Which car designs are hard to tell the country of origin?

KARTer

I find that generally, a german, or french, or jap, or italian car, etc has the design which tells you they come from that country..... and most of the time, for example, a german car will not look like one from italy / france / japan / korea.

Are there any exceptions? Does the new look Hyundai, eg Elantra, still look korean? or more like another country?

Somehow, i dont think a german car designer will come up with something which looks like a typical toyota. Or a toyota designer will not do a alfa romeo look.

↡ Advertisement

Don't you find the Japanese cars are really getting Fugly?

Fugly and expensive and underperforming...

Also, take out the badge, & you have a hard time identifying a new Japanese car by make.

think KIA like conti and Geely like japanese

jap/kor car designs seem to have lots of small, fussy "details", small tiny thinys here and there....

Don't you find the Japanese cars are really getting Fugly?

Fugly and expensive and underperforming...

yup the new honda civic looks worse.

Range rover evoque: looks like Japanese Korean production

Is it the overall proportion? Or the fussy front grill design?

New Lexus: looks like china car

Maybe china car designs are basically copies of others?

New Volvo: looks like b------d child of Japanese, Chinese and some undetermined ang moh mix

Volvo is owned by Chinese now? That's why?

Most modern car designs now are aimed at achieving so called universal appeals, some end up looking mixed "blood"!

Koreans. their designs are getting better and bolder.

They use mainly European designers these day. I heard the head of design for KIA, used to work for Audi.

Sometimes see B&B Japanese car design, want to facepalm. Wondering which people they hire. Maybe japanese companies like Singapore public sector, see paper qualification only.

Oh, you have a honor degree in car design, we hire you. No need to show portfolio or previous work or anything.....

Sometimes, you don't like a car due to certain controverial design, but you can tell they are trying, or to appeal to certain crowds, but some Japanese car design just doesn't seems to be even trying!

They use mainly European designers these day. I heard the head of design for KIA, used to work for Audi.

Sometimes see B&B Japanese car design, want to facepalm. Wondering which people they hire. Maybe japanese companies like Singapore public sector, see paper qualification only.

Oh, you have a honor degree in car design, we hire you. No need to show portfolio or previous work or anything.....

Sometimes, you don't like a car due to certain controverial design, but you can tell they are trying, or to appeal to certain crowds, but some Japanese car design just doesn't seems to be even trying!

Even great designers can have their designs thrown out by accountants or bosses at the top, not all who belong to the latter two groups of people appreciate good designs, yet they have the power to veto. I said this because I feel most designers are able to design good shapes, proportions, lines, but not all who have the final calls are aesthetically inclined IMO.

same goes for kpop. There are collaborations with american music video producers.

↡ Advertisement