• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
89 replies to this topic | 45 praises

Posted 21 April 2012 - 11:03 PM

Gilahonda
  • Premium member
    Gilahonda
    3rd Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Can someone enlighten me what is the difference between civic 1.8a and civic 1.8 vtis?
Which is the better model?Which model with paddle shift?More accessories?
Thanks!

Posted 22 April 2012 - 01:16 AM

Gilahonda
  • Premium member
    Gilahonda
    3rd Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

no one can help???

Posted 22 April 2012 - 01:22 AM

Steptronic
  • Steptronic
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

1.8A has only the stick gear shift like P, R, N, D, D2 etc..., where as 1.8VTI-s does have the paddle shifters with the steering. I do not know if there is a difference in trim between the two.

Posted 22 April 2012 - 03:16 AM

Kiadaw
  • Kiadaw
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

Am I missing something? You are not telling me you are going to buy the new civic?

New civic price

The 1.8A cost 172k! for a civic, & 2/5 stars review rating....

Must be die hard fan, but seeing your nick, I guess so. Well, I can't help much but I am constantly surprise by the support for this brand...

Posted 22 April 2012 - 04:18 AM

Lilblackrabbit
  • Lilblackrabbit
    1st Gear
    Author Image

Am I missing something? You are not telling me you are going to buy the new civic?

New civic price

Must be die hard fan, but seeing your nick, I guess so. Well, I can't help much but I am constantly surprise by the support for this brand...

Geez that's a lot of money for a mere civic biggrin.gif

Posted 22 April 2012 - 04:46 AM

Chucky2007
  • Premium member
    Chucky2007
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

New civic price

Wow civic cost $172k! I didn't know that.. A 2.5litre new Murano 205k.. Seems more worth it..
有❤️就好👌
多做少说,多听👂少讲
做人吃点亏,莫占人便宜

Posted 22 April 2012 - 07:37 AM

Gilahonda
  • Premium member
    Gilahonda
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

Nah,i givin the new civic a miss.........its just too ex and too ugly.im toyin with the idea of gettin the civic FD 1.8a but the diff between 1.8a and 1.8a vtis really confuses me....

Posted 22 April 2012 - 07:46 AM

Gilahonda
  • Premium member
    Gilahonda
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

thks bro.....but wat confuses me is that I have seen some civic 1.8a vtis w/o paddle shifters and controls on steering wheel.some 1.8a also dont have the integrated audio dashboard (the one that comes standard instead they have aftermarket cheap unit just like the 1.6 ltr ones).

the other day went to test drive a 07 civic vtis model,but the 2nd hand dealer keeps harpin that its a vtis model when I think i noe that a vtis comes with paddle shifters,audio controls on steering and a vti engine.end up didnt buy since it looked rather fishy although the unit i test drove was well maintained.

Posted 22 April 2012 - 08:05 AM

Weewee1976
  • Premium member
    Weewee1976
    4th Gear
    Author Image

thks bro.....but wat confuses me is that I have seen some civic 1.8a vtis w/o paddle shifters and controls on steering wheel.some 1.8a also dont have the integrated audio dashboard (the one that comes standard instead they have aftermarket cheap unit just like the 1.6 ltr ones).

the other day went to test drive a 07 civic vtis model,but the 2nd hand dealer keeps harpin that its a vtis model when I think i noe that a vtis comes with paddle shifters,audio controls on steering and a vti engine.end up didnt buy since it looked rather fishy although the unit i test drove was well maintained.

Those Civic that don't come with integrated audio and side mirror indicators were from PIs. They are the 1.8A G model, the most basic model for Civic. But no matter which mode, all came with the same i-VTEC 1.8A R18 engine (not VTI engine as you've mentioned).

Posted 22 April 2012 - 08:04 PM

Vblaster_w211
  • Vblaster_w211
    5th Gear
    Author Image

$171K for a 1.8 Civic? No wonder Merc C Class 1.6 Kompressor is selling so well.

Posted 22 April 2012 - 08:16 PM

Kungming
  • Kungming
    4th Gear
    Author Image

Wow they dun even bother to bring in the 2L version liao.

Dun think I have seen any 2012 civics on the road. Maybe not eye-catching enough for me.

biggrin.gif

Posted 22 April 2012 - 08:25 PM

Old-driver
  • Old-driver
    6th Gear
    Author Image

New civic price

At this price level, they'll be hard pressed to sell even a few units a month

Posted 22 April 2012 - 08:41 PM

Aj5122003
  • Aj5122003
    Clutched
    Author Image

with Coe prices so high right now, who wants a civic.

Posted 22 April 2012 - 10:34 PM

Picanto

someone foolish

Posted 22 April 2012 - 11:01 PM

Gilahonda
  • Premium member
    Gilahonda
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

seekin to buy 06-07 civic vtis 1.8a.must have paddle shifts,integrated audio.non PI car.either black or white paintjob only.black on black or white on beige.........
do pm me.sincere buyer.thks!!!

Edited by Gilahonda, 22 April 2012 - 11:02 PM.

Posted 22 April 2012 - 11:14 PM

Soran
  • Premium member
    Soran
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

At this kind of stupid pricing i rather buy VW Passat

Posted 23 April 2012 - 12:00 AM

Davidtkl
  • Davidtkl
    Supercharged
    Author Image

Seriously, not worth buying a car at prevailing COE prices. Though one might be able to afford it, it looks silly to pay so much for the right to own a car for 10 yrs.

Keep your current ride if you have one.

Edited by Davidtkl, 23 April 2012 - 12:28 AM.

Posted 23 April 2012 - 12:21 AM

Porche
  • Premium member
    Porche
    Supercharged
    Author Image

so lucky i change my ride last year

Posted 23 April 2012 - 01:03 AM

Jfkoh
  • Jfkoh
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

you are not buying doesn't mean others not buying..

my friend just bought a new jazz for 110k.. if were you, would you buy?

Posted 23 April 2012 - 02:21 AM

Weilun87
  • Weilun87
    Clutched
    Author Image

car is onli for the rich now

as mentioned 150k for c180 and 110k for jazz
many saying might as well get mers 40k nia

its 40k we are talking bout here
4k a year
350 per month(not including interest)

in the past 40k avante and 80k civic
ppl dont say might as well top up 40k for civic

now coe price go up, cars become more ex, doesnt it make more sense to get a cheaper car then?
instead the reverse, ppl are getting more expensive cars when coe goes up.

just doesnt sound logical does it?

Back to Japanese Talk  ·  Car Brands Top Reply to this topic

Related user reviews on sgCarMart.com

Honda Civic

Honda Civic  |  Rating   Submit Review

Reviewed by Ahronron  |  Neutral Newbie

Review for 1.5T for a almost 2 year owner

As a previous owner of Honda (Jazz), the ride has not failed to live up to its hype. It is great looking, powerful (speaking from the angle of 1.5T) and a fun ride (with some enhancements done, e.G. Tuning / sound proofing). With the above, t... » Read More

Honda Civic

Honda Civic  |  Rating   Submit Review

Reviewed by VictorTQT  |  3rd Gear

Compromise best in term of performance, value and comfort

I used to drove a Honda Civic 2.0AT 2006 when I was in Vietnam before. Recently I has just bought my first car in Singapore and I wanted to choose a close to 10 year car for COE renewal. Although had a headache between choosing between Toyota... » Read More

Related New Cars search on sgCarMart.com : Honda Civic

Quick Reply

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Google (1)