VW POLO 1.2 at 96K plus this weekend

Colin03

Supersonic

At the current COE price, 17k off for a OPC is no longer attractive.

True, that's why nowadays you seldom find OPC car plate on brand new cars. Now either you buy normal plate or dont buy at all. :D

(edited)

Hi , any info of this promo and comment in term of spec and performance , thank you.

Is this a good promo? [laugh] 1.2 hatchback at $92K? AND IT IS OPC..... In my opinion..no car in singapore is worth buying at all...

Edited by LoverofCar

Ridiculous pricing!!

Was browsing through some exotic dealer ads in the states and you could probably get a 2007 CLS 63 AMG for the same price.

Assume the OMV of the Polo is $16,000. So out of the $113,000 selling price, the Singapore government takes $62,700 (COE) + $16,000 (ARF) + $1,120 (GST) + $3,200 (customs duty) = $83,020. That's the real cause of all this pricing madness.

Is this a good promo? [laugh] 1.2 hatchback at $92K? AND IT IS OPC..... In my opinion..no car in singapore is worth buying at all...

Cost of the car (COE at 62K and minus 17k for Off Peak) is about 85.5k .... VCS's margin excluding other overheads is 11.5k ...... not such a great deal in my opinion ....

off peak car for 96800, only a fool will buy it, if convert to peak car, its about 113000, with this money can buy something better than a 1.2L car.

These days everyone is downsizing engines. The new Bentley Continental is 4.0 V8, last time was 6.0 W12. Dpes this mean it is lousier now? The BMW 740i is a 3.0 litre. The Mercedes E250 is a 1.8 litre. Ford even has a Focus 1.0 litre on sale in Europe now. 1.2 does not mean lousy, it depends on how technology is used.

Not a financially satisfying purchase when the "people's car" saps the people's pocket.

Drivewise, I test drove one abou 2 months ago, and thought that it was acceptable for daily commute to work and back. Not one I would own as a piece of solid engineering technology.

Steering was a tad numb, and throttle response suffered from a slight lag.

Neutral Newbie

So expensive... Worth it or not? U decide.

There are many used car with good quality out there waiting for new owners...

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

Volkswagen Polo comes in two engine capacity- 1.2 L and 1.6 L. The 1.2 L (Trendline/Comfortline/Highline) petrol engine, 1198 cc is packed with 5 Speed Manual Gearbox. This 1.2 L engine of Volkswagen Polo produces a Maximum Power of 75 PS at 5400 rpm and a Maximum Torque of 110 Nm at 3750 rpm. The 1.6L (Highline) petrol engine with a displacement of 1598cc has a 5 Speed Manual Transmission.

Edited by Carsingh01

Just saw the full page advert in Straits Times. They could have chosen a better number plate. Maybe it is just me.

SKE1648 :)

Neutral Newbie

I believe this is a different 1.2 TSI. The previous 1.2 TSI is rated 105bhp and 175NM, 0-100 in 9.6s. This is a lower spec model to replace the 1.4NA. I wonder will VW continue to sell the previous spec model?

Turbocharged

There goes Cat A COE 2 weeks later... [:(]

But seriously I have seen peoplein the carparks with arrogant smug faces driving these kind of small Euro conti cars wearing their noses in the air when they see me get out of my car..it is like they are some kind of royalty and I am some kind of peasant...

ha I simply despise this kind of people.. [whip] ..I am secretly laughing at them.

Neutral Newbie

1.2L tin can for 96k....hmmm

Only a fool will buy it...

What car are you driving? What makes you so sure that Polo is a tin can? I think it's better for you to check first before you say on things you cannot justify.

Can you show examples of car that is of the same value, if not better?

↡ Advertisement