MediaCorp TV channels to go digital from end-2013

Wubb

Turbocharged

post-4330-0-35496100-1498103026_thumb.jpeg

post-4330-0-98262100-1498102726_thumb.jpeg

For those with digital tv ready sets, do you all plug into any of the above and still works? I cannot imagine every individual units sticking their antennas out of the windows. Does HDB or town council enable the old rooftop antenna to receive those digital broadcast signals? 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

attachicon.gifFile_000.jpeg

attachicon.gifFile_000-2.jpeg

For those with digital tv ready sets, do you all plug into any of the above and still works? I cannot imagine every individual units sticking their antennas out of the windows. Does HDB or town council enable the old rooftop antenna to receive those digital broadcast signals? 

Digital tv ready sets will need to plug into the Starhub tv point.

It should work if the Starhub point are not connected to the rooftop antennas (at the service riser).

The rooftop antennas are not able to receive digital signal. 

• Praise 1

How do I check if my current TV is digital ready? My understanding is that if it is digital ready, I just need to buy the antenna instead of buying both the DVB-T2 set-top box and antenna.

• Praise 1

Problem is whatever label/stickers if available was taken out after I bought the TV about 2 years ago. [bigcry]

Bought 2 years ago?

Then very high probability its T2.

Unless its a 32" or brand like skyworth

who gave free external T2 boxes.

Anyway on the 1% chance its not T2

T2 box is only like $25 on Qoo10.

:D

• Praise 1

Bought 2 years ago?

Then very high probability its T2.

Unless its a 32" or brand like skyworth

who gave free external T2 boxes.

Anyway on the 1% chance its not T2

T2 box is only like $25 on Qoo10.

:D

It's a Samsung. Haven't check the online prices, saw it at Giant selling $100+. Thanks .

Supersonic

It's a Samsung. Haven't check the online prices, saw it at Giant selling $100+. Thanks .

According to Samsung, all tv bought after 2013 are digital tv ready

http://www.samsung.com/sg/discover/television/are-you-digital-tv-ready/

So you just need an antenna. Most likely a UHF antenna.

It's nothing special, you can even make a crude antenna with a wire of the right dimension to test your tv.

Try the tuning menu setting to see if the "Digital Tv" setting is there.

• Praise 1

I bought a Bravia and installed it yesterday (together with a USB booster antenna). 

I notice that the audio & visual seems to be not synchronize (less than 0.5s). It appears to me that the audio completes before the visual; like when I am watching the news, the sentence is complete but the reader's mouth is still moving.

It is happening on all the FTA channels. I tried a second set of booster antenna (same brand) and moving the antenna to different location but it is still out of sync. With a DVD, it does not have this problem.

Anyone had similar problem? Is it a TV, antenna or signal issue?

TIA

I bought a Bravia and installed it yesterday (together with a USB booster antenna). 

I notice that the audio & visual seems to be not synchronize (less than 0.5s). It appears to me that the audio completes before the visual; like when I am watching the news, the sentence is complete but the reader's mouth is still moving.

It is happening on all the FTA channels. I tried a second set of booster antenna (same brand) and moving the antenna to different location but it is still out of sync. With a DVD, it does not have this problem.

TIA

hmmm i'm guessing it's more likely a signal issue.

Why not test it on your relative's tv and see if the DVB-T2 tuner box has the same issue elsewhere?

Why need to install an antenna whew t.v. are all digital ready, just do a channel search for digital Will do, works for my t.v.

Some of us have older TVs lah.

TIA

Lip sync, most likely tv or source issue.

Antenna, signal; does not change the timing.

Each digital stream consist of a video stream and (sometimes multiple) audio stream transmitted together.

If audio stream lag or ahead of video stream, then you get lip synced problem.

The tv is digital ready, so there is tuner box, just direct antenna into the TV.

I have been monitoring the last 2 nights and the problem is gone now. So maybe it is signal problem... or could still be a problem with the TV.

I am using the USB powered digital antenna. I think these are called active antenna. Apparently, even with the USB power disconnected, reception is still good. But if I disconnect the reception cable, then there is just static. So I will need at least a passive antenna.

Turbocharged

Why need to install an antenna whew t.v. are all digital ready, just do a channel search for digital Will do, works for my t.v.

The TVs only have tuners inside they don't have antennas...

Finally going digital myself... mainly because it seems they really have shut off the broadcasts in my zone

The TVs only have tuners inside they don't have antennas...

Finally going digital myself... mainly because it seems they really have shut off the broadcasts in my zone

Both my Philips t.v. are able to receive all the digital channels, without using any external antennas. I didn't spend a single cent, my t.v.s just churned out all the local digital channels when I did digital channel search
↡ Advertisement