Delivery driver fined+banned from driving over biker's death

Darthrevan

A delivery driver was fined $8,000 and banned from driving for three years on Wednesday for causing the death of a motorcyclist along an expressway.

Lim Teck Thim, 53, admitted to making a lane switch from the extreme left to the second left lane of Ayer Rajah Expressway on Jan 7 last year without taking reasonable care, resulting in a collision with Mr Khoo Boon Ann's motorcycle.

The 25-year-old was thrown off his machine and run over by a trailer. He died on the spot.

Another charge of injuring civil defence officer Chan Bo San, 27, who was also on a motorcycle, was taken into consideration.

Source: http://www.straitstimes.com/BreakingNews/S...ory_790058.html

↡ Advertisement

Supercharged

I have said it few times in the past, our law is quite imbalance in putting a value in punishment over someone's death.

Road accidents causing death is the cheapest punishment the culript can get, compared to other kinds of death-related activities.

And this is really unfair to the road victims.

Drug smuggling more than 10mg, gets death sentence. You kill someone on the road, only fine $8k and not even a single day in jail. Any one with normal IQ can tell what's wrong with the law.....

no wonder we see more accidents on the road....

I think dey took d fella's age into consideration while sentencing. Perhaps dey feel no point sending a senior citizen to jail since his rice bowl more or less affected.

But hope d victim's family got a payout fm insurance.

YUP! tats life here in Singapore Island..

My best friend was on his bike when a luxury sedan hit him from behind.

He flung off his bike..The car sped off. A taxi driver witnessed the whole incident and reported to the authority.

The BEST PART IS THAT , the culprit claimed that he was not aware that he actually hit someone despite

having a witness. Unfortunately he got away with only 8 Demerit points and $800 fine.. The culprit is the

owner of a construction company in Singapore...My friend survived the accident but sad to say that he is now

permanently disabled..

To the culprit, maybe u got away this time but remember this- wat goes around ,comes around..and urs is

gonna be horrible.

He flung off his bike..The car sped off. A taxi driver witnessed the whole incident and reported to the authority.

The BEST PART IS THAT , the culprit claimed that he was not aware that he actually hit someone despite

having a witness. Unfortunately he got away with only 8 Demerit points and $800 fine.. The culprit is the

owner of a construction comp

any in Singapore...My friend survived the accident but sad to say that he is now

permanently disabled..

To the culprit, maybe u got away this time but remember this- wat goes around ,comes around..and urs is

gonna be horrible.

this kinda drivers will get their karma!! My bike accident was also caused by an irresponsible driver and I'm now permanently disabled on my left knee :angry:

Agreed... Road accidentS gets too little punishments

Don't be too quick in your comment...accident do happen due to a short lapse of concentration...I'm sure the driver is regretting his carelessness .....imagine you are the drive or relative of the driver...do u still make the above comment?...

That's the loophole.

Just claim don't know and not aware.

Or at best thought it was just a tree trunk, and blamed ENV for not sweeping the road clean.

My ex-regular after retired got banged by a taxi when he was riding. One of his leg was amputated and he couldn't carry on working in his new job of 6 mths.

Before the accident he was an avid martial arts expert but now he need the help of a walking stick.......

However he wasn't too sad 'cos he told me now though he can no longer ride a bike, he bought a car and he can park at the handicapped lot which is near to the entrance of any establishment.

Not really loop hole coz accidents as the name is called & defined by authority is not "intentional"..

So if wanna kill some1 u like on the road..u can "accident" him too..but make sure u driving a bigger car, maybe trailer or something.

owner of a construction company in Singapore...My friend survived the accident but sad to say that he is now

permanently disabled..

gonna be horrible.

Sigh....bikers are really vulnerable. My friend was whacked by ??? at outram junction and was left laying in the middle of the junction. horrible hit and run. Luckily he survived with multiple abrasions and fractures. And the repairs for the bike he has to pay from his own pocket.

↡ Advertisement