Melaka day trip food tour

Shor

Although Melaka is just 200 over km away from Singapore.

A day or two driving there to chill out, especially for food, is a hobby for many road tripper here.

So I start this thread "again" to share, and will also want to gather some othe good recommendations bros here been before. At least we will have alternatives next time.

post-90165-1337335964_thumb.jpg

I always visit this shop 天合成 ( Tian Hup Seng) to buy their Kuih Wangi and their white coffee. The folks love it. Recommeded.

post-90165-1337336112_thumb.jpg

The most famous Capitol Satay Celup in Melaka. I will skip this the next visit. Not the standard like before anymore. Over rated, bad service, long Queue and sauce bad taste. Not recommended!post-90165-1337336288_thumb.jpg

post-90165-1337336689_thumb.jpg

post-90165-1337336801_thumb.jpg

One of my favorite restaurant in Melaka, the Porridge house.... Highly recommended.[attachment=68136:IMG_2036.jpg]

post-90165-1337337070.jpg

post-90165-1337337126.jpg

post-90165-1337337210.jpg

88cendol at Jonker, no pointcoming here again, the durian cendol is not like before anymore.

Skip!

post-90165-1337337314_thumb.jpg

The Hokkien Bah Kut Teh at Melaka Raya 2. Bros who always patronized Teochew BKT or elsewhere, try this BKT, the soft bone really best and the claypot live of pork leg is fantastic. But I think a little expensive.

Recommended.

post-90165-1337337469_thumb.jpg

And finally went for the last meal in Melaka before heading home. The Chinese Dim Sum buffet

in Renaissance Hotel . Lot's of varities, eat till we feel like vomiting. This place is for quantity not quality. Not recommended.

post-90165-1337337853.jpg

post-90165-1337338010.jpg

post-90165-1337336919_thumb.jpg

↡ Advertisement

4th Gear

Thanks for sharing bro!

Was thinking of going there next month with my friend when my wife is not around...... [:p]

Thanks for sharing bro!

Was thinking of going there next month with my friend when my wife is not around...... [:p]

Go enjoy bro. But frankly, nothing very much , for a day ride, it's ok, food food..... and if not going with wifey, more things to do.....hahaha [rolleyes]

4th Gear

Go enjoy bro. But frankly, nothing very much , for a day ride, it's ok, food food..... and if not going with wifey, more things to do.....hahaha [rolleyes]

Been there twice, the last time the new shopping centre not opened yet. Been thinking of bringing wife there but after last week 1-day trip to Si Wan Dau, she's not keen in such short trips as quite tiring and hectic schedule. [sweatdrop]

I also want to try using my newly bought GPS plus finding a durian farm due to last week didn't managed to find one near Desaru..... [smallcry]

Bai Zan is the best food and best value.

It kinda looks expensive from the outside but it isn't.

The service is great as well.

Not one good Peranakan restaurant.

But we still enjoy Malacca and go two or three times a year.

Yes, this restaurant is good.But this trip very rush, no stomach for it.

thanks too!

Been there twice, the last time the new shopping centre not opened yet. Been thinking of bringing wife there but after last week 1-day trip to Si Wan Dau, she's not keen in such short trips as quite tiring and hectic schedule. [sweatdrop]

I also want to try using my newly bought GPS plus finding a durian farm due to last week didn't managed to find one near Desaru..... [smallcry]

Go to Kampong Keratai. Mr Gan's farm. But he told me this year might be on mid June then have good durians.

4th Gear
(edited)

Ha ha, couldn't find the fruit farm at Desaru.

You are a lost case :D

The fruit farm near Malacca is 25 Km north at a place called Sungei Udang.

Hello, read carefully before shooting your mouth off. Or in this case your itchy fingers off.

I mentioned cannot find a durian farm, not a fruit farm!!! The fruit farm at Desaru told us they don't have durians........UNDERSTAND BOH!!!

Edited by WTF

We tried the chendol at "San Shu Gong" at Pahlawan Mall Melaka last year, and Apr this year.

They have another store located in Jonker Street area, near to the bridge coming from the direction of the Christ Church.

"San Shu Gong" sell MY snacks/tidbits and chendol may not be very well advertised in the store. Enquire from the staff about the chendol.

I like having chendol here, because can enjoy in comfort [aircon, tables, seats, not crowded].

* sorry, how do I reduce the size of the photo ?

2011-06-25_13-27-03_859.jpg

4th Gear

Go to Kampong Keratai. Mr Gan's farm. But he told me this year might be on mid June then have good durians.

Good! Was planning to go ard mid-June..... [:p]

Hello, read carefully before shooting your mouth off. Or in this case your itchy fingers off.

I mentioned cannot find a durian farm, not a fruit farm!!! The fruit farm at Desaru told us they don't have durians........UNDERSTAND BOH!!!

Hey Lelax lar bro!!!! Weather's hot, drink lot's of water!!! LOL :D

4th Gear

Hey Lelax lar bro!!!! Weather's hot, drink lot's of water!!! LOL :D

Sorry, just recovered from fever.....so maybe still got some "leftover" heat to vent off........ [laugh]

4th Gear

So tell me where is the Durian farm near Desaru??????

Hello, your eyes got problem or you got problem in understanding English???

When the hell did I mentioned I found the durian farm in Desaru??? [hur]

4th Gear
(edited)

Watch your blood pressure [cool]

My blood pressure readings are fine, was checked by the doctor a few days ago.

Watch where you're going......'cos you seems to be suffering from sight problem or maybe night blindness etc.. [laugh]

Edited by WTF

4th Gear

Cool lar brothers. You two enemy?? hahhaa

Neber met before or communicated before till today.....where got enemy??? Just sharing our concern to each other nia........ [:p][laugh]

Neber met before or communicated before till today.....where got enemy??? Just sharing our concern to each other nia........ [:p][laugh]

Ouch okay, you guys got unique ways of sharings....LOLzzz

I was at Ban Li Siang for Satay Celup. The gravy was thick and had lots of peanuts. I like but wife complain abt the hot weather. Two of us finished 32 sticks. [thumbsup]

post-2654-1337824364_thumb.jpg

post-2654-1337824373_thumb.jpg

post-2654-1337824483_thumb.jpg

post-2654-1337824490_thumb.jpg

Had cendol at this shop called Lao Sa Kitchen. The cendol was good. Coconut milk and gula melaka was thick but pricing a bit expensive at RM3 per bowl. But the sitting area does make up for it.

post-2654-1337824616_thumb.jpg

↡ Advertisement