Accident involving SMRT Buses

Kt2u

(edited)

We won't hv stats for sure...understand your POV and frus la bro. I hv my own encounters with FT bus drivers. One picked up speed in order not to let me filter left to enter CTE from AMK Ave 1.

Just think that FT bashing always crop up whenever there is a bus accident. Din hear no one comment strongly when the wife of a prominent NUS professor from China was run over by a bus driver who is obviously not from China.

Edited by Toothiewabbit
↡ Advertisement

(edited)

We won't hv stats for sure...understand your POV and frus la bro. I hv my own encounters with FT bus drivers. One picked up speed in order not to let me filter left to enter CTE from AMK Ave 1.

Just think that FT bashing always crop up whenever there is a bus accident. Din hear no one comment strongly when the wife of a prominent NUS professor from China was run over by a bus driver who is obviously not from China.

I also have seen too much of this greedy and selfish people...irregardless of nationality. But here is special case wan...to many foreigners can drive on our rds....so in an accident we always assume its our own bcos most of this fts/prs looks like us and talk like us! Just had an encounter with one j plate car in the morning. She squeeze in last min.......i gave way as the front car didnt want to...and u know what she did...she kept on braking after that eventhough the front car was quiet a distance. I overtook her from left and stared at her and gave her the whats up look!

Maybe the professor case was bcos the wife was from china....so most singaporean wont feel for him....to us they are just another ft!

Edited by Eviilusion

Turbocharged

dun blame FTs, blame smrt being unable to enforce speed limits on their busses.

Do all smrt bus have speed limiter? If so, how well r they enforced n do mechanics disable them? Smrt shld fine all bus inspectors who are found w faulty speed limiters a heft amt.

I thk all of us have seen busses travelling above road speed limits, so i wonder why theyre able to do so n smrt isnt doing anything abt it?

Same goes for dump trucks?

Just had an encounter with one j plate car in the morning. She squeeze in last min.......i gave way as the front car didnt want to...and u know what she did...she kept on braking after that eventhough the front car was quiet a distance. I overtook her from left and stared at her and gave her the whats up look!

Either she buay zai or she was making a pass at you leh [:p]

Do all smrt bus have speed limiter? If so, how well r they enforced n do mechanics disable them? Smrt shld fine all bus inspectors who are found w faulty speed limiters a heft amt.

I thk all of us have seen busses travelling above road speed limits, so i wonder why theyre able to do so n smrt isnt doing anything abt it?

I dont think there are speed limiter...they are just speed limit alarm which beeps when the vehicle is going ovr the vehicle speed limit. But a speed limiter that really limits the engine top speed would be a plus....just like those installed om big motorcycle.....

Supersonic

Bus company want them to drive faster to meet schedule, so they can make more money.

You think they want to put speed limiter ?

Turbocharged

Bus company want them to drive faster to meet schedule, so they can make more money.

You think they want to put speed limiter ?

we r talking abt smrt, a bus coy which operates SG's largest public bus fleet n gets public $$, so we must have a say in how they operate.

Turbocharged

I dont think there are speed limiter...they are just speed limit alarm which beeps when the vehicle is going ovr the vehicle speed limit. But a speed limiter that really limits the engine top speed would be a plus....just like those installed om big motorcycle.....

A bus has much longer braking distance than a car, so they must b restricted speed or else its ridiculous theyre allowed to travel at car speed limits on highways. Its for safety of d bus driver as well as car drivers too.

A bus has much longer braking distance than a car, so they must b restricted speed or else its ridiculous theyre allowed to travel at car speed limits on highways. Its for safety of d bus driver as well as car drivers too.

I din say speed limiter is no good...i doubt there are any speed limiter that physically limits the vehicle top speed on our public transport....the only limiter i know are those with alarm that only beeps when the vehicle max speed is achieved.

such accident shouldn't happen it the first place, driver's fault.

apparently only 3 people on board during the accident, 1 died two injured [:(]

I cannot imagine the fatalities if there were more onboard, especially if many children or old people

I cannot imagine the fatalities if there were more onboard, especially if many children or old people

lucky it was a sunday morning and the bus was from BP to Marina and back, nobody go down town so early.

then because it was a sunday and less traffic on the road hence can come to that speed [:(]

Turbocharged

lucky it was a sunday morning and the bus was from BP to Marina and back, nobody go down town so early.

then because it was a sunday and less traffic on the road hence can come to that speed [:(]

may not b speeding, may be playing w handphone, SMSing never pay attention, staring at chiobu forgot to press brake, drunk from Sat night chiong.

Supersonic

we r talking abt smrt, a bus coy which operates SG's largest public bus fleet n gets public $, so we must have a say in how they operate.

Unfortunately, currently how they are run, is how much money they make, and their stock price.

Human lives are less important, unless it hit their bottomline.

:ph34r:

Go open your company in ft land then. Wanna pay 1500 sgd fir bus driver job. Where u want him to live?...hostel...bus-stop or the beach? Kns this job are usually taken by the less educated older worker, married with children. 1500 sgd cpf ordinary acvount will only add up to roughly 350/ month. Buy what flat for that amount? Dont get married also can just make do with that amount. Pay accordingly and those less educated will want to work as a bus driver! Private companies pays much more!

You should ask why the Govt allowed that to happen.

Donno lei...simple car say one...read his previous post....he say sg driver need to pay 3ks and ft oni half of that. So if he employer he rather take ft. I was responding to his post!

Please my post again. Dont confuse people.

↡ Advertisement