Seatbelt too short for child's seat

KARTer

A friend's rear seat belt in his City is too short to secure the baby seat for his baby. Kah Motor doesn't sell a longer belt.

Any bro has solutions for this?

Go scrap-yard / assessory shops to get a longer one that fits the anchor points on the car? Or it's not so straight forward for safety reasons?

Thank you.

↡ Advertisement

A friend's rear seat belt in his City is too short to secure the baby seat for his baby. Kah Motor doesn't sell a longer belt.

Any bro has solutions for this?

Go scrap-yard / assessory shops to get a longer one that fits the anchor points on the car? Or it's not so straight forward for safety reasons?

Thank you.

This is an unusual situation, because the seat belt would be expect to accomodate a big-size adult [about same size as a baby seat].

Suggest your friend check again the instructions for the baby seat.

For some baby seat design, the seat belt pass through a channel behind the baby seat.

This is an unusual situation, because the seat belt would be expect to accomodate a big-size adult [about same size as a baby seat].

Suggest your friend check again the instructions for the baby seat.

For some baby seat design, the seat belt pass through a channel behind the baby seat.

Thanks, never thought of this. Will ask him read again. [:)]

Likely that the belt needs to loop into some recess. Seat belt is normally long enough for child seat.

I just bought child seat bases that use ISOFIX, so don't need to use seat belt.

Turbocharged

The seatbelt for my vios is also too short. Supposed to loop to the top and bottom ends but i looped to both the bottom ends instead.

Neutral Newbie

good thread. haha..

my Vios seatbelt is 'just nice'.

'just nice' to the point that when i need to take out the baby seat, i will end up sweating like siao.

The seatbelt for my vios is also too short. Supposed to loop to the top and bottom ends but i looped to both the bottom ends instead.

The danger of looping only at the bottom of the seat can cause the seat to topple in an emergency stop.

Turbocharged

The danger of looping only at the bottom of the seat can cause the seat to topple in an emergency stop.

It's secured. Unlikely to come out from the loop unless the seat belt unfastened.

↡ Advertisement