Landmark Education/Forum series

Sofarsogood

Hello all,

Anyone heard or attended Landmark Forum education? They do conduct sessions here in Singapore. Just wanted to find out from attendees on what they have gained.

Rgds

↡ Advertisement

Hello all,

Anyone heard or attended Landmark Forum education? They do conduct sessions here in Singapore. Just wanted to find out from attendees on what they have gained.

Rgds

No one?

I've attended it. It's like a cult and a waste of money. I had to waste 3.5 days in the course learning nothing much. The course starts at 9am and ends at 10pm. You end up very tired at the end of the course, which makes you vulnerable for manipulation.

The first day is pretty much about introducing oiurselves. Some people talk about their personal problems in front of strangers, making them vulnerable. Then the trainer merely shared that there is a difference between "fact", i.e. what actually happens, and "interpretation", i.e. your own perception. What made the course very dreary was that a single point made by the trainer took many hours to be shared by different people.

On the second day, the trainer talked about engaging people that you are "inauthentic" with or had some conflict with on an "enrollment conversation" or frank discussion. The rest of it is just sharing by strangers, making you vulnerable again. There's even some idea that we need to abolish fear in order to live life to the fullest!

What the course aims to achieve is to make you sign up for more courses, and to volunteer your time on weekends to help the course facilitators. At the end you would have wasted a lot of your time and money!

If you feel that you want to improve, you can always sign up for motivational courses. Just to let you know that the roots of Landmark Forum is from the church of Scientology.

http://www.cultnews.com/?p=2124

↡ Advertisement