New public transport fare review committee

Rezorn86

The government has appointed a 13-member committee to look into the public transport fare adjustment formula and the framework for fare adjustments.

↡ Advertisement

Hypersonic

Then PTC do what? Why need to create new group to duplicate old ones? At least dissolve the old ones first.

Then PTC do what? Why need to create new group to duplicate old ones? At least dissolve the old ones first.

waste of resources....how come MOT cannot do things on their own? need so many "other" committees to do their job? [furious]

waste of resources....how come MOT cannot do things on their own? need so many "other" committees to do their job? [furious]

u need a committee to make another committee....and the committee have to answer to the top committee...and the top committee will need to make another committee to committee the said committee. Get it! [laugh][laugh]

Of course lah, then the PTC can take the flak mah when they recommend increase. MOT headed by ministar leh. Must protect, else come next erection got pressure many many.

1st Gear

The government has appointed a 13-member committee to look into the public transport fare adjustment formula and the framework for fare adjustments.

I am skeptical on the outcome bringing significant positive impact on anything benefits commuters.

Adjustments has always been disappointing. Another month for a dismal tweak?

Prove me i'm wrong this time i hope.

I think their new pattern is every time there is fare adjustment, there will be a new committee formed but with the SAME EXCUSE for the increase.

Hypersonic

The billion spent on improving the buses have to come from somewhere and we all know who's going to pay for it.

I said that again PTC is a joke.

Whenever operator want to increase, they just sarport.

For the last 5 years how much have our "public transport" fare increase?

We are at the MERCY of our expensive " public transport "

I can never understand why our LTA is unable to craft out policies and Public transport fee guidelines on its own with inputs from the public and professionals. Why must a committee be doing this job?

I can never understand why our LTA is unable to craft out policies and Public transport fee guidelines on its own with inputs from the public and professionals. Why must a committee be doing this job?

committee is selected one.

yes sir yes sir 3 bag fools.

I think their new pattern is every time there is fare adjustment, there will be a new committee formed but with the SAME EXCUSE for the increase.

Need a special committee to spend time research the best statistics to use in order to justify fare increase. If public not happy, use statistics force it down their throat.

Why do we need another new rubber stamp to approve fare hikes? I really do not understand.

Anyway, in balancing public interest in more "affordable" fares and transport operators long term "viability", we can be always sure these committees have a tendency to tip a certain way, no matter what formula is used.

↡ Advertisement