Going to Bangkok, What to do/eat?

I-LOVE-CARS

Hi Bros, i will be going to BKK from 27th May-1st June since Thai Airways has a very good offer, will be staying at Grand China Princess Along Yaowarat Road, the last time i go to bkk was 2+ years back, anyone can recommend?

PS: Wifey will be following, so don't recommend does ahem hor [laugh]

↡ Advertisement

den u not only bang c--k but also bang balls. hahahaha.

for me the must do is massage and simple thai food like mango salad, part thai and roast pork. simple food is da best. wash down with beer then walk around relak drink ice lemon tea drink ice kopi do a bit shopping, go temple pray pray. take things slow. bangkok chais very swee btw esp the college girls.

Hi Bros, i will be going to BKK from 27th May-1st June since Thai Airways has a very good offer, will be staying at Grand China Princess Along Yaowarat Road, the last time i go to bkk was 2+ years back, anyone can recommend?

why dont stay at grande centre point hotel and residence sukhumvit - terminal 21

new and siok siok

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

If u like meats, then I recommend the restaurant below.

That time my thai friends brought me to this place for dinner...great if u are a meat lover.

other than meats, also got seafood and veges for bbq...

price wise I think less than S$20 per pax...

King Kong Japanese Table BBQ (Eat-all-u-can until u puke...hehehe)

Address: Soi Lang Suan, Ploenchit Rd., Lumphini, Pathumwan, Bangkok 10330 Thailand

Phone number+66 (0) 2254 5177 (must reserve table coz always full, I heard from my Thai friends they will release table even if u are late for 10mins for your reservation...-_-)

And yeah Somboon Seafood is another good choice :p

Edited by GummyGummy

Just came back from 1 week work trip.

Since you staying in Yaowarat (chinatown), look for bird nest, shark fins and glass noodle crabs in those chinese restaurants (can't remember.

Go MBK for look look and platinum fashion mall (more for ladies clothing).

There is also rail service from airport to city. Not fast but cheaper than cab if you don't have much luggage.

http://www.bangkokairporttrain.com/

why dont stay at grande centre point hotel and residence sukhumvit - terminal 21

new and siok siok

Terminal 21 quite ex leh, i asked before and with air tickets, it will go up to>2K [knife]

Just came back from 1 week work trip.

Since you staying in Yaowarat (chinatown), look for bird nest, shark fins and glass noodle crabs in those chinese restaurants (can't remember.

Go MBK for look look and platinum fashion mall (more for ladies clothing).

There is also rail service from airport to city. Not fast but cheaper than cab if you don't have much luggage.

http://www.bangkokairporttrain.com/

hmm, i also want to try the airport rail, but this time i will be travelling with quite a few luggage <1 Big, 2 small and 2 backpacks> btw are there any aircraft model store around BKK?

[laugh]

That time my thai friends brought me to this place for dinner...great if u are a meat lover.

Address: Soi Lang Suan, Ploenchit Rd., Lumphini, Pathumwan, Bangkok 10330 Thailand

Phone number+66 (0) 2254 5177 (must reserve table coz always full, I heard from my Thai friends they will release table even if u are late for 10mins for your reservation...-_-)

JAP Food, hmmm will try to reserve when i get there, how long much you book in advance?

(edited)

Makan

T&K Seafood (decent and cheap)

49-51 Soi Phadung Dao | Chinatown, Bangkok, Thailand

MK Gold (Try their premium beef...siok!)

Seafood (If you are adventurous)

Nathong

Massage

HealthLand Spa (confirm clean, I brought my kids along too)

Bangkok night scene

Sirocco, The Dome at Lebua (you can go there for a drink and enjoy the view).

That's what I do when I'm there. Hope that helps.

Also....

See beautiful ah gua

Patpong, I think at Kings I or II (this one I visited long ago)

They are really pretty!

Edited by Salmon

Becareful of fake Somboon restaurant, especially when you take a cab. Some cabs might take you to the fake ones and you'll get carrot head by them.

FAKE SOMBOON

4th Gear

hmm, i also want to try the airport rail, but this time i will be travelling with quite a few luggage <1 Big, 2 small and 2 backpacks> btw are there any aircraft model store around BKK?

[laugh]

My friend who's a fan of airplane models just came back from BKK and he took the train from airport to hotel.

His comments are :

1) No escalators up to train station, he and his wife gotta carry their stuff up.

2) The models are much ex than here, he often go to HKG to shop for these as it's cheaper.

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

JAP Food, hmmm will try to reserve when i get there, how long much you book in advance?

Hehehe I think if u call on the actual day afternoon is ok, if u are going for dinner in the evening...

but to be safe maybe u can book 1 day in advance?

(Sorry I am not 100% sure coz I wasn't the one to do the reservation that time, I only in charge of going there and EAT EAT EAT)

Anyway it's not Japanese food as in Sashimi, Sushi hor..it's Table BBQ....over charcoal...not very smoky.... :P

Oh ya as Salmon had pointed out, do be careful of fake Somboon...

Check out the outlets (they have 5) on their website www.somboonseafood.com

I think it doesn't really matter where u stay, u can always go all over the place to eat coz taxi fares are cheap there :)

But most taxi drivers don't speak English, so it's better if u ask your hotel recept to write your destination in Thai on a piece of paper, and show to the cab driver...or some better hotels will actually speak to the driver to tell them where u wanna go...

If clubbing is your game, then go cheong at night at http://www.bangkok.com/club-guide/rca-ratchadapisek.htm

I like Slim(R&B) & Flix(Electro/House) hehehe

Edited by GummyGummy

Massage, hot spa lor.... those clean where male & female can go.

later tell wife that you have book for her a 5 hrs beauty spa and you go back to room whilst she having her beauty spa... [sly]

All you need is to tell the 'Bellboy' you need a service in room. They will arrange for you.. [inlove]

Hypersonic
(edited)

hahaha was about to recommend to you a place "dont need to do anything" (but actually busy other things)..... No Hands Restaurant [:p]

Edited by Sunny

4th Gear

Massage, hot spa lor.... those clean where male & female can go.

later tell wife that you have book for her a 5 hrs beauty spa and you go back to room whilst she having her beauty spa... [sly]

All you need is to tell the 'Bellboy' you need a service in room. They will arrange for you.. [inlove]

This reminds me of my friend who put his wife into a massage session of 4 hrs and quickly 'chiong' to the 'playground' for his turn of 'massage'..... [lipsrsealed][laugh]

↡ Advertisement