Getting a trailer in Singapore

Headshok

Neutral Newbie

Has anyone had success in finding the trailer vendor which @kleivard used?

I sent him a message, but noticed he hasn't logged in since June 2016. I am interested to get a similar trailer but not having any luck except with looking at his photos and reading these posts.

Has anyone had success in finding the trailer vendor which @kleivard used?

I sent him a message, but noticed he hasn't logged in since June 2016. I am interested to get a similar trailer but not having any luck except with looking at his photos and reading these posts.

Nowadays it is very hard to register a brand new trailer, even if you can get one from oversea you need to get an engineer to draft a blueprint and with all the testing data to submit to vitas for approval. If you can find a used one grab it!

Nowadays it is very hard to register a brand new trailer, even if you can get one from oversea you need to get an engineer to draft a blueprint and with all the testing data to submit to vitas for approval. If you can find a used one grab it!

Hi bro, i am looking to install a hitch receiver on my honda mobilio.... have pm'ed u.

@kleivard I actually saw a tow and wrote to LA on the requirements on having one... This is their response.

Can I get in contact with you as I would like to install one.i understand its about 5k

Trailer for normal cars

FEEDBACK NUMBER: 20180125-0018

We received your email of 25 January 2018.

We would like to inform you that every vehicle, including trailer, are required to be registered with the Land Transport Authority (LTA) and must comply with the vehicle registration and technical requirements as set out in the Road Traffic Act (RTA) and its subsidiary legislation.

In general, the technical requirements for trailer are as follows:

a) The overall length of the trailer and drawing vehicle shall not exceed 14 metres.

b) The trailer's length shall neither exceed 4.6 metres with regard to its goods carrying space; nor 6.7 metres if the drawbar length were to be included.

c) The width of the trailer shall not exceed 2.6 metres.

d) The length of the drawing vehicle shall not exceed 7 metres, and its manufacturer has to certify the vehicle towing suitability and capacity.

e) The trailer must be equipped with (i) integral lighting system; (ii) reverse buzzer; (iii) mudguard capable of covering the upper half of a wheel; (iv) efficient braking system, the brakes of which are capable of being applied by the driver whilst in the driving seat of the drawing vehicle; (v) two sets of vehicle registration plates identifying the trailer and the drawing vehicle; (vi) approved rear underrun bumper and sideguards.

In order for us to advise you more specifically, we would appreciate it if you could provide us with technical details of the trailer for our evaluation:

a) A copy of the towing vehicle and its trailer’s technical drawing (A3 size) and weight distribution calculations endorsed by a Professional Engineer (Mechanical Engineering)

b) The technical specifications of the towing vehicle from the vehicle manufacturer

c) Weight distribution calculations endorsed by a Professional Engineer (Mechanical)

d) Axle catalogue and Weight card (to determine axle weight)

e) Certification from vehicle manufacturer to certify that the vehicle make and model is suitable to tow a trailer and indicate its towing capacity

You can forward the information to the Counter 28 of Vehicle Approval & Control Division of LTA at 10 Sin Ming Road, Singapore 575701.

We hope the above clarifies. If you require further clarifications, please contact Mr Wong Yuen Keat on 6553 5267 or Mr Garlice Kwek on 6553 5164 for technical drawing matters, and Ms Grace Mah on 6553 5547 or Ms Ivy Yap on 6553 5207 for vehicle registration and taxes matters.

Yours sincerely

Han Hang Kwang

Head, Vehicle Approval

Vehicle Approval & Control

• Praise 2