Drivers misusing the car horn?

Stiener

Good morning!!

I met a Suzuki Swift driver this morning who honk my wife when she stopped at the road side for me to alight. I recalled that she had turned on the hazard indicators 3 seconds prior to stopping. Slowly down gradually instead of abrupt braking. It took me 3 seconds to alight and close the door. The moment I opened the door I heard the honk from this Swift behind. It was a single white line (center) and it was not at a filter lane or zebra crossing. I wonder what was in the mind of the driver?

Have you come across drivers (including friends) who experience pleasure out of honking (venting of fustration) instead of showing displeasure about other road users behaviour. A typical one but not seen everyday are drivers that speed up when another car moves (with more than enough clearance) into its lane and honk all the way.

Maybe I should have alighted, walk to the swift, knock on the window, point to the center white line and recommend him to keep a BT book in his car. Pass TPT doesn't mean one can discard what they learnt in BT and FT.

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

Sometimes, I feel Singaporeans are too stress tats y they tend to vent their frustrations... But again there are jokers who are jus plain stupid n irritatin [:p]

Hypersonic

Maybe I should have alighted, walk to the swift, knock on the window, point to the center white line and recommend him to keep a BT book in his car. Pass TPT doesn't mean one can discard what they learnt in BT and FT.

Maybe you should have walked to the swift but since

you din have the balls to do it,

you can post here as a keyboard hero.

:D

Turbocharged
(edited)

I have never use my horn for the last 3 years.

Someone could have just remove my horn and I won't even know it is missing.

Edited by Icedbs

Neutral Newbie

Haha, cannot la.. u nv know when u really need to honk a joker to prevent an accident. :)

Sg drivers always horn when they buay song, that is what I notice.

I only horn to alert other drivers or to prevent accidents.

Sg drivers have very bad driving attitude.

They are very generous with their horn and stingy with their signal.

I seldom horn after having being scolded by my Boleh fren when I drove in Msia.

Over there, they seldom horn.

The drivers there are more patience if you notice.

Supercharged

I have tried not using the horn for a long time. But I think it's not possible, everyday, I have drivers cutting me from the right to turn left (from their lane), and we're both in the going straight lane. I have drivers slowing down to 30 in the middle of a 3 lane road then make a sudden left turn, THEN, jam brake, holding up the traffic because, no signal and nobody wants to give way.

I have drivers coming into my lane and they are only half vehicle in front of me, without signal.

In my opinion, it's difficult not to use horn.

But in TS's case, the driver could have a little patience, seeing that he already made effort to hasten the alighting. I have seen car drivers and their passengers, stopping at a filter lane, sharing a goodbye kiss, hug and probably a little grope before kum wan alight.

Supercharged

Sg drivers always horn when they buay song, that is what I notice.

I only horn to alert other drivers or to prevent accidents.

Sg drivers have very bad driving attitude.

They are very generous with their horn and stingy with their signal.

I seldom horn after having being scolded by my Boleh fren when I drove in Msia.

Over there, they seldom horn.

The drivers there are more patience if you notice.

I don't think they are more patient. Judging by the way some of them ride & drive in SG, I will give up horning them and look out for them or just give way so that I will not be involved in an accident with any of them.

Hypersonic
(edited)

Don't waste yr time posting here la. Just walk up to him and ask him what's his problem.

I have the same experience when I was dropping my elderly mum off for her dental appt. All I need is 15 secs to come out of the car, hold her to the pavement and I drive off. Like that, the farking Vios driver also want to horn at me. I waved my hand at him asking what's his problem and he buey song. Had an argument and in the end, just ask him to fark off. Want to bang, bang my rear lor. He also no balls to come down of his car. But have to add I am 1.9m and 90+kg la. [:p]

LJ Vios with an ah beng. No wonder driving this sort of car. Even his OC besides him just ask him to forget it.

Edited by Fcw75

Supercharged

Don't waste yr time posting here la. Just walk up to him and ask him what's his problem.

I have the same experience when I was dropping my elderly mum off for her dental appt. All I need is 15 secs to come out of the car, hold her to the pavement and I drive off. Like that, the farking Vios driver also want to horn at me. I waved my hand at him asking what's his problem and he buey song. Had an argument and in the end, just ask him to fark off. Want to bang, bang my rear lor.

LJ Vios with an ah beng. No wonder driving this sort of car. Even his OC besides him just ask him to forget it.

Y never reverse into him instead? Confirm stunner. [laugh]

Hypersonic
(edited)

Y never reverse into him instead? Confirm stunner. [laugh]

Cannot la. Wat if he have car cam? [laugh]

Edited by Fcw75

Supercharged

Cannot la. Wat if he have car cam? [laugh]

Ask him loh!

"You got car cam?"

"No."

"Confirm?"

"Ya, an zhua?"

*get into car, reverse, step accelerator*

*get out of car*

"SIAO EH WHY YOU BANG INTO ME?!"

Hypersonic

Ask him loh!

"You got car cam?"

"No."

"Confirm?"

"Ya, an zhua?"

*get into car, reverse, step accelerator*

*get out of car*

"SIAO EH WHY YOU BANG INTO ME?!"

[laugh][laugh] ...na bei. What if he entrap me?

Hypersonic

i also misused my car horn

cos i hardly horn at all.....probably less than 5x per year if can ever recall any of them (most of time i would horn to pre-warn ppl i'm there, watch out he/she when coming/reversing out)

↡ Advertisement