Any better ways handling this?

8oo8

Neutral Newbie

Most people here know that driving to Boleh land is a hazard sometimes. Those HW robberies are our main obstacle. And if I really got no important errands in there, I would not want to step a inch into that place.

Seeking opinions, advise from people in here. Some might say, "not happy don't go in lah" or similar phrase.....but I emphasize, not happy also must go in at least once a week running errands.

For the month of Feb and March, I had been blocked by these thugs 3 times and was thinking, any ways to stop all this craps.

So these are the questions......................

- When I maintained not exceeding 110km/hr and was still blocked and accused me that I over speed. I refused to pay "kopi Lwee" , twice I received the "real" summon and once they "let" me go.

Any ways if I were to report to their Authorities with video and photos evidence that "they" wanted "kopi lwee" ?

- Why I refused to hand them Kopi Lwee is that if Suay Suay they sue me for bribing them, worse right?

- What brothers here will do if you really not in any faults, and they accuse you of this and that? How you handle this type of situations?

Thanks and hope to see some tips of handling this incident!!

---------------- Marcus -----------------

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

take the trunk road to save yourself the trouble [flowerface] , and more challenging too.........

You mean the 'old" road?

Supercharged

- What brothers here will do if you really not in any faults, and they accuse you of this and that? How you handle this type of situations?

I will not pay if its not my fault. If they still want to summon, I will demand for a official summon.

If you want to report them to the authorities, remember to take down their name from the name tag on their uniform. But I don't know how successful will your complain be...

Edited by TVT

Neutral Newbie

I will not pay if its not my fault. If they still want to summon, I will demand for a official summon.

This is exactly what I think also, BUT , if/since we got no fault, we still ask for official summon, and are you gonna pay for it or appeal? This is very complicating sia............

So these are the questions......................

- When I maintained not exceeding 110km/hr and was still blocked and accused me that I over speed. I refused to pay "kopi Lwee" , twice I received the "real" summon and once they "let" me go.

Any ways if I were to report to their Authorities with video and photos evidence that "they" wanted "kopi lwee" ?

- Why I refused to hand them Kopi Lwee is that if Suay Suay they sue me for bribing them, worse right?

That is their way of life, their means of supporting their families.

The answer to both your question is to first decide what is your purpose there. Are u there to fight their bureaucracy and corruption? Or are u there just to get your own things done? Ultimately, my personal believe is that it pointless imposing something on another country's people if their people don't want it. You refuse to pay, but muddyland people all prefer to pay to get preferential treatment or be above the law, what do you think the muddyland coppies will do?

Neutral Newbie

That is their way of life, their means of supporting their families.

The answer to both your question is to first decide what is your purpose there. Are u there to fight their bureaucracy and corruption? Or are u there just to get your own things done? Ultimately, my personal believe is that it pointless imposing something on another country's people if their people don't want it. You refuse to pay, but muddyland people all prefer to pay to get preferential treatment or be above the law, what do you think the muddyland coppies will do?

Are u there to fight their bureaucracy and corruption?

Of course not, I do not have this ability too.

Or are u there just to get your own things done?

Yes, need to travel there, own things.

pointless imposing something on another country's people if their people don't want it

Not imposing, just seeking opinion if there are better ways handling. Thanks anyway!

Supercharged

This is exactly what I think also, BUT , if/since we got no fault, we still ask for official summon, and are you gonna pay for it or appeal? This is very complicating sia............

If they still insist I am at fault and don't let me go, I will ask for official summon. I won't waste my time with them. I would tell them to give me the summon (and I go reason with their superiors), or they let me go.

Neutral Newbie

If they still insist I am at fault and don't let me go, I will ask for official summon. I won't waste my time with them. I would tell them to give me the summon (and I go reason with their superiors), or they let me go.

Ya I know you will ask for the official summon, BUT are you gonna pay for it ( since you're not in fault )?

If yes, why you wanna pay?

If no, how you handle ?

Supercharged

Ya I know you will ask for the official summon, BUT are you gonna pay for it ( since you're not in fault )?

If yes, why you wanna pay?

If no, how you handle ?

