How much do you think is needed to lead a comfortable life?

Chewbacca

How much do you think is needed to lead a comfortable life?  

81 members have voted

1. 1. X is in terms of income per year.

• X < 60K
    • 60K < X <= 70k
    • 70K < X <=80K
    • 80K < X <= 90K
    • 90K < X <=100K
    • 100K < X <=120K
    • 120K <X <=140K
    • 140K < X <=160K
    • X > 160K

i'm very sure $450k pa cannot do all that......not unless you have been at it for the last 15yrs

Yes ... thereabouts.

It's cumulative.

↡ Advertisement

ask a cleaner auntie, maybe she will wish to have the amount earned by that engineer in the company she works in. Ask the engineer, maybe he will say the banker friend of his who took finance instead of engineering and now working in the CBD. Ask the banker and he will want something like the CEO pay. Ask the CEO, maybe he wants warren Buffet pay....... seems like no end to it.

talk c--k la this thread. What is your agenda? What is the target audience? Ask yourself what are you trying to achieve by doing this useless survey. How much is enough? Some jokers are comfortable with earning 1K per month others not happy earning $3.5k per month. You should up the catergories to 1Million or few billions. If there are billions i will click to vote.

F**K off lar.

Are you so f--king dumb that you can't understand that I want to know what is the definition of 'comfortable' by doing this survey? Use your brains for a while, please, instead of mouthing off the minute you see something. It's up there for a reason. Try using it.

Hypersonic

Then time to do reverse-mortgage? Gahmen says one ......

I think reverse mortage is so wrong. First off, you work hard to pay off the mortage on your HDB. Because you spent all of your CPF to pay it off and have no money for retirement, you return the flat to gahmen cheaply who pays you a little amount every month from the money that you gave them. And that is hardly enough to cover the basics. In the end, you end up with nothing and gahmen got your money and your property <_<

Assuming as it is. That is, CPI remains at exactly like this for the rest of your life.

Yes, comfortable is subjective, driving a BnB maybe comfortable to some, but not to others. This I know, so it's up to your own definition.

Not trying to judge or anything. I'm just curious about the level of expectations for the people in this forum.

For me.....I think $120K should be quite reasonable.

You don't have to reveal what you chose if you don't want to.

U talking abt household income or individual income?

Assuming as it is. That is, CPI remains at exactly like this for the rest of your life.

Yes, comfortable is subjective, driving a BnB maybe comfortable to some, but not to others. This I know, so it's up to your own definition.

Not trying to judge or anything. I'm just curious about the level of expectations for the people in this forum.

For me.....I think $120K should be quite reasonable.

You don't have to reveal what you chose if you don't want to.

U talking abt household income or individual income?

No car to drive is comfort

No need to take bus / walk is best

No worries abut unpaid bills, no c. c to pay, everyear go holiday, even sentosa is great.

House is fully paid, no maid levy and no need fancy rest, hawker food for me,

I wan hay mee, I want satay, I wan durian, i wan wantan mee and I wan steam fish too @ a click of a fingers,

AND I PAY IN CASH.

yet i dun not need 160 pa to be comfortable. IT is not where one live, eat and s--t . . . one only need a bed, a roof and water, in the end when you pass on, one still squeeze in a tiny box.

I think reverse mortage is so wrong. First off, you work hard to pay off the mortage on your HDB. Because you spent all of your CPF to pay it off and have no money for retirement, you return the flat to gahmen cheaply who pays you a little amount every month from the money that you gave them. And that is hardly enough to cover the basics. In the end, you end up with nothing and gahmen got your money and your property <_<

Precisely!!!!!

to me, its another scam....... si beh tak gong one somemore......

They are called smart gahmen not for nothing :D .... They outsmart the old folks, clap, clap :D

F**K off lar.

Are you so f--king dumb that you can't understand that I want to know what is the definition of 'comfortable' by doing this survey? Use your brains for a while, please, instead of mouthing off the minute you see something. It's up there for a reason. Try using it.

