I Simply Don't Have That Strong Feeling Anymore.

Picnic06-Biante15

CNA news report : NDP 2012 to reflect Singaporeans' love for country

By Joanne Chan | Posted: 25 April 2012 1648 hrs

SINGAPORE: This year's National Day Parade (NDP) hopes to be a time for Singaporeans to reflect on their love for the country, with the theme "Loving Singapore, Our Home" .

And this year's organisers hope to get Singaporeans to express their love for the country, through video or photo contests.

The man tasked with running the parade smoothly certainly knows the theme well.

The parade's executive committee chairman, Colonel Desmond Tan, said: "From the smallest thing like having a nice breakfast with my family, to the moments I stepped down from a long flight and coming home to Changi Airport, these are the moments I cherish.

"But most of all, Singapore is where I'm born, and where I grew up and where I lived out my dreams and this is where my family and friends are."

Singapore's 47th birthday celebration promises to be a visual treat, bringing back old favourites, such as the combined school choir, last seen two years ago.

Other crowd favourites include the marching contingents, the flag fly-past and the Red Lions freefall display.

The parade will also feature a salute to 45 years of National Service.

I used to be proud of Singapore, serve my NS with pride, endure all tough training whether in rain or shine, whether chiong 'Peng Kang Hill' or Marsiling Hills, going weeks without bath. Nowadays, hot or rainy weather, training cancelled... <_<

So proud to own a 5 rooms HDB flat back in the 80's but now, I am worried for my children whether they can affort a 3 ~ 4 rooms HDB flats,

So proud to own a 7 seater car years back but now, feel sad when my oversea friends ask me why the piece of 'Paper' value could have fetch them 2 or 3 2000cc cars in their coutries. A less than 1.5cc car cost almost S$90K ???

Quote what Colonel Desmond Tan, said: "From the smallest thing like having a nice breakfast with my family, to the moments I stepped down from a long flight and coming home to Changi Airport, these are the moments I cherish.

"But most of all, Singapore is where I'm born, and where I grew up and where I lived out my dreams and this is where my family and friends are."

Singapore is Where I'm born, thats a facts, Where I grew Up, no choice as not born with 'silver spoon' & have to work my way up and lastly Where I lived out my dreams, have too not where to go as I set up my family here.

Am I going to get 'nightmare' instead of dreams in coming years? HDB price soars, car price soars, medical fee soars, dental fee lagi soars, food price soars, Uni fee soars, public transportations fee soars (although at a slower pace), my CPF minimum deposit also soars to $131,000/-, age to withdraw CPF going up.... [:(]

The theme "Loving Singapore, Our Home" , I will try my very best, no promises... -_--_-

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

And this year's organisers hope to get Singaporeans to express their love for the country, through video or photo contests.

yah...take peekture of all those cardboard old folks, the over crowded MRT, the floods, the FT infested places...etc

I was very proud and strongly felt when SG was celebrating their 25th years of nation building.

I sang my heart out those national day songs. Everywhere I go, can see those hdb flats flying our national flag in every unit. Every lamposts are decorated, the feeling is so different and strong then.

Now hardly see every units of hdb flat flying our national flag.... -_-

That's the only time where we really saw 'Red & White' everywhere but getting lesser and lesser every years from there on.... :ph34r:

the smash mrt glass doors will win ... -_-

lol, guess what? I thought about the same thing but the angry bird version when I saw the 1st post [laugh]

I was very proud and strongly felt when SG was celebrating their 25th years of nation building.

I sang my heart out those national day songs. Everywhere I go, can see those hdb flats flying our national flag in every unit. Every lamposts are decorated, the feeling is so different and strong then.

That's the only time where we really saw 'Red & White' everywhere but getting lesser and lesser every years from there on.... :ph34r:

sad but what to do? this whole thing is getting less of a nation and more of a corporation. check out the effects of corportisation on a small scale:

http://www.soshiok.com/article/18659

http://www.soshiok.com/article/18671

Hypersonic

This is the reality. <_< Very soon 25,000 will be coming every year to replace us. Very soon, we can't even call sinkies sinkies anymore [bigcry] Like the dinosaurs, we are facing extinction [bigcry]

In one of his statement, this Colonel Desmond Tan guy " hope to get Singaporeans to express their love for the country " :ph34r:

Does Singapore express love for true born Singaporean... -_-

Hypersonic

In one of his statement, this Colonel Desmond Tan guy " hope to get Singaporeans to express their love for the country " :ph34r:

Does Singapore express love for true born Singaporean... -_-

They stay in Planet Elite so they do not know what is happening on Planet Earth. <_<

Same here.

This year lagi no mood to celebrate because soon everyday will be holiday for me. Job market LOOKS promising but ........ [:(]

↡ Advertisement