Noisy Air-Intake System

Kelpie

Hi all,

I bought a used car that came with a Simota carbon fibre (enclosed) air-intake system. I find it somewhat noisy and to get the original air box will be expensive.

Just wondering if this Simota is notorious for noise or what? What suggestion would you recommend to replace this Simota? Would so called "mushroom" type air-intake system reduce or alleviate the noise problem?

Please advise me and Thank you very much.

Regards,

↡ Advertisement

Mushroom also noisy

Most quiet is stock air box

Depending on ur car made

Jus post on forum swop with others for the original

Supercharged

Hi all,

I bought a used car that came with a Simota carbon fibre (enclosed) air-intake system. I find it somewhat noisy and to get the original air box will be expensive.

Just wondering if this Simota is notorious for noise or what? What suggestion would you recommend to replace this Simota? Would so called "mushroom" type air-intake system reduce or alleviate the noise problem?

Regards,

you dont like more horse ah??

you dont like more horse ah??

HP wont gain that much by just replacing to open pod or wat. it depends on the set up as well.

Neutral Newbie

Hi

If it is comfort & quiet running you are after, your best/ only solution is to get the original airbox & filter etc. The orginal airbox has resonators & other features engineered to remove most of the intake noise.

Personal experience on mushroom type : super noisy, I replaced my stock airbox with a HKS HKS green mushroom, car immediately changed from sounding like a choked vaccuum cleaner into a Malaysian lorry with a hole in the exhaust [:p]

No kidding, the difference was that big (I was already on aftermarket exhaust, one of the quieter ones. LTA approved.)

I love the noise since it keeps me awake during rush hour jams & I dun have to use the horn most of the time [:p]

My car has lousy insulation in the first place & I am too cheap to invest in good ICE [:p]

Cheers

Hi all,

Regards,

you might want to post in the trade column for an exchange to original air-box - you might have some cash in return.

Original box is quiet as they have the air routed around pipes...off course air flow is lesser.

If you want can get workshop to customise a airbox for you...it helps to reduce the noise a bit.

BTW...the noise has nothing to do with filters....its the engine sucking air that is causing the noise.

If you want to know who can customise the airbox...drop me a PM and I can share with you.

Most quiet is stock air box

Mazda put a sound enhancer in my car and while it feels and sounds shiok, there're days when I wish the cabin could be a lot more quieter. [:(]

↡ Advertisement