He's a stirrer, ignore. [:)]

Your poll is interesting.

Two major groups showed up in the poll results so far. One is those "above 160k", the next is "about 120k".

The first group use a different (higher) benchmark to define "comfortable" vs the second group. [:)]

Two major groups showed up in the poll results so far. One is those "above 160k", the next is "about 120k".

The first group use a different (higher) benchmark to define "comfortable" vs the second group. [:)]

i belong to the 2nd group. for singles, 120k pa is more than enough to lead a comfortable life (holidays, car, condo, lifestyle etc). for couple with kids, above 160k pa would be necessary.

Depends on your interpretation of 'comfortable'. Some pple eat at hawker/coffee shop breakfast lunch and dinner happy oredy whilst others eat at restaurants and other upscale establishment. Some pple say porsche audi beemer merc comfy but others say proton geely and kia is comfy enough!

I must be the poorest guy here. [bigcry]

I normally pack my own Breakfast for work, & coffee is make (with coffee bags bought from supermarket) in pantry, or at most buy a sandwich (when I have no time to pack, or run out of bread) from my company little breakfast stall.

Dinner is also mostly self cook.

For me, my own house (no need big, but should be in quiet location), a couple of adorable kids, nice car(s) (my current one is not too bad also) for daily usage & road trips. Oversea Holidays once or twice a year, no need exotic locations, neighboring countries also can leh, preferably by car (hence a nice smooth comfy ride is important for me), or train. I hate to take plane, & will avoid if I can.

Thats good enough for me.

i belong to the 2nd group. for singles, 120k pa is more than enough to lead a comfortable life (holidays, car, condo, lifestyle etc). for couple with kids, above 160k pa would be necessary.

I am always wondering what kind of 'lifestyle' fellow Singaporeans lead (or like to lead), that need so much money. Brands goods, high end restaurant & 1st class tickets to first class hotel when jetting around?

Thankfully I am not a typical Singaporean, & all these means 'luxury' means little to me.

Admittedly, I spend quite some bucks on cars, & I am willing to spend good money on a nice ride. But that is more or less, my biggest money drain.

I think my most expensive apparents are my levis jeans. Haha. My watch is 60 bucks casio. My most expensive watch is 150bucks guess watch. My camera is compact bought cheap at IT fair.

Watch football, play football, sightseeing & some artwork, & home decor (with not so expensive decors), video gaming once in a blue moon, movies, a little bit of cooking, thats fine enough with me.

I am always wondering what kind of 'lifestyle' fellow Singaporeans lead (or like to lead), that need so much money. Brands goods, high end restaurant & 1st class tickets to first class hotel when jetting around?

Thankfully I am not a typical Singaporean, & all these means 'luxury' means little to me.

Admittedly, I spend quite some bucks on cars, & I am willing to spend good money on a nice ride. But that is more or less, my biggest money drain.

I think my most expensive apparents are my levis jeans. Haha. My watch is 60 bucks casio. My most expensive watch is 150bucks guess watch. My camera is compact bought cheap at IT fair.

Watch football, play football, sightseeing & some artwork, & home decor (with not so expensive decors), video gaming once in a blue moon, movies, a little bit of cooking, thats fine enough with me.

the idea of 'lifestyle' is subjective and varies from person to person. u may gravitate towards branded goods,high end restaurants , but my ideas of lifestyle means having the means to pursuit my interest and hobbies. admittingly one of my hobbies is cars and i'm willing to spend on this, upgrading intercoolers,turbos,handling mods,expensive tyres etc. another one is adventure trail running/ marathons around the world. trips to run marathons overseas or trail running UTMB, TNF series ain't cheap, and hence having the means to do so means a lifestyle i can enjoy. my watches are all seiko (most ex is grand seiko) and there is not a single gucci or prada stuff in my wardrobe. money is spend on gears like hydration packs, gps watch, plenty of shoes for running etc... so hence my deduction in 120k pa for singles and >160k pa for couple

↡ Advertisement