Best use of KrisFlyer miles

Icebird

bro, you can always check online or call them ("live" status) how many redemption seats are available.

Call to check is ok but better to redeem online cos got 15% disc on the miles.

↡ Advertisement

Turbocharged

not true ............. if u know the loophole, online or thru the phone, all can get 15% discount.

thru the phone is the best. Can do "MAGIC". I wont disclose here.

Turbocharged

Yes. with or without ticket, it is possible to check the "LIVE" status of the redemption seat thru phone/online.

it's better to double check thru both venue before issuing the ticket.

not true ............. if u know the loophole, online or thru the phone, all can get 15% discount.

thru the phone is the best. Can do "MAGIC". I wont disclose here.

Phone can? I usually do it at the centre... and do it on the spot. and yes, still got discount :D

Anyone knows what's the fastest way to accumulate KF miles? I am short by quite a bit. Read online that one may be able to buy KF miles (via buying HSBC rewards points) but i think that's not ppssible now.

Turbocharged

to convert Bank points to Krisflyer miles, it may takes 2days to 3weeks depending on the bank.

DbeeS is the slowest. Must apply for the DBS FFP membership, pay S$40 per year. Wait here and there. almost 10days gone.

If u are short of 1k to 2k miles, just buy direct from krisflyer.

they are selling at 1000 miles for USD40.

Hi all, I intend to redeem miles for 1 way economy and 1 way business to Taiwan.

Issit more economical to redeem this way or I buy 2 way economy, then I use the miles to upgrade to business class?

Thanks all

Hi all, I intend to redeem miles for 1 way economy and 1 way business to Taiwan.

Issit more economical to redeem this way or I buy 2 way economy, then I use the miles to upgrade to business class?

Thanks all

Now budget airline cheap cheap...I will not redeem any short flight with mile....afterall short flight I don't need a good airline... just able to get there is good enough for me...

A) It is cheaper to do a full redemption for both ways using miles.

B) If u want to do a upgrade to Business class, u must buy the "E" class Economy category seat then u can use yr existing miles for upgrading. E class ticket quite x. I dont find it worth at all.

Further more, the upgrading miles differences is very minor compare under the full redemption.

Thanks for the advise.

Im travelling with family, so budget not so suitable for kids.

Can't travel far these recent years, so can only travel nearby places.

Whats the difference of those classes, eg J , E, etc?

i just went Osaka with miles. paid like $300+ for tax.

i will only take budget to places within malaysia. anything more than 2hrs i will go full service.

some ppl can live with taking budget if given a choice but i still prefer full service to go BKK and HK

Edited by Babyt

Quick question.

For bookings made under group via tour agency - is it eligible to earn miles?

I can't seem to get info online.

Any insights appreciated.

↡ Advertisement