Travel insurance claims

Phuakangtao

Neutral Newbie

Anyone has experience?

My laptop was dropped when traveling in usa and LCD cracked.

Should I repair it and use invoice to claim or claim first then repair?

If can claim I'd rather repair in Sony if not much chance I repair sim lim can already

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

I done medical claim on my travel insurance before. Never for laptop repair. I tot tis type is ownself pay???

No leh.. Travel insu cover alot personal items damaged lost etc... My fried claims his speedo swimming trunk missing also knn

No leh.. Travel insu cover alot personal items damaged lost etc... My fried claims his speedo swimming trunk missing also knn

How to? So clever these people! Need receipt and evidence of lost?

(edited)

long ago, my ex-colleague said he went bangkok, claimed items snatched by snatch thief and then go police report.

since they r foreigners, the police just took down statement n gave them a copy thats it.

come back sg, claim items lost w the police report, insurance asked to see proof that u own the items such as boxes, receipts, warranty card, usb cable, spare battry etc etc to process claim...its very silly actually but can be done. u know what i mean ... lol

Edited by Babyt

I did once when the lock of my luggage was damaged.

Sent in a few photos and fill up the form.

Claim was approved @ less than $20/-, as my luggage was brought (less than $100/-) a few years ago and without receipt.....

End up throw away and buy a new one, with discount (of the claimed amount) from the insurance company... [:p]

Supersonic

long ago, my ex-colleague said he went bangkok, claimed items snatched by snatch thief and then go police report.

since they r foreigners, the police just took down statement n gave them a copy thats it.

come back sg, claim items lost w the police report, insurance asked to see proof that u own the items such as boxes, receipts, warranty card, usb cable, spare battry etc etc to process claim...its very silly actually but can be done. u know what i mean ... lol

which insurance co was that?

Supersonic

Anyone has experience?

If can claim I'd rather repair in Sony if not much chance I repair sim lim can already

dun do anything. call the insurer first and seek their advise.

knn.... like tat travel insurance going into the foot path of car insurance liao lar... [bigcry]

Nowadays everybody keeps claiming from travel insurance for all kinda small things. People like me who only buy to insure in case of accidents/emergency evacuation back to SG really paying for all these stupid claims [furious]

my luggage wheels spoil during the transportation.

took pix

send in with email

done in a week

with a cheque.

i bought at $150 (1 yr old)

i anyhow credit 50% depreciation.

they sent a cheque of $75 back.

my luggage wheels spoil during the transportation.

took pix

send in with email

done in a week

with a cheque.

i bought at $150 (1 yr old)

i anyhow credit 50% depreciation.

they sent a cheque of $75 back.

Do you need to show proof of purchase (receipt) and police report as stated in the T&C?

[cool]

When going through airport security, the security person drop my laptop & my screen, casing all cracked and dented. Luckily that time I bought some travel insurance from POSB before I left, managed to claim back the full sum for repair which was good cuz it would have cost me a lot of money! I took a picture of the on-site damage and got a letter from the airport security saying that he had dropped it, plus proof of receipt when i first bought the laptop. Keeping this kinda records very important!

Anyone has experience?

repair then can claim.. u bought travel insurance, shouldnt be a prob.

When going through airport security, the security person drop my laptop & my screen, casing all cracked and dented. Luckily that time I bought some travel insurance from POSB before I left, managed to claim back the full sum for repair which was good cuz it would have cost me a lot of money! I took a picture of the on-site damage and got a letter from the airport security saying that he had dropped it, plus proof of receipt when i first bought the laptop. Keeping this kinda records very important!

take a copy of the lappy receipt

the repair receipt

the picture of the damage (important)

the report from airpork

and claim form.

Neutral Newbie

I took out a travel insurance policy with Tokio Marine Insurance Singapore through Singcapital for my family. The policy holds valid for a period of 12 months and covers worldwide (TM Xplora Classic Family).

My family and I planned to travel to Japan for holiday. However, my wife experienced increase abdominal girth gradually and had heavy bleeding and two other bleeding earlier. She was referred for ultrasound pelvis (to investigate gynaecological tumour). It was diagnosed she is pregnancy and her expected date of pregnancy coincide with our traveling plan.

The attending consultant has certified she is unfit for travel.

Tokio Marine Insurance Singapore replied that

Section 16 (trip cancellation) “Pregnancy is not listed as one of the conditions". Tokio Marine Manager, Underwriting - Personal Lines (A&H) & Customer Service Centre replied "The above clauses are all stipulated in the policy terms and conditions (policy wordings) and Pregnancy is excluded for all sections of the policy except for Benefit 6 – Medical Expenses – Pregnancy Related Expenses." Citing Pregnancy not listed as one of the conditions" for trip cancellation.

Misrepresention??? I was only given a pdf copy of the policy schedule. No hard copy on the policy terms was given! I have been renewing the annal travel insurance.

Fine print: You may request for a hardcopy if you need.

You will be surprise the "hidden clauses" when you file the claims.

This is not a pre-exisiting condition of illness/pregnancy! It did not specifically state Pregnancy cannot claim.

I will definitely not renew or purchase any other insurance policies with

Tokio Marine and Singcapital.

After this bad experience, I think there is no need to purchase travel insurance. Just buy flexible air tickets(can reschedule date) and paid a little extra for free cancellation(hotel). You can charge the full cost of your tickets or travel package to the credit card that provide free insurance. It should include Travel Accident, Overseas Emergency Medical and Assistance travel expenses.

Note: Make sure you have sufficient term policy and hospitalisation plan.

↡ Advertisement