What is you real purpose of owning >1 car?

Kelpie

Hi all,

Some got it for weekend shopping, e.g, a SUV or a MPV.

Some husbands and Wives drive different cars so ended up 2 cars for one household.

Some just want to try different made and brands [cool], also ended up > 1 car.

So where do you stand [laugh]?

Regards,

↡ Advertisement

Some families are big so they have more cars especially if they're rich. Possible scenario listed below

2 family sedans, one for mum, one for dad. Possibly because they work at different locations and different hours.

A third car for their young kid who has just gotten a license to drive.

At the same time this young kid of theirs may study really far from where he/she lives so the car is a convenient way to get around.

If they have 2-3 kids only a few years apart, then these kids may each have a car to drive if their house is big enough to fit all of them.

I know of someone like that who lives in serangoon gardens.

I believe some family husband and wife works at different location.

So naturally they have to own two cars to go to work separately.

Let's say two person already drives car before they got married. Naturally they will want to have their own cars after they got married, status quo.

Nowadays girls are equally capable to own cars, so I guess it's common.

One household having more than 1 or 2 cars is common, especially if their children are grown up and own cars too.

I think the issue should be one person owning more than one car.

One household having more than 1 or 2 cars is common, especially if their children are grown up and own cars too.

In most families, 3 or 4 cars can be under the dad's name because of cheaper insurance. No big deal lah.

Supersonic

Agreed, it is common to find one household to own more than 1 car. Esp if husband and wife are working and cannot share one car to work, so having 2 cars is a norm. But if one person owns more than 1 car, then i think very wasteful.

Some families are big so they have more cars especially if they're rich. Possible scenario listed below

2 family sedans, one for mum, one for dad. Possibly because they work at different locations and different hours.

A third car for their young kid who has just gotten a license to drive.

At the same time this young kid of theirs may study really far from where he/she lives so the car is a convenient way to get around.

If they have 2-3 kids only a few years apart, then these kids may each have a car to drive if their house is big enough to fit all of them.

I know of someone like that who lives in serangoon gardens.

that's not quite what TS meant i think.

your example is one household not one person.

similarly household income is not individual personal income.

When I went to sentosa cove, saw at least 2-3 cars per home.. And 1 would be a sportscar eg Lambo or fellarli..

So I guess 1 would be for husband, 1 for wife, and the sportscar for nighttime/weekend playing

Farking richies! [laugh]

(edited)

those people whom i know owning more than one car, usually own expensive sports cars.

my indo friend who lives at ardmore takes the taxi for convenience although he has 3 cars.

aventador (just arrived) Aston DBS and Porsche 911turbo.

cars to them are like watches and jewellery. definitely not simply transportation.

Edited by Throttle2

Supersonic

When I went to sentosa cove, saw at least 2-3 cars per home.. And 1 would be a sportscar eg Lambo or fellarli..

So I guess 1 would be for husband, 1 for wife, and the sportscar for nighttime/weekend playing

Farking richies! [laugh]

If you stay in sentosa cove such a "ulu place", and if there are a few people staying in sentosa cove house, surely everyone need to have their own car, more convenient to move around lo. [:p]

Hi all,

Some got it for weekend shopping, e.g, a SUV or a MPV.

Some husbands and Wives drive different cars so ended up 2 cars for one household.

Some just want to try different made and brands [cool], also ended up > 1 car.

So where do you stand [laugh]?

Regards,

i see one uncle drives his van for work, his porsche to see mistress, his wife drives an old merc to play mahjong. whole family goes out in a mpv. young daughter go to NUS in a swift. all under uncle's name. :o

that's not quite what TS meant i think.

your example is one household not one person.

similarly household income is not individual personal income.

Haha well but most of the time the cars are under one person's name. I'm just pointing out the most common reason why people own more than one car.

If you're talking about one person, then perhaps he has different needs.

For example a 2 door coupe/convertible when he wants to show off at clubs, etc, a family sedan when he has to send his family members or when he goes out in a group. He may also have a car which has nothing but brute power when he feels the adrenaline rush.

Farking richies! [laugh]

haha no need to look so far. The Mountbatten road stretch also got. There's one guy over there who has a number of classic mercs.

Supersonic

I believe if a person owns more than 1 car, the most valid reason is this person must have too much money and dont know where to "throw"! So this person would buy more than 1 car according to his needs. Like an expensive conti saloon to work and dinner appoinment, normal jap car to msia and SUV to chiong off-road etc. :D

(edited)

If you stay in sentosa cove such a "ulu place", and if there are a few people staying in sentosa cove house, surely everyone need to have their own car, more convenient to move around lo. [:p]

[laugh]

Some even have their owned yacht parked at the rear of their house..

Wont be surprised if they have their own helicopter and helipad [laugh]

Like that they will have all modes of transportation covered: Land, Air and Sea

Edited by Kurtselva

Twincharged

My family got a second car when I passed my driving test. Parents wanted me to drive to school by myself.