Singapore's jobless rate rises to 2.1% in March

Swataction

they bring in more FTs, u will see even more ppl lose jobs...

or singaporeans work same number of hours with the same pay as FTs

Think they will have a good "reason" to say this is the results of cutting down the flow of immigrants/FT/FWs. [laugh]

Not sure what they are talking about. In early 90, Sin, JB and Batam form growth triangle and many supporting industries had moved to Batam and JB. What the point of holding on to a industies if 90% of the workers are going to be FT.

Not sure what they are talking about. In early 90, Sin, JB and Batam form growth triangle and many supporting industries had moved to Batam and JB. What the point of holding on to a industies if 90% of the workers are going to be FT.

$

Turbocharged

Randstad regional director Karin Clarke said: "I think government is committed to restricting the number of foreign workers, particularly at the unskilled and semi-skilled layer.

"Those restrictions are here to stay. But I think there will be some easing when you look at professionals and the qualified level because Singapore's long-term growth depends on being able to bring in the skill sets to upskill the Singaporean workforce.

"Training and education come from overseas expertise, so if we continue to attract large R&D centres, then we need to be bringing those people in that can train the workforce.

Karin Clarke doesn't sound local isn't it? I really burst out laughing when I saw "Training and education come from overseas expertise". Trust me, that's the last thing that will happen. You think foreigners are here to TEACH YOU so that you can snatch their high paying rice bowl? -_-

Neutral Newbie

Asking for a ltt pay rise to counter inflation then come out with this kinda stuff...

Supersonic

Is the job market really slow for the 2nd half of the year?! Wonder it is good time to change job now or change industry? [:/]

Is the job market really slow for the 2nd half of the year?! Wonder it is good time to change job now or change industry? [:/]

Now if got opportunity.

Next time economy not so good,

companies will not be hiring.

I hope you are not applying for a job

that needs critical and strategic thinking.

:D

Supersonic

Now if got opportunity.

Next time economy not so good,

companies will not be hiring.

I hope you are not applying for a job

that needs critical and strategic thinking.

:D

I already feel that not many companies is hiring now. Even they are hiring but they still tend to choose and pick the best! -_- But my friend told me even got opportunity but "jumping" into another company also might have risk, esp when the economy is not good, cause you might be the first to be axe if they want to cut down headcount. [:p]