

It's mention in Chinese Newspaper that the driver a foreigner from china.

↡ Advertisement

Flipped on the opposite side of the road. Looks like something out of the movie 'Speed'.

This morning came out of my home pass by the scene saw the flipped bus, immediately I knew what happen and look at the opposite direction cos that the only possible cause, confirmed chiong down from BKE too fast, it hit the kerb...

AT should not be drivers here. different driving side. plus things are more aggressive there than here.

Yes, agree.. the AT drivers there (car, taxi, lolly, bus, bicycle) all heck care one.. Go Jurong u see the heavy lolly & worker bus drivers cheong the roads confirm 50% AT... the other 50% is bangla... [rifle]

Yes, agree.. the AT drivers there (car, taxi, lolly, bus, bicycle) all heck care one.. Go Jurong u see the heavy lolly & worker bus drivers cheong the roads confirm 50% AT... the other 50% is bangla... [rifle]

SGP lorry drivers need to be paid $3k before they work. The FT cost half, possibly. If you are the employer, I am sure you would pay $3k because it makes sense to you.

Ah Tiong drivers very agressive in driving, especially those in rural area. Those never sit in their car never know. When a car about to cut into their path, their natural instinct is not to brake, but hold on to the honk and accelerate, turn the steering wheel a bit to evade and continue. This is their driving style. Don't even slow down to fk the other driver to cut in like some of our Singaporean driver.

SGP lorry drivers need to be paid $3k before they work. The FT cost half, possibly. If you are the employer, I am sure you would pay $3k because it makes sense to you.

Go open your company in ft land then. Wanna pay 1500 sgd fir bus driver job. Where u want him to live?...hostel...bus-stop or the beach? Kns this job are usually taken by the less educated older worker, married with children. 1500 sgd cpf ordinary acvount will only add up to roughly 350/ month. Buy what flat for that amount? Dont get married also can just make do with that amount. Pay accordingly and those less educated will want to work as a bus driver! Private companies pays much more!

Does 'they' cut down on maintainance cost for buses also .... :o

If the driver had driven there for the past 1 year, he should be familiar with the routes he takes daily. So this could left to mechanical fault at the time of turning .... :ph34r:

Does 'they' cut down on maintainance cost for buses also .... :o

If the driver had driven there for the past 1 year, he should be familiar with the routes he takes daily. So this could left to mechanical fault at the time of turning .... :ph34r:

Company claim there were no mechanical failure at the time.....so its up to us to assume what went wrong! Sometime when u drive a regular route u will get accustomed to the environment and complacency will set in and over-confident. This is just an assumption of course!

eh.... or can consider coffin type of seats.

step in, strap up, and then with surround music all round till you get down.

also throw in premium "coffin" where you have a 7 inch display to watch your favorite shows [laugh]

(edited)

Kns...it's not like as though Singaporeans are safer or better drivers lol

Kns...last time i seldom hear of sbs busses running over pedestrians. This past few yrs so manyaccidents involving them and most are fatal. I myself experienced bus accidents when i was a school boy. Both were service number 136 one crashed into a car that wanted to turn right but did not signal and another hit a school boy who suddenly dashed across the road to join his frieds. But none were as serious as those reported this past few yrs! :angry: dont be surprised if u actually go n checked the particulars of drivers in sg...maybe half are ft/prs and most get their licence in another country. But we wont know it unless the gov release the figures do we!

Edited by Eviilusion

Go open your company in ft land then. Wanna pay 1500 sgd fir bus driver job. Where u want him to live?...hostel...bus-stop or the beach? Kns this job are usually taken by the less educated older worker, married with children. 1500 sgd cpf ordinary acvount will only add up to roughly 350/ month. Buy what flat for that amount? Dont get married also can just make do with that amount. Pay accordingly and those less educated will want to work as a bus driver! Private companies pays much more!

if he is old driver with family, he would have gotten a flat many years ago at less than $100K.

(edited)

such accident shouldn't happen it the first place, driver's fault.

apparently only 3 people on board during the accident, 1 died two injured [:(]

Edited by Jman888

(edited)

if he is old driver with family, he would have gotten a flat many years ago at less than $100K.

I said older worker lei...not old worker! Some people lose job want to start new job.....got loan to pay...got children to send to school. 1500 sgd and after deducting cpf is only 1200 sgd, not much after deducting all expenses....i rather drive a taxi than a bus! Pay a competitive salary and many will do the job. Look at japan...their bus drivers are young and proud...but that wan maybe due to sex tour buses! [laugh]

Edited by Eviilusion

I said older worker lei...not old worker! Some people lose job want to start new job.....got loan to pay...got children to send to school. 1500 sgd not much after deducting all expenses....i rather drive a taxi than a bus! Pay a competitive salary and many will do the job. Look at japan...their bus drivers are young and proud...but that wan maybe due to sex buses! [laugh]

i thought i saw they published the bus driver starting pay around $2200 :huh:

i thought i saw they published the bus driver starting pay around $2200 :huh:

Donno lei...simple car say one...read his previous post....he say sg driver need to pay 3ks and ft oni half of that. So if he employer he rather take ft. I was responding to his post!

↡ Advertisement