Mr Zeng Guoyuan to join Hougang By Election!!

I-LOVE-CARS

Chandresh Patel, supra n 186, affirmed in Lee Kwang Peng v Private Prosecutor [1997] 3 SLR 278 (HC) and Zeng Guoyan v Public Prosecutor [1997] 3 SLR 321 (HC).

Caning will only be ordered where the act of molest involves the complainant

↡ Advertisement

(edited)

NEWS FLASH!!

Prominent criminal lawyer Subhas Anandan has joined in the fray in Hougang by promising to set up a legal bureau at Hougang Community Club to offer free legal aid to Hougang residents if PAP candidate Desmond Choo wins the by-election on 26 May!

subhashougang.jpg

????????? :huh: :huh:

Edited by I-LOVE-CARS

NEWS FLASH!!

Prominent criminal lawyer Subhas Anandan has joined in the fray in Hougang by promising to set up a legal bureau at Hougang Community Club to offer free legal aid to Hougang residents if PAP candidate Desmond Choo wins the by-election on 26 May!

This is vote buying already. Actually this kind of makes me look down on Subhas whom I had high respect for in the past. Shame on him to align himself so closely to the ruling party. [thumbsdown]

Turbocharged

This is vote buying already. Actually this kind of makes me look down on Subhas whom I had high respect for in the past. Shame on him to align himself so closely to the ruling party. [thumbsdown]

lets read the news before commenting.

he might mean that chosing PAP you will have lots of legal issue which PAP cannot solve hence he will give free consultant. [laugh]

:ph34r: :ph34r: ehh.....wow, this by election just give us surprises after surprises, i wonder what will be next...

NEWS FLASH!!

subhashougang.jpg

????????? :huh::huh:

KNS... PUI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NEWS FLASH!!

i wondered how he got his sentence reduced

i wondered how he got back his law licence

every man has a price

i wondered how he got his sentence reduced

i wondered how he got back his law licence

every man has a price

hmmm, very interesting........ [cool]

lets read the news before commenting.

he might mean that chosing PAP you will have lots of legal issue which PAP cannot solve hence he will give free consultant. [laugh]

I was thinking along this line too [cool]

Very good ... this will dilute the opposition votes by at least 20%, if not more.

Coupled with the YSL stigma, WP may just go slip sliding away! [:p]

Former Workers Party member and acupuncturist Zeng Guoyuan will be contesting in the Hougang by-election as an independent

Zeng was photographed collecting his nomination forms this morning from the Election Department. He was a Workers

Article 45 Disqualifications for Membership of Parliament

(1) Subject to this article, a person shall not be qualified to be a Member of Parliament who

(a) is and has been found or declared to be of unsound mind;

(b) is an undischarged bankrupt;

© holds an office of profit;

(d) having been nominated for election to Parliament or the office of President or having acted as election agent to a person so nominated, has failed to lodge any return of election expenses required by law within the time and in the manner so required;

(e) has been convicted of an offence by a court of law in Singapore or Malaysia and sentenced to imprisonment for a term of not less than one year or to a fine of not less than $2,000 and has not received a free pardon: Provided that where the conviction is by a court of law in Malaysia, the person shall not be so disqualified unless the offence is also one which, had it been committed in Singapore, would have been punishable by a court of law in Singapore;

(f) has voluntarily acquired the citizenship of, or exercised rights of citizenship in, a foreign country or has made a declaration of allegiance to a foreign country; or

(g) is disqualified under any law relating to offenses in connection with elections to Parliament or the office of President by reason of having been convicted of such an offence or having in proceedings relating to such an election been proved guilty of an act constituting such an offence.

(2) The disqualification of a person under Clause (1)(d) or (e) may be removed by the President and shall, if not so removed, cease at the end of 5 years beginning from the date on which the return mentioned in clause (1) (d) was required to be lodged or, as the case may be, the date on which the person convicted as mentioned in clause (1) (e) was released from custody or the date on which the fine mentioned in clause (1) (e) was imposed on such person; and a person shall not be disqualified under clause (1) (f) by reason only of anything done by him before he became a citizen of Singapore.

(3) In Clause (1)(f), "foreign country" does not include any part of the Commonwealth or the Republic of Ireland.

Conviction in 2009

A BUSINESSMAN who put up banners of escaped Jemaah Islamiah detainee Mas Selamat Kastari without permission was fined a total of $3,000 yesterday.

But Zeng Guoyan chose to go to jail for three weeks instead of paying the fine of $1,000, the maximum, on each of the three charges.

The 56-year-old was convicted by District Judge Jasbendar Kaur after a six-day trial.

He won't be cleared to stand for elections.

No, more independents joining in the fray is good!

It will just go to dilute opposition votes.

Then restore PAP back to power at HG!

Maintaing status quo is not the answer, if HG residents want to move forward in life.

Change is for the better. We must change, positively, for the good of the majority, in the name of nation building.

The other opposition parties know, the people want to see a straight fight between PAP & WP. Any other parties or persons who pokes their noses into this fight will lose their credibility.

I hope for Mr Zeng's sake his act is just a publicity stunt and he does not actually submit his papers.

It will not do him any good.

In a way, this by-election will be a very strong barometer of public sentiments post-GE2011.

Maintaining the status quo (WP wins again) is perhaps in Singapore's best interest.

NEWS FLASH!!

And I'd say very well done Subhas!

This is his way of giving back to society.

His contribution to nation building.

He has benefitted lots from tax payers.

Now the people of HG can benefit from his legal expertise!

Kudos to that man!

I will drink to it.

↡ Advertisement