Do you use your signal lights to indicate your intention?

Neutralsg

Twincharged

Ownself approved signal lights?

Seems to be rerouted as the normal signal lights not flashing. Maybe DIY. Edited by Ysc3

Just a few week back, i on signal and the car behind me, next lane speed up and horn me. LTA officer behind heard the horn but stopped me and warn me even i have signal... must wait for the other car to slow down for me to change lane...... luckly he warn me only....never book me.

but think back... if really follow by the book, have to wait for some kind driver give away... 

More drivers indicate their intention to switch lanes compared to a decade ago. Now we just need more to realise that the signal light is not some magic wand and other cars will stop for you :)

Btw, I am also seeing more ppl using a couple of blink of hazard lights to thanks other drivers instead of waving their hands (cannot see with tinted rear windscreen). This a positive development.

Twincharged

More drivers indicate their intention to switch lanes compared to a decade ago. Now we just need more to realise that the signal light is not some magic wand and other cars will stop for you :)

Btw, I am also seeing more ppl using a couple of blink of hazard lights to thanks other drivers instead of waving their hands (cannot see with tinted rear windscreen). This a positive development.

Wind down window and or hand off to wave ?... I have seen a few of these.
  • Praise 1

Sometimes pple not happy also show hazard light leh. So how to differentiate thank you or f u when pple cut in front and then hazard?

I see many drivers on the road now just signal and then straight away cut into your lane, making you to jam brake or give way to the car if you dont want accident to happen. They signal already indicate that they are changing lane whether you give way or not. Lol.

Wind down window and or hand off to wave ?... I have seen a few of these.

Think such gesture happen more to buses when they are trying hard to filter from one lane to another lane? Lol.

Just a few week back, i on signal and the car behind me, next lane speed up and horn me. LTA officer behind heard the horn but stopped me and warn me even i have signal... must wait for the other car to slow down for me to change lane...... luckly he warn me only....never book me.

but think back... if really follow by the book, have to wait for some kind driver give away...

Maybe i did not understand your post too well.

Currently u "on" signal and just filter out? Without checking first or waiting for car behind to give way?

Pls follow by the book or at least the book i was taught go like this:

1. Good to plan journey ahead

2. Try to maintain travel on lane u likely to take left or right or u-turn as much as possible

3. Check FIRST that it will be safe to filter out THEN on signal.

These days, most dun plan route or have a mental knowledge where is what bldg or road or street etc. GPS took over most brains and they can expect car to become a plane to execute airborne moves like "turn left then turn right then keep left and in 200m your destination is on your right"

• Praise 2

Twincharged

That will work too tho it will take a bit more effort and time.

But it felt good when you see the other party take the effort to thank you.

Sometimes pple not happy also show hazard light leh. So how to differentiate thank you or f u when pple cut in front and then hazard?

haha depends on what u do lor,

if u just give way for someone to filter in and the car shows hazard light, 99% is thank u

if u refused to let someone filter in, he chase u and cut in, most probably f u

if u kiss someone backside, needless to say haha

haha depends on what u do lor,

if u just give way for someone to filter in and the car shows hazard light, 99% is thank u

if u refused to let someone filter in, he chase u and cut in, most probably f u

if u kiss someone backside, needless to say haha

There's once i change lane and gave the guy a thank you hazard light. End up he come beside me and point middle finger at me. 

From then on i don't hazard anymore.

• Praise 1

I don't know about people here but every time someone signals I always always speed up.

My MIL told me this.

And it's true.

:D

There's once i change lane and gave the guy a thank you hazard light. End up he come beside me and point middle finger at me.

From then on i don't hazard anymore.

Point middle finger is thank you lah.

My MIL ask me what middle finger means and I told her it's thanks you.

Now she says everytime she drives people always thanks her.

My MIL is a very bz lady. She never q up. She says just signal means can cut in.

Edited by Jamesc
  • Praise 1

Every time I cut in front of people I always accelerate away.

Too far for people to see any hand signals.

I wish people who cut in front of me do the same.

Please don't cut in and then drive slowly lah and show my hand signal thank you.

Drive faster and dun slow me down is thanks enough.

Edited by Jamesc
  • Praise 2

I won't encourage - or even support - it.

Indeed you should wait for others to give way, even if you got 'on signal'.

We must accept that those who have the right of way, has the 理 (道理)

and if you're trying to filter lane, and there're cars there, then you have to wait for 礼(礼让)。

This is the accepted norm and is safe for everyone. Have to signal early well in advance of the 'end point', so as to ensure you will meet some nice drivers will will give way - instead of everyone die die squeeze you out and dun let you in...

• Praise 1

I won't encourage - or even support - it.

Indeed you should wait for others to give way, even if you got 'on signal'.

We must accept that those who have the right of way, has the 理 (道理)

and if you're trying to filter lane, and there're cars there, then you have to wait for 礼(礼让)。

This is the accepted norm and is safe for everyone. Have to signal early well in advance of the 'end point', so as to ensure you will meet some nice drivers will will give way - instead of everyone die die squeeze you out and dun let you in...

But some drivers very fierce or their driving skills very good, the moment they signal they no scare the car behind dont give way, and they simply can just cut in until the car behind need to give way to avoid accident.

↡ Advertisement