New public transport fare review committee

Rezorn86

Why MSM never put chart to compare the minister salary??

Because the whole world has those charts. Why bother to do something when somebody has done it for you -_-

↡ Advertisement

i know the raise was delayed but now oil plunged > 50% and will continue to stay low ... cannot just offset the 2.8% meh [mad]

Edited by Wt_know
  • Praise 1

Now I know why pm says wages will go up....for ppl working in sbs, smrt & lta. Maybe pm himself get pay raise too? But not us regular folks lah. LoL...

post-18163-0-38727300-1421848345_thumb.jpg

• Praise 6

hmmm, why they never compare our car prices with other countries [confused]

look at how propaganda ST write their headlines:

embedfare7.jpg

Now I know why pm says wages will go up....for ppl working in sbs, smrt & lta. Maybe pm himself get pay raise too? But not us regular folks lah. LoL...

attachicon.gifimg5315659f36668.jpg

I think even if the old man goes ........ they are not going to get much sympathy vote. In fact, I think the internal palace will be in chaos

• Praise 4

Always like to compare with other places with fares higher than us, but theirs r more efficient. And they dont pay fools with big fat salary

Happened to come across this pcs of interesting article on Facebook..

People who like money too much ought to be kicked out of politics, Uruguayan President José Mujica told CNN en Español in an interview posted online Wednesday.

“We invented this thing called representative democracy, where we say the majority is who decides,” Mujica said in the interview. “So it seems to me that we [heads of state] should live like the majority and not like the minority.”

Dubbed the “World’s Poorest President” in a widely circulated BBC piece from 2012, Mujica reportedly donates 90 percent of his salary to charity. Mujica’s example offers a strong contrast to the United States, where in politics the median member of Congress is worth more than $1 million and corporations have many of the same rights as individuals when it comes to donating to political campaigns.

“The red carpet, people who play -- those things,” Mujica said, mimicking a person playing a cornet. “All those things are feudal leftovers. And the staff that surrounds the president are like the old court.”

Mujica explained that he didn’t have anything against rich people, per se, but he doesn’t think they do a good job representing the interests of the majority of people who aren’t rich.

“I’m not against people who have money, who like money, who go crazy for money,” Mujica said. “But in politics we have to separate them. We have to run people who love money too much out of politics, they’re a danger in politics… People who love money should dedicate themselves to industry, to commerce, to multiply wealth. But politics is the struggle for the happiness of all.”

Asked why rich people make bad representatives of poor people, Mujica said: “They tend to view the world through their perspective, which is the perspective of money. Even when operating with good intentions, the perspective they have of the world, of life, of their decisions, is informed by wealth. If we live in a world where the majority is supposed to govern, we have to try to root our perspective in that of the majority, not the minority.”

Mujica has become well known for rejecting the symbols of wealth. In an interview in May, he lashed out against neckties in comments on Spanish television that went viral.

“The tie is a useless rag that constrains your neck,” Mujica said during the interview. “I’m an enemy of consumerism. Because of this hyperconsumerism, we’re forgetting about fundamental things and wasting human strength on frivolities that have little to do with human happiness.”

He lives on a small farm on the outskirts of the capital of Montevideo with his wife, Uruguayan Sen. Lucia Topolansky and their three-legged dog Manuela. He says he rejects materialism because it would rob him of the time he uses to enjoy his passions, like tending to his flower farm and working outside.

“I don’t have the hands of a president,” Mujica told CNN. “They’re kind of mangled.”

http://therealsingapore.com/content/%E2%80%98worlds-poorest-president-explains-why-we-should-kick-rich-people-out-politics

Edited by Aaronlkl
  • Praise 9

2.8% increase?

Sounds very fine.

Well much much better than the 10-20% increase in my wanton mee and softdrink and economy rice and other privately run goods and services....

President Xi must get some DIGNITY .... how can Xi speak to CEO who earns more than him?

if Xi use the RMB$1 per person formula ... his salary is smelly smelly RMB$1B yuan per year ...

put a 50% discount in still got RMB$500 millions yuan .... [thumbsup] ...

openly accept money for his work ... definitely no corruption liao

However, Mr Xi's new salary of about $22,000 a year will still be far less than that of his peers. US president Barack Obama, for example, earns a base salary of $400,000 a year.

The world's highest paid leader is Singapore's Prime Minister, Lee Hsien Loong, who earns $1.8m.

interesting article .

look for the mention of our beloved leader , I guess he benchmark base on his own salary

http://www.bbc.com/news/business-30896205

Edited by Wt_know

Turbocharged

spot on!

make cars so expensive, to force people to switch to public transport

yet public transport is held ransom by the private operators, who only care about profits and revenues every year

there's no way out already, we have to make changes [sly]

hmmm, why they never compare our car prices with other countries [confused]

• Praise 5

Lui did an important job, by setting the precedent of increasing bus fare when oil price plunge 50%, taxi fare, electric tariff can now increase even when oil price plunge further... Lui deserve a hefty pay rise by taking care of shareholders interest... Tuck Yew very much

2.8% increase?

Sounds very fine.

Well much much better than the 10-20% increase in my wanton mee and softdrink and economy rice and other privately run goods and services....

I have to be honest here.

Even a 20% hike in transport prices isn't going to affect us (those in this forum) much. If you ask me, I would gladly pay 20% more for more frequent and direct buses. If paying 20 cents more can save me 20 minutes, then sign me up.

• Praise 2

cannot compare .... reason ... uniquely singapore ...

Rich people driving private car smelly smelly save 20% or $50-100 monthy.

Poor people taking public transport..... pay extra 2.8%.

Uniquely Singapore indeed.

[hur]

Edited by Stepspro
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2