Singtel line down?

AFV_V200

What appreciation of loyalty? We are all just one number in their monthly churn report.

Where did you move to? Doubt M1 and Starhub are going to give you the girlfriend feel you are looking for  [rolleyes]

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Goodbye Singtel

After 25yrs, FINALLY terminated ALL services

No sense of appreciation of loyalty at all from them...

No such thing as loyalty ... its ok, bro ..

no red, there will always be orange or green and the coming new one too (don't know what colour) available ...

• Praise 1

No such thing as loyalty ... its ok, bro ..

no red, there will always be orange or green and the coming new one too (don't know what colour) available ...

Yup! Lots of choices now

Goodbye Singtel

Our generation where we value friendship and loyal, are constantly being put to the test by the next generation.

It starts with erecting barriers such as high rise living where families are boxed into pigeon holes. Then ever increasing competition from within and without. Next, social mindset - nobody not even the state is going help you unless you are on the brine of death. Finally, as we elevate the value of money and worship it.

These are perhaps the contributing factors. Strangely similarly on 12 Jan 2017 I will also be switching to another Telco altogether. Competitors are providing service at a fraction of their price. Furthermore they are giving fabulous offers to new subscribers but not as of incentives to decades old customers.

Is this the new paradigm?

• Praise 6

Our generation where we value friendship and loyal, are constantly being put to the test by the next generation.

It starts with erecting barriers such as high rise living where families are boxed into pigeon holes. Then ever increasing competition from within and without. Next, social mindset - nobody not even the state is going help you unless you are on the brine of death. Finally, as we elevate the value of money and worship it.

These are perhaps the contributing factors. Strangely similarly on 12 Jan 2017 I will also be switching to another Telco altogether. Competitors are providing service at a fraction of their price. Furthermore they are giving fabulous offers to new subscribers but not as of incentives to decades old customers.

Is this the new paradigm?

It is not new. If you dig up threads from 10 years ago, you can probably see the same type of comments. New customer has always been worth more than old customers because they feel old customers are lazy to move (and they are right in many cases) esp if they put in a lot of hoops for you to jump thru.

• Praise 3

every 2 years jump ship ... problem solved.

now with number porting over ... there is ZERO barrier

It is not new. If you dig up threads from 10 years ago, you can probably see the same type of comments. New customer has always been worth more than old customers because they feel old customers are lazy to move (and they are right in many cases) esp if they put in a lot of hoops for you to jump thru.

• Praise 2

The red only rely on 25% of their profits from local...  so, they may not be keen to entertain local ... whereas the green and orange need 100% from locals ...

If one is desperate, one will offer more ...

• Praise 1

Goodbye Singtel

I recontracted with them still, just last month...

becos i have different services whose contracts end at different times, so it's hard to have a big bang and move all together...

But it was testing... 

When i recontracted from slower to faster fibre in May, they gave me $200 iPhone voucher, cannot transfer and valid only for one month. I told them my contract can recontract only in Jul, but they didn't care.

Asked them for voucher before i recontracted phone line, and they said annual recontract cannot give... argued with them v long, then finally gave me $200 discount from bill. And that's not even reward for my long-time loyalty, just something that was given when i couldn't use...

My parents' were forced to go from old cheap $15 (dumb phone) plan to those cheapest with data plan at $22 i think, as their old phones spoilt so needed new phones, abt 3 yr ago. We purposely didn't recontract when they were eligible cos it will mean moving to the more expensive combo 1 plan. Then when that contract ended, they quietly moved to combo 1 without informing us... Told them they should at least have informed us so we can use the recontract subside to get new phones lah... So irresponsible. Finally agreed to give some discount again...

Service really sucks...

• Praise 1

I recontracted with them still, just last month...

becos i have different services whose contracts end at different times, so it's hard to have a big bang and move all together...

But it was testing... 

When i recontracted from slower to faster fibre in May, they gave me $200 iPhone voucher, cannot transfer and valid only for one month. I told them my contract can recontract only in Jul, but they didn't care.

Asked them for voucher before i recontracted phone line, and they said annual recontract cannot give... argued with them v long, then finally gave me $200 discount from bill. And that's not even reward for my long-time loyalty, just something that was given when i couldn't use...

My parents' were forced to go from old cheap $15 (dumb phone) plan to those cheapest with data plan at $22 i think, as their old phones spoilt so needed new phones, abt 3 yr ago. We purposely didn't recontract when they were eligible cos it will mean moving to the more expensive combo 1 plan. Then when that contract ended, they quietly moved to combo 1 without informing us... Told them they should at least have informed us so we can use the recontract subside to get new phones lah... So irresponsible. Finally agreed to give some discount again...

Service really sucks...

You need to change a few plans to sim only first. Then can easily align all the different plans.

You need to change a few plans to sim only first. Then can easily align all the different plans.

hmm... i never thought of that...

Workable for the handphones. But i also have fibre and mio tv, previously land line too... So it was a mess and couldn't jump ship together.

Let me study how to get it to work... but since I just recontracted again last month. It'll be another min 2 yr's wait...

I just noticed i made a mistake in my earlier post. I reconstructed my fibre in May, and my phone was due only in Oct, so it was 5 mth away. When they gave me the voucher, i asked them how i can use. They suggested i don't want for Oct, and will be able to use the $200 voucher. I asked them how much is the early-reconttact penalty, and they said (I think) $500...

Didn't understand why the person even had the IQ to suggest it...

Didn't understand why the person even had the IQ to suggest it...

Perhaps that is the tactics they use when there is no solution.

every 2 years jump ship ... problem solved.

now with number porting over ... there is ZERO barrier

and number porting now is virtually instant.

I ported over to M1 recently, at 11pm, my SH no signal. Put in the m1, works.

There used to be a few hours/half a day downtime in the past.

and number porting now is virtually instant.

I ported over to M1 recently, at 11pm, my SH no signal. Put in the m1, works.

There used to be a few hours/half a day downtime in the past.

How is SH signal now?

I have a deep impression of weak SH signal. >10 yr ago, in my office, when my colleague's SH phone rang, he will answer, then will 'hello, hello...', and then will have to stand up, and walk out of the office before he could start talking. My ST one was ok. 

At that time, my home was also like that. My wife was on SH, and when her phone rang, had to go to near the window then can talk... She moved to ST a year later.

How is SH signal now?

I have a deep impression of weak SH signal. >10 yr ago, in my office, when my colleague's SH phone rang, he will answer, then will 'hello, hello...', and then will have to stand up, and walk out of the office before he could start talking. My ST one was ok.

At that time, my home was also like that. My wife was on SH, and when her phone rang, had to go to near the window then can talk... She moved to ST a year later.

From my usage. All are fine. Some spots have weak 3g or 4g signals but I think common to every telco.

2g for phone calls so far all ok. Saf training area though I'm not sure...

Goodbye Singtel

SINGTEL is slowly terminating all my services with them !

1st Pager

next PER.SG

there is a FAX service,  can't recall if they terminate me or I terminate them....

now is DIAL-UP

What's next ? Maybe my 12GB 3G !   [laugh]

i purposely align all services and jump ship every 2 years [thumbsup]

Which means there is a chance you will jump back on the same ship.

Not saying you or your case, but in such environment, no hard feelings, jump now, may come back later, so no need to feel forever goodbye.

↡ Advertisement