Car rental in Singapore

Lovethecars

Neutral Newbie

Hi anyone know which car rental company got manual car to rent? Pls recommend. Thanks.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

Hi, I know this is for car rent but just want ask if anyone got lobang for van rental like Toyota hiace AUTO That allows no deposit or at least lower than 1 month deposit? I just got conned by a scammer hence not much left to upfront.

Have close to 2k upfront only. Please leave a contact or private message if there's any. Thank You!

• Praise 1

Supersonic

Hi, I know this is for car rent but just want ask if anyone got lobang for van rental like Toyota hiace AUTO That allows no deposit or at least lower than 1 month deposit? I just got conned by a scammer hence not much left to upfront.

Have close to 2k upfront only. Please leave a contact or private message if there's any. Thank You!

Did you report your case to the police?

Neutral Newbie

Did you report your case to the police?

I just met him and signed a agreement at a hdb void deck after testing the van, passing him $2500 for one month rental and one month deposit.

He told me the van will be ready in 2 days time but when I call over is a hi card can't get through anymore. Reported to police as well but seems like the chance of recovering it is gone as the number plate is probably fake as well. Should've just went to normal operating company!

Supersonic

I just met him and signed a agreement at a hdb void deck after testing the van, passing him $2500 for one month rental and one month deposit.

He told me the van will be ready in 2 days time but when I call over is a hi card can't get through anymore. Reported to police as well but seems like the chance of recovering it is gone as the number plate is probably fake as well. Should've just went to normal operating company!

Didn't issue any receipt to you upon signing the agreement? 

Neutral Newbie

Didn't issue any receipt to you upon signing the agreement?

He told me his house is just up the block and then he just took the lift up. I was too stupid to believe that and never follow him after. When I tried calling him the next day his phone cannot be called through anymore. His page also no longer around on Carousell.

Really plain stupidity from me to believe him and to go through Carousell!

Supersonic

He told me his house is just up the block and then he just took the lift up. I was too stupid to believe that and never follow him after. When I tried calling him the next day his phone cannot be called through anymore. His page also no longer around on Carousell.

Just treat it as a lesson learnt.

No matter what agreement you undergo for a purchase, must get a documentary proof to protect yourself. 

Neutral Newbie

Just treat it as a lesson learnt.

No matter what agreement you undergo for a purchase, must get a documentary proof to protect yourself.

Is only a rental I thought it's simple to go direct with owner. Huge lesson here!

Turbocharged

Haiz, think I type this many times over but will say again.

Always deal cash on delivery. Hand me the goods, I'll hand you the money. Just treat all deposit, up-front payment, pre-order deals as scams on carousell!!!

Neutral Newbie

Haiz, think I type this many times over but will say again.

Always deal cash on delivery. Hand me the goods, I'll hand you the money. Just treat all deposit, up-front payment, pre-order deals as scams on carousell!!!

Yes I agree. Really too late now for me to realise!

Neutral Newbie
The price is quite on the high side.

Hopefully they're up for negotiations. Will try to make a call to them tomorrow.

Anyway, I'm meeting another one to test drive tomorrow, not from company. In case that I'm comfortable with the vehicle and decide to rent it.

What can I do to ensure I don't be scammed? Or any ways to protect myself?

Supersonic

The price is quite on the high side.

Hopefully they're up for negotiations. Will try to make a call to them tomorrow.

Anyway, I'm meeting another one to test drive tomorrow, not from company. In case that I'm comfortable with the vehicle and decide to rent it.

What can I do to ensure I don't be scammed? Or any ways to protect myself?

Better to rent from those reputable companies. Pay more a bit to protect yourself.

Get a receipt/invoice from the guy.

Do not commit on full amount if possible. After usage, then pay the outstanding. 

And make sure the guy has a contactable number.

If anythings is not right or makes you uncomfortable, walk away. 

Neutral Newbie

Better to rent from those reputable companies. Pay more a bit to protect yourself.

Get a receipt/invoice from the guy.

Do not commit on full amount if possible. After usage, then pay the outstanding.

And make sure the guy has a contactable number.

If anythings is not right or makes you uncomfortable, walk away.

Sounds about right.

Any additional ways for me to verify that the vehicle indeed belongs to him?

Supersonic

This is really good! Thank you so much for sharing!

No problem.

Just don't trust so easily this time with your money.

↡ Advertisement