Do you use your signal lights to indicate your intention?

Neutralsg

I remember back in the 70s when I was booked for not turning on my signal light when I attempt to filter from one lane to the next. Hence, I make it a point to always turn on my signal lights whenever I need to indicate my intention.

It seems fairly common to find drivers turning out from a junction or doing a filter without switching on their signal light to indicate their intention.

Are you often guilty of not turning on your signal light when there is a need to?

↡ Advertisement

I always do. Even my wife jokes with me as I give signal even in the midnight where there is no one around! I guess it is more of a practice. I hate those people do not signal - yes, I hate about 80% of the SIngapore drivers!

Neutral Newbie

Even in a MSCP whereas no car behind, I will just signal, I guess it's just habit.

Alternatively, in Singapore, the more you signal, the more other vehicle will just accelerate, don't want to let you "cut" "their" lane!!!

I always do. Even my wife jokes with me as I give signal even in the midnight where there is no one around! I guess it is more of a practice. I hate those people do not signal - yes, I hate about 80% of the SIngapore drivers!

Like you, I may be deemed a nut for such practice which has since become a 2nd nature when I drive. Driving can be quite frustrating when one has to apply defensive driving as a result of motorists signalling at the last minute or do not indicate their intention at all.

To support motorists using their signal lights, I will, as often as possible, give way to motorists who signals as opposed to those who do not unless defensive driving becomes necessary.

Cheers! and have a great weekend! [wave]

Even in a MSCP whereas no car behind, I will just signal, I guess it's just habit.

Alternatively, in Singapore, the more you signal, the more other vehicle will just accelerate, don't want to let you "cut" "their" lane!!!

While such unfriendly drivers exist, I also noticed that motorists can also be influenced to turn on their signal lights when I do. This is especially so at junctions, lane merging etc..

Child in car, signal, people close up gap and/or horn.

Child in car, don't signal, people tailgate & wanna race.

Alone in car, signal, people close gap, I drop gears to pull in front & squeeze in nicely.

Sometimes kanna highbeam or being horn at and I turn on rear fog lights on/off/on/off...

Most of the time, after a while, cannot see them already except for a SKE Merc.

He was curising slowly on lane 1 and I just enter the expressway filter in front of him.

Then he overtook me from centre and I saw this young chap behind the wheels.

Wanna yaya and I KL, follow him and what i believe it should be his home.

Funny thing, he dare to park and both of us somehow at standstill in the carpark.

And he took out his phone to snap my car picture.

Didn't do anything but I believe I did scare him alittle.

Hope that after my incident with me, he will behave while on the road.

Child in car, signal, people close up gap and/or horn.

Child in car, don't signal, people tailgate & wanna race.

Alone in car, signal, people close gap, I drop gears to pull in front & squeeze in nicely.

Sometimes kanna highbeam or being horn at and I turn on rear fog lights on/off/on/off...

Most of the time, after a while, cannot see them already except for a SKE Merc.

He was curising slowly on lane 1 and I just enter the expressway filter in front of him.

Then he overtook me from centre and I saw this young chap behind the wheels.

Wanna yaya and I KL, follow him and what i believe it should be his home.

Funny thing, he dare to park and both of us somehow at standstill in the carpark.

And he took out his phone to snap my car picture.

Didn't do anything but I believe I did scare him alittle.

Hope that after my incident with me, he will behave while on the road.

First qsn- where to install rear frog? I want one even if LTA have other ideas.

Then, what for that young punk took pic pple's car??

I remember back in the 70s when I was booked for not turning on my signal light when I attempt to filter from one lane to the next. Hence, I make it a point to always turn on my signal lights whenever I need to indicate my intention.

It seems fairly common to find drivers turning out from a junction or doing a filter without switching on their signal light to indicate their intention.

Are you often guilty of not turning on your signal light when there is a need to?

It does appear that more drivers are not well trained/understand the usefulness of trafficators these days.

So far so good. Seldom happened to me [laugh]

Like you, I may be deemed a nut for such practice which has since become a 2nd nature when I drive. Driving can be quite frustrating when one has to apply defensive driving as a result of motorists signalling at the last minute or do not indicate their intention at all.

To support motorists using their signal lights, I will, as often as possible, give way to motorists who signals as opposed to those who do not unless defensive driving becomes necessary.

Cheers! and have a great weekend! [wave]

I utilised those opportunities for sharpening my reflexes [laugh]

First qsn- where to install rear frog? I want one even if LTA have other ideas.

Then, what for that young punk took pic pple's car??

Foggy came stock.

Maybe V-Shape Grill make him horny.

Took picture & go back home PCC.

Just now at Singapore casket, moving off from single yellow lane (parking), signaled & cefiro closed the gap.

Haiz... I know wiper washer very powerful so have to stay in front of me... But it was raining lei...

i hate people who dont signal! [rifle] esp at those lanes that can either go straight or turn right, somehow will always encounter idiots who last min signal their intentions, or worst still is already stop at traffic light thinking they will go straight, then lights turn green and they turn right [furious]

↡ Advertisement