I will probably give the summon to my MY relative and ask them for advise. If they can settled it, then move on. If they tell me no chance, then I just pay and move on too. [:(]

Then next time I travel on MY road I will take note this incident and avoid getting "caught" again.

Neutral Newbie

I will probably give the summon to my MY relative and ask them for advise. If they can settled it, then move on. If they tell me no chance, then I just pay and move on too. [:(]

Then next time I travel on MY road I will take note this incident and avoid getting "caught" again.

OIC, thanks!

But there's no way you can avoid getting "caught" if your car is Sg registered!!

Supercharged

But there's no way you can avoid getting "caught" if your car is Sg registered!!

If its your unlucky day, it'll be your unlucky day. That is what I think. No use worry or try your best to prevent it...take it and move on.

Btw, MY registered cars also get "caught"...no cars are spared, if they really want to catch. My MY relatives had kena such "summon" so many times, be it their fault or not, they kena until 'no feeling' already! [laugh]

I kenna a few mths ago after exiting turnoff to Tuas, in the dark,

First words to me was whether I want to go police station or pay on the spot.

I was stunned momentarily, didn't know what it was abt. :o

I must have looked real blur, he mumbled that I did 124kmph in a 110 zone.

When I replied that I had no time to go polis station(had 3 senior relatives with me),

He asked me to pay RM300 on the spot!

Told him that I don't have enough as I had spent it on the oldies,

Asked for summon instead, he rolled his eyes, took abt half hr to write one. :wacko: :angry:

Neutral Newbie

I kenna a few mths ago after exiting turnoff to Tuas, in the dark,

First words to me was whether I want to go police station or pay on the spot.

I was stunned momentarily, didn't know what it was abt. :o

I must have looked real blur, he mumbled that I did 124kmph in a 110 zone.

When I replied that I had no time to go polis station(had 3 senior relatives with me),

He asked me to pay RM300 on the spot!

Told him that I don't have enough as I had spent it on the oldies,

Asked for summon instead, he rolled his eyes, took abt half hr to write one. :wacko: :angry:

So he issued you an official 300RM summon? And you paid?

Of course not! I don't want to add more to their corruption, furthermore, don't know if they're legit,

Was given a pc of thin white paper with green lettering.

So dark there, can't read clearly.

Drove the hell away from them as soon as possible. [drivingcar]

Paid via visa in the end. The trouble I went thru for it is another story. :wacko:

Neutral Newbie

Of course not! I don't want to add more to their corruption, furthermore, don't know if they're legit,

Was given a pc of thin white paper with green lettering.

So dark there, can't read clearly.

Drove the hell away from them as soon as possible. [drivingcar]

Paid via visa in the end. The trouble I went thru for it is another story. :wacko:

So meaning even if you did not exceed the speed limit, you still ask for an official summon, and paid for it?

Is this Singaporeans style of handling things??

Hey, haven't u heard horror stories of what happened to S'poreans who antagonize these people,

whether they working in official capacity or not.

Whether I exceeded the limit or not, as long as we are there, we are @ their mercy; any charges can be trumped up against u!

Rather rant about them after we are safely on SG soil. [furious] [furious]

Becos I like driving as a leisure up north, I have to pay up

(maybe I didn't speed, that's why it took them so long to upload-some tweaking here & there)

For fear that I may get detained next time I cross the border. [sweatdrop]

Cannot play play..... The things they can do to u while in lockup! [bigcry][shocked][sweatdrop]

Not worth the RM150 you save!!

Neutral Newbie

Hey, haven't u heard horror stories of what happened to S'poreans who antagonize these people,

whether they working in official capacity or not.

Whether I exceeded the limit or not, as long as we are there, we are @ their mercy; any charges can be trumped up against u!

Rather rant about them after we are safely on SG soil. [furious] [furious]

Becos I like driving as a leisure up north, I have to pay up

(maybe I didn't speed, that's why it took them so long to upload-some tweaking here & there)

For fear that I may get detained next time I cross the border. [sweatdrop]

Cannot play play..... The things they can do to u while in lockup! [bigcry][shocked][sweatdrop]

Not worth the RM150 you save!!

LOL...... sorry to say, if all Sg reans like you.....they are HUAT AHHHHHHH!!!!

↡ Advertisement