Nissan Leaf launched at $88K

Kt2u

Nissan leaf? What a funny name? I guess this leaf seems like the replacement model of latio?!

Looks like you have not heard? Leaf is selling like hot cakes in the states...

base on specs... can travel about 160km per charge so essentially caters to family users mostly...

but does it solve congestion issues?

Real world should be around 70%-80% of stated specs...

It takes around 4hrs if on level 2 charging at 75amp....dont think you can get that kind of amp on normal charging station which officially only 5 i think. There's another one at Bedok point though...if on landed, then you can adjust accordingly as I believe landed are accorded 100amp...correct me if I am wrong...

Nissan leaf? What a funny name? I guess this leaf seems like the replacement model of latio?!

It is a electric car.

Green car, that's why call leaf.

This car cannot sell in Singapore lah. How to charge in HDB?

for most of this cars

they will state the approx distance the car can travel before need to be recharge

but seldom can see they report how long it takes to make the battery flat

imagine kena caught in traffic jam 3hrs sg side another 3hrs jb side

base on specs... can travel about 160km per charge so essentially caters to family users mostly...

but does it solve congestion issues?

I am a participant in the LTA trial, been driving a LEAF since mid-2012.

For me actual range seems to be more like 110 to 120km.

I have never experienced a flat battery so I don't know exactly. The most I've driven between charges was about 110km. I've never seen the turtle icon which supposedly shows up during its last 1 mile or so.

Although there is no COE and road tax, there is a $1600 per year "Special Purpose Licence"... which is more than road tax.

Also there is a compulsory $180 per month subscription for unlimited charging, while I only drive enough to consume about $35 per month of electricity per month. (500 to 600 km per month)

Accelerator pedal response has a distinctly immediate, smooth feel.

• Praise 1

I have never experienced a flat battery so I don't know exactly. The most I've driven between charges was about 110km. I've never seen the turtle icon which supposedly shows up during its last 1 mile or so.

Although there is no COE and road tax, there is a $1600 per year "Special Purpose Licence"... which is more than road tax.

Also there is a compulsory $180 per month subscription for unlimited charging, while I only drive enough to consume about $35 per month of electricity per month. (500 to 600 km per month)

Do u experience "low batt anxiety"?

Do u experience "low batt anxiety"?

I don't, but it may be because of my circumstances.

My Office--Home roundtrip (both-ways) distance is about 25km.

My travel pattern is mostly routine, I seldom have to go far without prior notice.

My household has other cars to use.

Sure there is a difference when driving the LEAF compared to normal cars, I have to be more aware of travel distances and how much charge remains. But I get used to it. I wouldn't call it anxiety.

I definitely agree that a EV with only ~100km is only be suitable for some lifestyles.

(edited)

How do you sign up?

Edited by L_club23

How do you sign up?

If things have not changed since mid-2012...

Just contact Tan Chong Motors and ask about the LEAF.

The scheme is known as TIDES+.

There was quite a lot of paperwork to go thru, and it was only open to companies rather than individuals.

Things may have changed.

The number plate is in half yellow half blue?

If things have not changed since mid-2012...

Just contact Tan Chong Motors and ask about the LEAF.

The scheme is known as TIDES+.

There was quite a lot of paperwork to go thru, and it was only open to companies rather than individuals.

Things may have changed.

Criteria is also to be stayingvin a landed house? Else how to charge battery?

Wonder what batt are being used for the leaf, for Prius, the batt doesn't last once it's overnight, but while driving charge and discharge, it's excellent.

I wish electric car manufacturers could innovate their vehicles further. For example, shrink the battery size and make it removable. In other words, the driver can bring the battery pack to his house for recharge, then slot it in again for the next journey. In this way, residents living in high storeys can also drive electric cars.

• Praise 1

Wonder what batt are being used for the leaf, for Prius, the batt doesn't last once it's overnight, but while driving charge and discharge, it's excellent.

For people who drive once every 2 days or once every 3 days, Prius not suitable since cannot hold charge?

I wish electric car manufacturers could innovate their vehicles further. For example, shrink the battery size and make it removable. In other words, the driver can bring the battery pack to his house for recharge, then slot it in again for the next journey. In this way, residents living in high storeys can also drive electric cars.

Have you carried the normal car battery? It's like 20kg.. I wouldn't be surprise if those electric car batt is more than 50kg.. I would find it absolute chore to carry a 10kg batt in and out of car everyday..

↡ Advertisement