Aircon spoil

Jamesc

Hypersonic

What is a magnetic clutch?

From internet:

Magnetic clutches have many applications, but as far as a vehicle is concerned, it is used primarily for the air conditioning compressor. The principal will remain the same for different applications. On the front of an air compressor, there is a set of coils wound in a circular fashion and located in a housing. Around the outside circumference of this housing there is a pulley which rides on a set of ball bearings and race that is pressed onto the outside of the magnetic coil housing. The front of this housing has a flat surface facing forward and serves the same purpose as a flywheel. This whole unit rotates around the compressor driven by a belt.

The driveshaft for the compressor protrudes through the center of the flat surface or flywheel. Attached to the driveshaft is a round disc. This disc acts like a clutch in a car. This clutch disc is in very close proximity to the flat bearing surface and held away by the use of metallic springs on the forward side of the clutch disc. When power is applied to the compressor clutch, it causes an electromagnetic field in the coils behind the clutch disc. This magnetic field attracts the clutch disc to the flat surface of the bearing like a magnet picking up a nail. The magnetic force overcomes the resistance of the springs, and the clutch locks up solid to the flat surface of the bearing and turns the compressor.

Read more: How Does a Magnetic Clutch Work? | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/how-does_4886520_magne...l#ixzz1w02RFieT

:D

Supercharged

Sin Hwee Motor

ask for Mr Goh or his son Ah Kin

BLOCK 3023A, UBI ROAD 1 #01-59 S(408717)

http://www.sinhweemotor.com/

I am not related to this shop in any way

except as a customer.

We will have to hang you if you are promoting for your self interests. :)

Supercharged

Workshop s here like to replace compressors, even for clutch or bearing problems.

More profits for them mah, and plus they can re-sell your compressor to another sucker. (they will claim as re-con). See how much they can earn from one car?

Alot of suckers are ignorant.

Compressors will not spoil if u do maintenance properly such as changing oil.

Supersonic

Compressor usually can last a long time.

It's only due to neglect, that it ran out of coolant, leak, ran out of oil; that it failed.

When you tell people to do regular aircon maintenance; some tell you to save money and don't fix things that are not broken.

Supercharged

Compressor usually can last a long time.

It's only due to neglect, that it ran out of coolant, leak, ran out of oil; that it failed.

When you tell people to do regular aircon maintenance; some tell you to save money and don't fix things that are not broken.

Yeah compressors can last a long time one.

Last I did was in Honda Kah motor (charged only $40, think it was some special price given to me). I dunno any outside WS who can do this. Not alot WS can do it because of the machine

U can ask Markcool or Tomika?

Bro my car also honda. How come they gave u special price?

I went to markcool wan them to service my aircon. They say no prob better dun touch it.

Hypersonic

sure or not?

For you please dun go to this workshop

Please go to the one that ask me to

Change compressor L & Kim.

Hypersonic

We will have to hang you if you are promoting for your self interests. :)

Haha!

I am just a customer but my point is

Dun change compressor so fast

Check magnetic clutch first

Do this with any WS

Supercharged

Bro my car also honda. How come they gave u special price?

I went to markcool wan them to service my aircon. They say no prob better dun touch it.

Dunno. Maybe I look more handsome? Lol. but that was long time ago, bro. 2 years ago, maybe. I might go back to them soon again for compressor oil change. That time I went back for 40k KM servicing

U know when WS is changing your compressor oil, they must also know how to adjust the compressor pressure. The pressure must be right, if not, something will go wrong.

So whatever WS you r going, make sure they know what they are doing.

I was also told nothing wrong, don't touch it. Was told air con nothing wrong go and service it, problem will come in.

I was also told nothing wrong, don't touch it. Was told air con nothing wrong go and service it, problem will come in.

hi bros, so is to service the aircon or not as I am seeing differing comments?? thks in advance

Turbocharged

Last I did was in Honda Kah motor (charged only $40, think it was some special price given to me). I dunno any outside WS who can do this. Not alot WS can do it because of the machine

U can ask Markcool or Tomika?

i went to Tomika at Alexandra Village today. Was pleasantly surprised that they are open. Plugged in the machine and run for 90min. Change oil + coolant. Found that my original oil was quite clean & clear but low on volume. Bill was $120 + gst.

thanks!

Supercharged

i went to Tomika at Alexandra Village today. Was pleasantly surprised that they are open. Plugged in the machine and run for 90min. Change oil + coolant. Found that my original oil was quite clean & clear but low on volume. Bill was $120 + gst.

thanks!

See. U doing good for your compressor. Recommended oil change is every 40k KM. Do it regularly and the compressor will be fine.

I'm surprised tomika is open on Sunday

Any difference in the coldness or noise?

Turbocharged

See. U doing good for your compressor. Recommended oil change is every 40k KM. Do it regularly and the compressor will be fine.

I'm surprised tomika is open on Sunday

Any difference in the coldness or noise?

yup thanks!!

yes colder and slightly quieter :D

Twincharged

I beg to differ. Whats the diff between a car compressor and a home or a fridge one? Do you service the fridge or home one and add and change oil?

↡ Advertisement