U can no longer user your parts for RiverView Auto

Torque6

wah [knife][thumbsdown]

outside many shops willing to do at $40 ..bring own oil and oil filter + checking other areas for you if need to change (so can earn abit back but no obligation to change there also la)

one workshop even changed spark plug for me FOC (i brought my own)

$100 can fully service my car liao man!!

↡ Advertisement

market so competitive do this kind stunt

business too good or make enuf money liao, so must reduce the number of cars! ^_^

Turbocharged

Maybe has something to do with there being more Mercs on the road now, so customer base expand, can afford to be more picky.

This is the automobile industry version of:

NO OUTSIDE FOOD ALLOWED

Turbocharged

i kick them out 2yrs ago. charges damn high even though parts are from them.

original brake pad + installation = about S$260-S$280

I went to stockist to buy the original pad and ask ws to install = less than S$130.

i stopped going RV since one of their partner break away from RV and started his own workshop @ sin ming ....

the so-called friendly boss at RV is only lip service. i know they are in biz but they are getting more commericalised, and lack of personal touch

wish them success.

Another satisfied customer of CARS? [sly][laugh]

Neutral Newbie

Care to share the new workshop at Sin Ming? Thanks

i stopped going RV since one of their partner break away from RV and started his own workshop @ sin ming ....

the so-called friendly boss at RV is only lip service. i know they are in biz but they are getting more commericalised, and lack of personal touch

wish them success.

Turbocharged

I have always had high regards for Vincent, he comes across as putting customers first. I believe alot of people would attest to his repo with the customers on this forum.

However after charging me for "using your own parts", he bear grudges for over a year and told me off last week saying that "I CANNOT BRING MY OWN" spares parts anymore.

Oh well, up for awareness. Looking for other reliable workshops now for Merc.

I have stopped going to RV bec I felt they are pricey.

To be fair to them, they are transparent with their pricing now.

http://www.riverviewauto.com.sg/majorServicing.php

Are you sure they do not allow you to bring your own stuff? Bec their website does provide for customers who still wish to bring your own parts.

How workshop make money? Labour and spare parts.If every body start to bring thier own parts, how is the workshop going to make money?Let say for example,a workshop charge $20 labour for a customer with own engine oil and plugs.If the whole day only got 10 customer and all of them hv thier own oil and plugs. They will only hv $200. How to cover rental, 2-4 mechanics 1-2 admin girl,PUB bills and many more.

Neutral Newbie

I stopped gg to river view since they charge a fee to bring own oil... Bye bye Vincent, they ate forcing me to use the oil they carry but since I dun like the brand n u charge if I bring my own than bye bye lor. Not only u pro with benz or mark x

Turbocharged

How workshop make money? Labour and spare parts.If every body start to bring thier own parts, how is the workshop going to make money?Let say for example,a workshop charge $20 labour for a customer with own engine oil and plugs.If the whole day only got 10 customer and all of them hv thier own oil and plugs. They will only hv $200. How to cover rental, 2-4 mechanics 1-2 admin girl,PUB bills and many more.

Autosaver never object or say they want to charge me extra when I bring my own oil. There are more than just oil and plugs lah. Not everyone brings lock, stock and barrel to change parts.

Most I know bring oil and plugs and maybe brake pads. Unless it's a huge item like suspension where most will approach the wkshp and check labour rates. Maybe autosaver will be closing down soon.

It's RV's prerogative to charge what they like but as a business, they must be prepared for brickbats from customers who are used to the old service that have been phased out?

Went there once...service i find quite good, long wait, mcm like see doctor in A&E, do 1 full service, i waited 1 whole day.

but price...hmmmmmm..

Bring your own parts and oil to workshop are like bringing your tea bag to coffee shop and ask for hot water. Every workshop has XX amount of profit target when they service a car and a significant part of it come from the oil and parts. Their operation cost like rental and labour are the same even when you bring your own stuff. Your car will occupy a hoist and use the same labour. It is only fair when they charge you extra to make up for their losses in profit from parts. Their service is not cheap so if cheap is your priority, I think they are not suitable for you.

vincent had a partner??

from wat i know, RV used to be owned by 3 partners...... 1 has left

you can chit chat with the older worker there for juicy stories....

Turbocharged

i did mine 2 weeks ago at kenny....... $50.

wanted to do alighment at riverview but got a long wait.

so went over to kenny... and did mine this afternoon. $70.

they increase so fast or just chopped me carrot? <_<

↡ Advertisement