Fren ask me for Career Advice

FastFastCar

Can ask your friend to check whether he need that extra money to get over every month?

Does his new job have better prospect than the previous?

changing job there will always be a risk involved but you never know unless you try.

Okay, I will ask him that.

change lah. your friend's mental health is worth more than a mere 1.3k right.

True but after 8 months can get a Panerai ley.....but why is the worth of a man define so much by money and his position in singapore

Sabbie,

If you friend can open his a$$ as much as you open your mouth then for sure he will be very rich :D

Don't like that la, I heard you are a high flying banker of the non-liquid kind, care to share your success story?

change lah. your friend's mental health is worth more than a mere 1.3k right.

I believe the reverse to be more applicable here. More pay less stress and responsiblility. Example: my new job just like that compare with previous [laugh]

the fren is you har?

no pains no gain la.

u will learn how to handle or avoid stress in time.....i think. [:p] [:p]

Not me la, I decided to take my 400K, convert to reminbi, 2.5million, and go to jiangxi farm, and become farmer with my laopo....she told me 2.5million can have a relaxing life there....

I believe the reverse to be more applicable here. More pay less stress and responsiblility. Example: my new job just like that compare with previous [laugh]

What's your new job? trading FX at home?

Turbocharged

I got a fren, age 34, earning 7.9K a month in a high risk and high stress job, he feels tired and stress out and is thinking of taking up a lower risk and lower stress job at 6.7K a month, he is in a dilemma as he does not know to choose higher pay or lower stress and perhaps more happiness in his life.

I don't know how to advise him as for me I feel that money is very important. What would you choose, lower pay for better quality of life or higher pay for sucky life?

Please advise sensibly as he is my good fren.

It depends on his family situation, really. Why is he going for a lower risk and lower stress job? If he is married and now with young children, and he wants to spend more time with them - sure, advise him to go ahead. Grossing 6.7K a month is still enough for a comfortable family life, I can tell you that.

But if he's single, he should still 'chiong' and go for high earnings... what stress?? Wait until he has wife and kids to take care of... then he will understand what is real 'stress'. I note that he is still quite young, i.e. 34. At this age, if he's still single, should not be thinking of relax

It depends on his family situation, really. Why is he going for a lower risk and lower stress job? If he is married and now with young children, and he wants to spend more time with them - sure, advise him to go ahead. Grossing 6.7K a month is still enough for a comfortable family life, I can tell you that.

But if he's single, he should still 'chiong' and go for high earnings... what stress?? Wait until he has wife and kids to take care of... then he will understand what is real 'stress'. I note that he is still quite young, i.e. 34. At this age, if he's still single, should not be thinking of relax

I think his job is quite high risk high performance high compliance type, alot of things can happen one that can make him lose his job, I guess he feels worn out that's why, so how long you think he should chiong for? Till 40? Think he is intending to get married in 2 years time.

I think his job is quite high risk high performance high compliance type, alot of things can happen one that can make him lose his job, I guess he feels worn out that's why, so how long you think he should chiong for? Till 40? Think he is intending to get married in 2 years time.

First maybe ask him is he comfortable with a lower standard of living to suit his new but lower pay?

Don't like that la, I heard you are a high flying banker of the non-liquid kind, care to share your success story?

Some pple do burn $10,000 bank notes to pass time :D , even when it's not seventh month

Turbocharged

Yup, 40+, I guess. At his current earning potential, he should aim to build up his savings and make the necessary investments. As he's still single, his aim should be to 'chiong' and then retire early. This is also a good way to de-stress. Imagine he just got to work another 10-15 years, can already retire.

While many of us on the usual jobs nowadays have to slog till 62, and then they offer you some more, on lower pay! [dead]

So, bottomline is, high stress for a short period with a goal in mind to retire early, or low stress but stretched out over a longer time.

Edited by Sosaria

I got a fren, age 34, earning 7.9K a month in a high risk and high stress job, he feels tired and stress out and is thinking of taking up a lower risk and lower stress job at 6.7K a month, he is in a dilemma as he does not know to choose higher pay or lower stress and perhaps more happiness in his life.

I don't know how to advise him as for me I feel that money is very important. What would you choose, lower pay for better quality of life or higher pay for sucky life?

Please advise sensibly as he is my good fren.

I thought you are jack of all trades (incl being a general consultant) although master of none. :D

On a serious note, how can we ever give advice to one whom we don't know when you, being one who knows him cannot?

Obviously, to be able to share the right opinion would be easier if one knows another's character, personality, family background etc., but not for one who doesn't have the benefit of such information. Hence, you will end up with many 'experts' who may feel high after posting their 'advice'.

Ask those who are your mutual friends with him lah. Will be more proper and realistic than coming here for advice.

Have a nice weekend!

Edited by Neutralsg

Meaning shut by stuffing a tampon? :o

That's SBST Uncle Foo, not STFU, you getting old leow, need to wear glasses. [laugh]

↡ Advertisement